Clemson | Syracusefan.com

Clemson

orange79

Internet Sleuth
It being April 1st, take this with as many grains of salt as you wish.

Great (and dangerous) if it happens, but I’m not holding my breath. “Great” because they’d be the sixth team, and “dangerous” because they’re not afraid to throw money around.

Separately, if the ACC ever does get an AQ, that would probably trigger the creation of another play-in game.

Not falling for this one again.. I fell for the Boston College one a few years ago.. lmao

It being April 1st, take this with as many grains of salt as you wish.

I saw a report earlier this morning that Clemson & Florida St. are joining the Big Ten in 2025, and that ND might follow. Even showed a Pete Thamel tweet. At the bottom of the article it said it was a satire site. Unlikely anyway because Clemson & FSU are not AAU members.

Great (and dangerous) if it happens, but I’m not holding my breath. “Great” because they’d be the sixth team, and “dangerous” because they’re not afraid to throw money around.

Separately, if the ACC ever does get an AQ, that would probably trigger the creation of another play-in game.
They almost immediately became relevant in softball and women's lax after establishing those programs.

It’s inconceivable to me that all ACC programs don’t have lacrosse.
it's a Title IX situation, they'd have a cut a men's team in another sport to add lacrosse, it's not gonna happen. The only thing I see could happen is FSU adding a men's and women's team, they currently don't have a women's team. I don’t see that happening either as they want to leave the ACC anyway

it's a Title IX situation, they'd have a cut a men's team in another sport to add lacrosse, it's not gonna happen. The only thing I see could happen is FSU adding a men's and women's team, they currently don't have a women's team. I don’t see that happening either as they want to leave the ACC anyway
you don't have to cut a men's sport to add lacrosse. 99% of p5 schools are not in substantial proportionality, which for semi-largeish schools is within 1-2%. as they're not using prong 1 to be in compliance, they're using prong 2 or 3 (which is basically 2). that's adding women's slots over time. so that has nothing to do with adding men's slots if an ath dept chooses to.

the deal is p5 ath dept's have no inclination to add non-revenue men's sports.

Everything is a Title IX situation. It’s why SU doesn’t have wrestling. It’s dumb. Lacrosse is a perfect sport for the ACC footprint. As college football moves more toward a professional sport, Title IX restrictions should be relaxed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom