Club Sports at SU | Syracusefan.com

Club Sports at SU

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
Saw a story on social media regarding club sports at SU being told not to use the block S on their social media accounts. Not sure what the reasoning behind such a decision might be, but seems sort of ridiculous.

I saw that also. Not sure what the logic is behind a decision like that. I saw a few club sport teams have asked for clarification, as it sounds as though using the SU logo is ok on uniforms but not on T-shirt’s, social media and other platforms.

Club sports are also not the only ones being asked not to use the “Block S” logo. The “Block S” logo trademark guidelines apply for any student organization on campus, according to Murphy.

Could this be NIL related?

Club sports are also not the only ones being asked not to use the “Block S” logo. The “Block S” logo trademark guidelines apply for any student organization on campus, according to Murphy.

Could this be NIL related?
That was my thinking. If student-athletes need to comply with their institution's intellectual property policies (including logos, trademarked, and copywrited materials) now with NIL, then it would make sense that they would need to tighten some of the areas where the policies weren't enforced - particularly in peripheral sports under the university's name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom