Coach Hop in Charlotte | Syracusefan.com

Coach Hop in Charlotte

Tobias Funke

All Conference
Not much to report, just saw him In the airport. Did t bother him because he as on the phone but it is hard to miss him decked out in USA basketball gear.

Also saw a kid who was atleast 6'9" walking through with basketball clothes on. Maybe there is an event in town

Not much to report, just saw him In the airport. Did t bother him because he as on the phone but it is hard to miss him decked out in USA basketball gear.

Also saw a kid who was atleast 6'9" walking through with basketball clothes on. Maybe there is an event in town

ACC media days? Rak and Cooney were the players scheduled to attend.

That's funny.

A family friend who goes to Elon said that he saw Coach Hopkins the other day. I totally didn't believe him at first as the season is just starting and I assumed Hop would have to be at practices.

Anyway he said he asked Hop a few Syracuse related questions (he grow up a huge SU fan). Hop told him that the guards are going to surprise people this year. Kaleb may not be Tyler Ennis with ball protection, but he is like a "firecracker" (Hop's words) and will bring back the patented SU fast-break mentality. Which is a nice fit with our young, athletic wings.

Hop also told him that Rak is this year's team leader. He has really worked hard on his offensive game over the summer. And is even hitting that short little jumper with consistency.

When asked about BJ Johnson, Hop told him that it would cost tree-fiddy. Just then, my friend realized that this was not Coach Hopkins. This was, in fact, a 9ft tall leftover from the paleozoic era. This was that damn loch ness monster.

Are we in a time period where coaches can watch HS players? Could this have been a Giles trip?

images

Are we in a time period where coaches can watch HS players? Could this have been a Giles trip?
Thought Autry was the one with connections to Giles.

Uh oh. Is Charlotte looking for a coach again?

When asked about BJ Johnson, Hop told him that it would cost tree-fiddy. Just then, my friend realized that this was not Coach Hopkins. This was, in fact, a 9ft tall leftover from the paleozoic era. This was that damn loch ness monster.
I bet it was that damn Sasquatch!

That's funny.

A family friend who goes to Elon said that he saw Coach Hopkins the other day. I totally didn't believe him at first as the season is just starting and I assumed Hop would have to be at practices.

Anyway he said he asked Hop a few Syracuse related questions (he grow up a huge SU fan). Hop told him that the guards are going to surprise people this year. Kaleb may not be Tyler Ennis with ball protection, but he is like a "firecracker" (Hop's words) and will bring back the patented SU fast-break mentality. Which is a nice fit with our young, athletic wings.

Hop also told him that Rak is this year's team leader. He has really worked hard on his offensive game over the summer. And is even hitting that short little jumper with consistency.

I want to punch you in the face right now.

I wonder if Xmas has really taken that next step to become a leader? As we all know, he was very shy and introverted when he started out. It would be quite a change for him! I can't wait to see it on Nov. 2.

I wonder if Xmas has really taken that next step to become a leader? As we all know, he was very shy and introverted when he started out. It would be quite a change for him! I can't wait to see it on Nov. 2.
Well, Trevor will have his back so that should help.