Coach K Retiring | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Coach K Retiring

This is a giant of the game. The game will be diminished by him leaving. I would wish him Godspeed, would love a final SU victory in the last meeting between he and JB. Anything short of a raucous standing ovation, heartfelt congratulations on a great job and career, and a thank you for making us raise our game to compete against his teams and him would be a shame. I hope he has a long, happy and healthy retirement. He has earned my respect and I hope everyone else's as well.
If only we were allowed to “raise our game” to Coach K levels.

The conference is at a crossroads with leading programs at a crossroads. A lot of programs have a chance to be the next Duke if they have the right guy. Post K Duke is in for a reality check.
It’s hard, because a school like UK just hires the biggest cheater out there, it’s expected. Duke, on the other hand, likes to maintain a squeaky clean image while outcheating everyone. So, will the NCAA continue to look the other way if/when Scheyer(face) uses the same tactics as K?

I bet it will be some kind of plaque that includes a piece of the old dome roof and maybe the floor.

I think K's gift should be some sort of theater of the absurd.

Bring a comically large Tiffany's box out ostensibly containing an ice-laden blingy necklace. When the box is opened, it's revealed to be empty. JB will grab the mic at midcourt and whine about how the necklace was stolen, "God Bless America, etc." Then Tony Greene emerges saying it was definitely purchased as he went to the monitor to review credit card statements and the charge was clearly made to one C. J. Fair. Act III concludes when John Gillon emerges from a darkened lockerroom wearing the bling and JB's mustard-man jacket and appears like he's going to take it off and hand it to K when instead he turns around and tosses it through the hoop at half court. The fans rush the floor and K is carried off and never to be seen again.

I have heard through a couple avenues that Duke’s Coach K will announce his retirement this summer. Not sure if it means that he is announcing a succession plan to step down in a couple of years or if this year will be his last though. Anyone else heard anything similar?
Wish I was connected with potential recruits. This is my first (and probably last) breaking news I can provide. You’re welcome

College basketball: so s----y that even Coach K and Roy Williams don't want to be paid tens of millions of dollars to watch it!

There's the new March Madness tagline.
They have had enough kissing 16 yo rears only to.have them go to the gleague. Can't say I blame them.

This is a giant of the game. The game will be diminished by him leaving. I would wish him Godspeed, would love a final SU victory in the last meeting between he and JB. Anything short of a raucous standing ovation, heartfelt congratulations on a great job and career, and a thank you for making us raise our game to compete against his teams and him would be a shame. I hope he has a long, happy and healthy retirement. He has earned my respect and I hope everyone else's as well.
Very well said!

That's the best picture they could find? I know he's a bit geeky, but sheesh. He looks as if he's choking on something.
unavailable...it must have been good :p
1622675863584.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom