Cobra Kai | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Cobra Kai

Maybe, and I don't say this lately, but maybe the best episodes back-to-back of any TV series. Ever.
didn't respond right away cuz I wanted to ponder this...think you're right. The. Best. Ever.

What it brought it over the top for me was thinking about how they worked in the "Rocky Balboa" part, talk about knowing your target audience! I mean the Karate Kid AND Rocky in the same videosphere!
What the hell, LOL

Last edited:
3 episodes in to season 5 and it’s not grabbing me yet. Everyone else seems to like it, so maybe I’ll get into it soon? Or maybe I’ll take a break and come back to it down the road.

Felt the same way. Honestly so much of it is completely ridiculous. But, stay with it, it'll bring you back.

didn't respond right away cuz I wanted to ponder this...think you're right. The. Best. Ever.

What it brought it over the top for me was thinking about how they worked in the "Rocky Balboa" part, talk about knowing your target audience! I mean the Karate Kid AND Rocky in the same videosphere! LOL

Sopranos, Mad Men?

Sopranos, Mad Men?
definitely not sopranos, hit too close to home for me with my families history especially with the over the top stereotypical depiction of Italian Americans...so watched but never embraced it as saw some of that world first hand, was a big reason my old man moved to the Cuse to get away from that world in NY when he went 180 degrees opposite into the law enforcement side up here away from it all down there.

Shocker alert...never watched Mad Men not once. On the list to do so if life ever calms down. The only one close for me was GOT.

Last edited:
Silver was arrested for what he did to Stingray.

What did he do that warranted being arrested? Stingray consented to getting beaten up by Silver to get back into Cobra Kai, so it wasn't like Silver committed assault.

Stingray was also the one who lied to the authorities to implicate Kreese, so why wouldn't HE be arrested?

What did he do that warranted being arrested? Stingray consented to getting beaten up by Silver to get back into Cobra Kai, so it wasn't like Silver committed assault.

Stingray was also the one who lied to the authorities to implicate Kreese, so why wouldn't HE be arrested?
You're way overthinking this.

Silver went to jail because he's bad.

Nobody else got in trouble because they're good.

That's it.

It’s all right there in the dialogue. Stingray explains why he’s changing his story and later the cop says Stingray’s new testimony will keep Silver’s lawyers busy.

Also, Stingray consented to Silver’s plan after Silver beat him up.

I think the season has been out enough that we no longer need to hide spoilers, so be warned if you haven't finished it yet...

There is a small problem with the kids: there's no villians left for them to fight. Just the original bully who's never won a fight and the Penis Breath kid who isn't much of a threat either. No evil girls at all.

Either need to introduce a whole new lineup of Tournament opponents or split the existing group up again.

There is a small problem with the kids: there's no villians left for them to fight. Just the original bully who's never won a fight and the Penis Breath kid who isn't much of a threat either. No evil girls at all.

Either need to introduce a whole new lineup of Tournament opponents or split the existing group up again.
I'm really not worried about them finding villains. Somebody emerges.

How many times can they do that again? They should have ended the series after this season, it felt completed.

How many times can they do that again? They should have ended the series after this season, it felt completed.
I could see up to two more seasons, with Kreese’s redemption being the final hurdle. Season 6 would focus on the international tournament, with Miyagi-Fang finishing ahead of Cobra Kai, if not winning the whole thing. Master Kim would then give up on Cobra Kai (perhaps after Julie Pierce kicks her ass).

That would leave an opening for Kreese to reclaim Cobra Kai in Season 7. At the very least, Tory could return to a Kreese-led Cobra Kai. Others would likely follow her. However, Kreese’s ultimate goal is to run the dojo with Johnny, and that’s how I think this series ends.

They’ve spent too much time on Kreese’s background to not give him an eventual face turn. And the series is about Johnny, first and foremost. Yes, it became more Daniel-centric the last couple of seasons, because he had the more direct connection to Terry Silver. With Silver out of the way (at least for now), the story can shift back to Johnny.

I could even see Daniel retiring from karate, leaving all the remaining students to find a home with Kreese and Johnny at Cobra Kai.

(This could also be done in one - albeit rushed - season.)

Next season - everyone has to band together to fight Zombie Mr Miyagi.

Past characters don't always come back as expected, or change after being around for a while. Some out of the box swerves:
  • Julie Pierce comes back as a villain. Maybe resentment over Daniel being Miyagi's #1?
  • Chozen unites with the Tang Soo Do instructor (they might have hinted at a past) and reveals his master plan to get revenge on Daniel.
  • Mike Barnes unites with the Tang Soo Do instructor for the tournament. He does have an ownership stake in Cobra Kai from his KK III deal.
  • Dutch returns. I don't care how they do it, but they need to get the actor on board.
  • I'd like to see Vidal return too. He was the non-Cobra Kai "good" fighter in the original tournament. A legit martial artist who was Miyagi's stunt double for his fight scenes.

Last edited:
Past characters don't always come back as expected, or change after being around for a while. Some out of the box swerves:
  • Julie Pierce comes back as a villain. Maybe resentment over Daniel being Miyagi's #1?
  • Chozen unites with the Tang Soo Do instructor (they might have hinted at a past) and reveals is master plan to get revenge on Daniel.
  • Mike Barnes unites with the Tang Soo Do instructor for the tournament. He does have an ownership stake in Cobra Kai from his KK III deal.
  • Dutch returns. I don't care how they do it, but they need to get the actor on board.
  • I'd like to see Vidal return too. He was the non-Cobra Kai "good" fighter in the original tournament. A legit martial artist who was Miyagi's stunt double for his fight scenes.

Interesting suggestions. Sounds like attempts were made to get this actor pulled into Cobra Kai, but he's doing other stuff and isn't interested in acting anymore:

• Chozen unites with the Tang Soo Do instructor (they might have hinted at a past) and reveals his master plan to get revenge on Daniel.

Chozen with the Tang Soo Do lady? No, they seemed to hint at her having a crush on Kreese from childhood. She also asked about him when she first arrived to help Cobra Kai and was disappointed he wasn’t around. I think those two certainly team up. Question is: who are their students? Seems Kreese will have to re-recruit them, but with his name being cleared by Stingray, the door is open. I’m sure they won’t throw up too many roadblocks for him escaping from County or wherever he was. Could easily get Councilperson Roberts to pardon him.

Six seasons is enough.
Hopefully it ends with LaRusso driving his new car off a cliff or dying in a shark attack and Johnny becoming the most popular sensei in the Valley.

Given that they've already exhausted all movie-related tie-backs, and coaxed the story to positive resolutions for all characters, I'm surprised that they are having a 6th season.

That said, let's run this back! Cobra Kai never dies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom