Coincidence? I think not. | Syracusefan.com

Coincidence? I think not.

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
So we started off strong. Then coach serves his suspension and we go in the tank.

then he comes back...but there are a bunch of games in short order...and likely practice time / practice quality is limited.

so we finally get some extended practice time...and what happens..we play our best game since the Bahamas and pummel FSU.

what did this game have in common with that one? we had a over a week between games...lots of time for practice and rest.

and we played our strongest game since FSU.

So we started off strong. Then coach serves his suspension and we go in the tank.

then he comes back...but there are a bunch of games in short order...and likely practice time / practice quality is limited.

so we finally get some extended practice time...and what happens..we play our best game since the Bahamas and pummel FSU.

what did this game have in common with that one? we had a over a week between games...lots of time for practice and rest.

and we played our strongest game since FSU.

Recovery of the nervous and endocrine (adrenal glands) systems cannot go understated.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend, an ESPN guy, and I were discussing the significance of yesterday all around, but particularly the potential impact of the MSU game on SU, near and long term. First, that loss by MSU, which now puts the mighty Tom Izzo in the 15 over a 2 Club, will almost certainly ensure that the Richmond game is rarely mentioned again. Pundits are already saying this could be the greatest upset in NCAA history. Further, MSU just did for SU what typically happened for UConn...they opened up our half of the bracket as wide as Moses opened the Red Sea. If we play the way we are capable of playing there is no reason we can't be preparing for a shot at the FF vs UVA a week from now.

We control our destiny right now. You just gotta believe.

. Pundits are already saying this could be the greatest upset in NCAA history.

I guess in terms of the Vegas favorite going down in round 1, it is. However back when we lost to Richmond, Arizona lost to Santa Clara, etc...I think those were bigger upsets. Back then, the top teams were better than they are now and the weaker teams were worse than they are now. There was a much bigger gap. Things are more balanced now and while I'm surprised when upsets like this happen, I'm not shocked. Regardless of who was the Vegas favorite, everyone knew it was completely wide open this year and that none of the top teams were that great...which is how it usually is now. Which is why we get things happening like scrubby .500 UConn teams winning it all against mid major Butler teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom