Cole Swider signs with Heat | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider signs with Heat

Klay is a top five shooter and pre-injury was an awesome on the ball defender.

They aren't even remotely close. I mean, they aren't even in the same universe.

SL is 75% of guys that will never play in the NBA. It isn't close to the NBA. Root for Cole, but let's keep some semblance of reality.
Klay is also a ridiculous athlete

Klay is a top five shooter and pre-injury was an awesome on the ball defender.

They aren't even remotely close. I mean, they aren't even in the same universe.

SL is 75% of guys that will never play in the NBA. It isn't close to the NBA. Root for Cole, but let's keep some semblance of reality.

These are all good points...however, to counter those points...

I’m a Syracuse alum and Cole Swider played for their basketball team for a year.

I wish that Swider WAS back, given the utter lack of experience at Forward we're facing this year.

But I think Cole played this NBA system about as well as possible, and played over the summer league as well as he possibly could have -- which put him in a position to get an NBA contract.

Kudos to him for maximizing the opportunity, and having the courage to bet on himself. His belief was warranted.

I wish that Swider WAS back, given the utter lack of experience at Forward we're facing this year.

But I think Cole played this NBA system about as well as possible, and played over the summer league as well as he possibly could have -- which put him in a position to get an NBA contract.

Kudos to him for maximizing the opportunity, and having the courage to bet on himself. His belief was warranted.
Cole would have killed it this year.

Kudos to JB for letting Cole do what was best for him and not SU basketball.
There's a reason JB is inevitable. Players smell honesty and love to play for a coach who looks out for their players. JB did the right thing not pressuring his players in a situation where he probably knew that swider was prepared to move on.

Bravo

There's a reason JB is inevitable. Players smell honesty and love to play for a coach who looks out for their players. JB did the right thing not pressuring his players in a situation where he probably knew that swider was prepared to move on.

Bravo
I don't think you pressure him. You lay out scenarios and let him make a decision. "I think we'll be this good if you decide to come back. If you go, this is what your pro prospects look like."

"it would be nice if you came back, but you probably aren't going to improve
your draft stock", not necessarily, "we NEED you to come back." even if showing
a 22ppg, 8rpg season, shooting 45%, his overall profile would still be the same.

Unbelievable. Dasher said JB never really pushed for Cole to return, and now we find out this.

Did you listen to the podcast?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom