Colgate 23-24 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate 23-24

toothpaste.jpg

I would presume we’re not going to play a bad zone with a bunch of slow guys, so I think we’ll handle them. They lost to every other high Major they played the last 2 years. Auburn beat them by 30. Texas by 20. 2 years ago, St. John’s by 20, and Pitt and NC State both beat them.

We had mid major athleticism, which played into their hands. Not anymore.

I would presume we’re not going to play a bad zone with a bunch of slow guys, so I think we’ll handle them. They lost to every other high Major they played the last 2 years. Auburn beat them by 30. Texas by 20. 2 years ago, St. John’s by 20, and Pitt and NC State both beat them.

We had mid major athleticism, which played into their hands. Not anymore.

I look forward to a 25 pt lead at half with Gate under 20

It's like when Marrone was told that the #1 priority was to BEAT RUTGERS!

Beating Colgate shouldn't be a priority, it should be automatic.

Just like beating Rutgers was 20 some odd years ago...sigh

That's why beating Rutgers was a Marrone priority.

Losing to Gate was the eye opener for me. I realized that we had deteriorated to a point as a program that we were simply going to at best tread water as a program until Jim retired.

Losing to Gate was the eye opener for me. I realized that we had deteriorated to a point as a program that we were simply going to at best tread water as a program until Jim retired.

The first loss was bad but I thought oh well, the guys didn't take the game seriously. We've had a couple of close ones in the past and we were due.
The second loss was a 'holy sheet, this is really bad' moment for me. The decline was obvious through the sanctions and 'dad coaching' years but Colgate hammered home that there was no coming back for JAB.

The first loss was bad but I thought oh well, the guys didn't take the game seriously. We've had a couple of close ones in the past and we were due.
The second loss was a 'holy sheet, this is really bad' moment for me. The decline was obvious through the sanctions and 'dad coaching' years but Colgate hammered home that there was no coming back for JAB.
Don't you think the Orange would have handled them easily if it was latter in the schedule? Whoever scheduled that game that early in the season is not smart.

Don't you think the Orange would have handled them easily if it was latter in the schedule? Whoever scheduled that game that early in the season is not smart.
No. I think it was a reflection of how far we had fallen along with how ineffective the zone had become. We were still letting teams shoot from deep at the end of the season.

If you think us taunting Colgate is low wait until you hear they beat us 2 years in a row.
Don't taunt anyone, act like you know you are the Alpha. Alpha's don't need to taunt. Be an Alpha.

No. I think it was a reflection of how far we had fallen along with how ineffective the zone had become. We were still letting teams shoot from deep at the end of the season.
Colgate has the best coach they have ever had, at least in recent memory. They had one of the best players they've ever had with a strong supporting roster and they are on their best run as a program pretty much forever, I think they lost 1 game in the Patriot last year, and they've made the NCAAT the last 3 years. That's not the kind of team you schedule with a freshmen roster early in the season.

Colgate has the best coach they have ever had, at least in recent memory. They had one of the best players they've ever had with a strong supporting roster and they are on their best run as a program pretty much forever, I think they lost 1 game in the Patriot last year, and they've made the NCAAT the last 3 years. That's not the kind of team you schedule with a freshmen roster early in the season.
Shouldn't matter. Its SU vs Gate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom