Colgate Postgame Thoughts | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate Postgame Thoughts

game threads are fun and i don't understand people who want them to be calm and proper
It's so weird how people want some Pollyanna standard on real time reactions to a game. I just ignore it. Live and let live folks.

That game was not going well, at all. Glad Red changed up the D, calmed down the O and the kids responded.

I never understood the people who get upset about what was said in the game threads. We are reacting to exactly what we are currently seeing on the floor/field etc. These are some long-winded thought-out posts they are just off-the-fly remarks made in the moment. I never take anything in the game threads seriously.
I felt the posts were much more personal against the players, and not really constructive about what was being done wrong in the game. A lot of player name calling and things like that. Half the board wanted Red gone or fired after 1 year. That is just ridiculous. Those were the type of posts that bothered me. No one was really saying anything constructive. At the same time I was texting with some really big fans, and everything they were saying made sense. I just don't like the ugly talk about individual players.

Benny with no kind of game. Get to the rim, young man. Get into the lane and use that turnaround. Don't stand outside and have 3 of your 4 shots be misses from three.
Agree but I cut him slack tonight. His first game back, he was pressing. I have no idea how much practice time he had during suspension.

Took us way too long to do it but you could see how much our length and athleticism overwhelmed Colgate. They went from poised to throwing the ball all over the place. Amazing resilience after the deficit went back to 8 with about 3 and a half to go that we didn’t run out of steam.

I thought that Bell obviously played well, moving inside the line and shooting 3-5 from INSIDE the arc. Nice job. Starling with a nice game. Mintz with a strong close to the 2nd half, too much to be unhappy with earlier in the game.

Maliq Brown with a solid but not exceptional game. Cuffe disappointed a bit.

Copeland was too careless. I wish he would stop shooting 3's before he makes a couple baskets inside. Then he will have earned the chance to shoot ONE, but not back-to-back to open your time on the floor. It was back-to-back turnovers.

Benny sucked, Play inside until you have a couple baskets and a couple rebounds, then try a 3. He was useless today.

We lose this game last year. This is--if nothing else--progress.
I agree, but only because when the game got closer, we would have taken the pressure off and reverted to half court zone.

I felt the posts were much more personal against the players, and not really constructive about what was being done wrong in the game. A lot of player name calling and things like that. Half the board wanted Red gone or fired after 1 year. That is just ridiculous. Those were the type of posts that bothered me. No one was really saying anything constructive. At the same time I was texting with some really big fans, and everything they were saying made sense. I just don't like the ugly talk about individual players.
I may or may not have questioned why McLeod was playing. I take everyone's comments with a grain of salt.

Very fun game to be at (given the outcome). Crowd was rocking late in the 2nd half. Yes we shouldn’t be in that position and yes it was Colgate but that was a very, very important win. For team morale, for our record considering upcoming schedule, and honestly, especially for Red. Really great comeback win.

Only Chris Bell and Justin Taylor should have the green light to shoot 3’s. We are not a jump shooting team. Syracuse needs a post presence badly.

Last edited:
2nd half was fun but team still has some glaring flaws. Hopefully they’re working on that as the season goes on
Pretty sure they will identify flaws and ignore them as the season moves forward.

Only Chris Bell and Justin Taylor should have the green light to shoot 3’s. We are not a jump shooting team. Syracuse needs a post presence badly. We haven’t had one since Rakeem Christmas unless I’m missing somebody.
Jesse had a pretty solid post game as an upperclassman. And Tyler Lydon was fairly solid also, more so his frosh year if I remember correctly.

But 100% agree with your point.

It's so weird how people want some Pollyanna standard on real time reactions to a game. I just ignore it. Live and let live folks.

That game was not going well, at all. Glad Red changed up the D, calmed down the O and the kids responded.
I'm glad that Colgate changed up their D, also. From zone to man.

We should have played Carey for his energy and enthusiasm. McLeod was horrible.
Carey may have a minor injury. Never took off the warmup pants today and looked like he was moving gingerly in shooting drills

There are a bunch of sophomores in positions as leaders the first time ever and a junior who still hasn't grown up in Benny. Add Cuffe who is essentially playing out his freshman year. These kids are learning with Red and got their teeth knocked in. They then as a group came roaring back. It's a well coached opponent and a confident one. More confident than maybe even the past two years. 49-29 in the second half.

Results matter more than style points. Red's first gut check and he got these boys to get it done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom