Colgate predictions | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Colgate predictions

Biggest loss was probably there TE. Not sure I follow the conservative comment? In what way? I know at Navy last year they kicked a FG on the opening drive from the 1 which seems conservative but at the end of the year with a woeful FG unit they seemed to go for it a lot on 4th down. They seem to trust their QB who isn't the kid from Nova but I think will be in his 3rd year starting.

They're a ball-control between the tackles type of offense, more conservative than that Maine team that stayed in the game with all sorts of offensive tricks.

The quarterback could be a wild-card - he runs a bit. That'll be a nice training wheels situation for our new ends. If we contain the quarterback, cool - we're going to win by a ton. If we don't, we'll win by less and we'll have reason to be concerned about our line against good teams.

There's pretty much nothing worse than losing to FCS. It's one thing that even GRob managed to avoid.

Having said that, Washington State lost to one to open last season. Ended up 9-4 with 2 close losses to ranked teams.

You can overcome it, but let's just not let it happen.

38-17 SU. We pull away in the 2nd half.

Then we beat Louisville.

2016 Hyundai Sun Bowl
Syracuse vs. Washington St.

airraid.gif

There's pretty much nothing worse than losing to FCS. It's one thing that even GRob managed to avoid.

Yep, only time he faced one was 2008 vs. Northeastern winning 30-21 after having started the year 0-3. That must have been an electric day in the Dome.

Yep, only time he faced one was 2008 vs. Northeastern winning 30-21 after having started the year 0-3. That must have been an electric day in the Dome.

Wasn't it always an electric day in the Dome when Grob was coaching? That game was on the heels of the infamous Akron blowout loss and the blowout loss to Penn State on The Express movie premiere weekend. I really wish that movie came out a year later, at least the first Marrone team played hard and was competitive.

Prediction:

Steve Kroft 48
Bob Woodruff 17

Wasn't it always an electric day in the Dome when Grob was coaching?

I can only think of three instances in GRob's four years where the Dome truly had energy.

-His first game against West Virginia
-The following year against Iowa
-And against Penn State in 2008 (but unfortunately the energy was from their fans who took up half the Dome)

Bill Parcells 20
Tom Coughlin 30

I can only think of three instances in GRob's four years where the Dome truly had energy.

-His first game against West Virginia
-The following year against Iowa
-And against Penn State in 2008 (but unfortunately the energy was from their fans who took up half the Dome)

Year 3, Friday night opener against Washington. Dome was rockin until we got our asses beat down right after halftime. That was the game I decided I couldn't support him anymore. That was also the year of the blaze orange jumpsuits and the Dome 'walk'. What a trifecta of horse spit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom