College Football Countdown | No. 75: Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

College Football Countdown | No. 75: Syracuse

Not a bad write up that shows the writer did some research on the team. However he laid a big fat egg on his list of top 5 SU grads currently in sports broadcasting that did not include; Bob Costas, Sean McDonough, and Dick Stockton yet had Greg Papa and Gary Apple on it! I've heard of Papa, not Apple, but like him or not how does this guy not include Bob Costas? And how does he rate Ian Eagle ahead of Marv Albert? Personally I'd include Dave Pasch, Andrew Siciliano, Dave Ryan and Jon Stashower before Papa and Apple.

The "Dream Season" seems more realistic than the writer claims. The writer overestimates Louisville, ND and Duke, which we take one or two of. However, I give him credit for the overall analysis and the fact that he expects another bowl appearance, shows writers are noticing that Syracuse is not the pushover of the GRob era.

Number 75 is ridiculously low. Going 6-6 in the ACC is worth no worse than being in 40s some place. This ranking is obnoxious and he's completely wrong about the 3 guys that are t to be feared in the secondary. All 3 are very good players and 2 of them might play in the NFL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom