Comedies | Syracusefan.com

Comedies

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Watching Caddyshack tonight and thought Chevy Chase and Rodney Danderfield are probably two of my all-time favorite comedic actors, if not my favorite.

With that lead in who is your favorite Comedic Actor of all-time and what is your favorite comedic movie?

I'm going to lead with Chevy Chase and Caddyshack......although he probably should have retired after Not Another Not Another Movie

My favorite comedies (born in 1990):

- Dumb and Dumber
- Superbad
- School of Rock (is this a comedy?)
- American Pie 1/2/Wedding
- 40 year old Virgin
- This is the End

Born...well, earlier than most of you. :D

In no particular order:

Blazing Saddles
The In-Laws (the original with Alan Arkin and Peter Falk). If you've never seen it, do yourself a favor.
Animal House
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Airplane
Stripes
Dr. Strangelove
Superbad
Best in Show

Special stupid entry: Kentucky Fried Movie

In no particular order:

Blazing Saddles
The In-Laws (the original with Alan Arkin and Peter Falk). If you've never seen it, do yourself a favor.
Animal House
Airplane
Stripes
Dr. Strangelove
Superbad
Best in Show

Stripes is a classic, went to basic training at Ft Knox in 1983 where they had filmed the movie a year or so prior and my Drill Sergeant looked and acted just like Sgt Hulka.

Stripes is a classic, went to basic training at Ft Knox in 1983 where they had filmed the movie a year or so prior and my Drill Sergeant looked and acted just like Sgt Hulka.
Our big toe!

Supertroopers
Home alone 1 and 2
Dumb and dumber OG and prequel
Pineapple Express
Anchorman
This is the end

I’ll have to look more closely later.

Shakes the Clown is somewhere on my lengthy list. On Prime currently.

In no particular order:

Blazing Saddles
Animal House
Airplane
Stripes
Dr. Strangelove
Superbad
Best in Show

Great list. Was going to mention Best in Show, doesn't get the credit it deserves. It's so funny.

And I remember Kentucky Fried Movie, it was so random and dumb, but as a kid I used to rent it all the time (could have been the boob scene).

Couple others, some are a step down from the ones you listed, as well as the others in this thread.

A Fish Called Wanda
Raising Arizona
Fletch
Trading Places
Napoleon Dynamite
Coming to America
Revenge of the Nerds
Slap Shot
Naked Gun
South Park Bigger, Longer, Uncut (special bonus, it's a musical!)

Probably have to go Eddie Murphy or Bill Murray as favorite comedic actor.

Last edited:
1980s:
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Breakfast Club
Lampoons Vacation
Fletch
Gung Ho

1990s:
Grumpy Old Men
Clerks
Dumb and Dumber
Tommy Boy
There's Something About Mary

2000s:
In Bruges
Step Brothers
Old School
Hangover
The 40 year old Virgin

2010s...just not a lot there

Favorite comedic actor, Chevy Chase in the 80s as well as Steve Martin. Billy Murray as well, one of his obscure movies is my favorite of his, I have no idea why (The Man Who Knew Too Little)

1980s:
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Breakfast Club
Lampoons Vacation
Fletch
Gung Ho

1990s:
Grumpy Old Men
Clerks
Dumb and Dumber
Tommy Boy
There's Something About Mary

2000s:
In Bruges
Step Brothers
Old School
Hangover
The 40 year old Virgin

2010s...just not a lot there

Favorite comedic actor, Chevy Chase in the 80s as well as Steve Martin. Billy Murray as well, one of his obscure movies is my favorite of his, I have no idea why (The Man Who Knew Too Little)
Some amazing comedies between 2000-2008.

Great list. Was going to mention Best in Show, doesn't get the credit it deserves. It's so funny.

And I remember Kentucky Fried Movie, it was so random and dumb, but as a kid I used to rent it all the time (could have been the boob scene).

Couple others, some are a step down from the ones you listed, as well as the others in this thread.

A Fish Called Wanda
Raising Arizona
Fletch
Trading Places
Napoleon Dynamite
Coming to America
Revenge of the Nerds
Slap Shot
Naked Gun
South Park Bigger, Longer, Uncut (special bonus, it's a musical!)

Probably have to go Eddie Murphy or Bill Murray as favorite comedic actor.
That's a pretty good list. I guess no one here is an Adam Sandler fan. I can't say I love all his movies but definitely, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, Just Go With It and Anger Management. Also, just got an email this morning that he will be performing at Turning Stone.

adam-sandler-syracuse-university-99d0cce7060fde6b.jpg

In no particular order:

Blazing Saddles
Animal House
Airplane
Stripes
Dr. Strangelove
Superbad
Best in Show

How about Blues Brothers? Fan, or not a fan? Definitely some great scenes in it with some great actors and musicians.

Midnight Run and Planes Trains and Automobiles for me.

Stripes first half is great - second half not so great.

Bringing Up Baby (1939!)
The Breakfast Club
Annie Hall
Superbad
Vacation
Wedding Crashers
When Harry Met Sally

Some of these, not sure if they would be classified as "comedies," but they're definitely 'comedic':
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Philadelphia Story
The Big Lebowski
Fargo

favorite 'comedic' actors: Cary Grant. Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy, Diane Keaton, Will Ferrell, Kathryn Hahn, Meg Ryan, Katherine Hepburn, Seth Rogen.

Bringing Up Baby (1939!)
The Breakfast Club
Annie Hall
Superbad
Vacation
Wedding Crashers
When Harry Met Sally

Some of these, not sure if they would be classified as "comedies," but they're definitely 'comedic':
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Philadelphia Story
The Big Lebowski
Fargo

favorite 'comedic' actors: Cary Grant. Bill Murray, Eddie Murphy, Diane Keaton, Will Ferrell, Kathryn Hahn, Meg Ryan, Katherine Hepburn, Seth Rogen.
I could watch a Cary Grant movie any time. And Diane Keaton as well. Besides Philadelphia Story, other Cary Grant movies that would stop the remote for me are His Gitl Friday, Bringing Up Baby and Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer.

That's a pretty good list. I guess no one here is an Adam Sandler fan. I can't say I love all his movies but definitely, Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, Just Go With It and Anger Management. Also, just got an email this morning that he will be performing at Turning Stone.

Anger Management is an underrated comedy imho.

I could watch a Cary Grant movie any time. And Diane Keaton as well. Besides Philadelphia Story, other Cary Grant movies that would stop the remote for me are His Gitl Friday, Bringing Up Baby and Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer.
Yeah, I think I’ve seen every Cary Grant film available. About the only one I don’t like is Gunga Din.

I absolutely love To Catch a Thief. I watch that a few times a year, whenever I need to recharge my grace. That and Charade. Ooof. Love that stuff.

You‘ve seen Houseboat and Father Goose? What about Mr Lucky?

Yeah, I think I’ve seen every Cary Grant film available. About the only one I don’t like is Gunga Din.

I absolutely love To Catch a Thief. I watch that a few times a year, whenever I need to recharge my grace. That and Charade. Ooof. Love that stuff.

You‘ve seen Houseboat and Father Goose? What about Mr Lucky?
Houseboat/Father Goose/Mr. Lucky. All great films. You have to love his beautiful leading ladies and how his normally gruff character interacts with them and ends up being a softy and marrying them at the end. Who didn't want to be Cary Grant and getting to have Sophia Loren and Leslie Caron fall in love with you. He always played opposite beautiful, strong female leading ladies.

I've only seen Gunga Din once. Didn't really know the story so watched it for the historical aspect. Never seen it being on TV since but have looked for it since.

50 First Dates is a guilty pleasure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom