Contrarian view | Syracusefan.com

Contrarian view

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
Perhaps we need more positive posts when we lose, and more negative posts when we win.

Things are never as bad as we make them out to be when we lose...we just cherry pick certain plays (that also happen when we win) and magnify them along with those who make them way too much. Too much blame.

Things are never as good as we make them out to be when we win...good plays mask bad ones and bad decisions that should be addressed. We are easy to forgive or overlook the bad, if the end result is good. There's always room to improve.

Anyway, just a thought.

Now, who the heck lost that game for us today??!! I'm pissed! :)

Agree. Only time it seems we can discuss actual basketball is when we lose.

Say, archidaidsaojdongdno's three point shot misses, and we win. Doesn't change the fact of what happened the last 3 minutes.

Over the last three games we could be 0-3, 3-0, 1-2, or 2-1. Close games like this are a result of many indivual plays over the course of a game.

That being said-- we blew it. No sugarcoating it :eek:.

And that face never, ever gets old.

I would call this a team loss (although MCW played his worst game of the year, IMO). We didn't execute when we had a small lead late in the game. That leads to losses, more often than not. Heck, we didn't execute offensively the entire game. And yet, the game was ours to lose (and, of course, we did). All we need to do is shoot 1% better from the field and we win. One more layup of the (seemingly) 20 we missed and we win. 75% from the FT line instead of 69% and we win. This was an ugly game that could have been won in any number of ways - and we did none of them. Just a total lack of execution.

There, you're 3000th "like".
All in with you brother.
We are still in great shape to win the regular season. All good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i say all-in too. nova was the opposite of complacent and we simply did what we did against temple which was beat ourselves vs taking the game. against cincy and the ville they went out and took those games vs the opposite today. Or maybe the ville gave us the other game call it what you will but this team chooses its own destiny. nova had an advantage in that they played us not long ago and also just played another zone team in the ville along with james still being out. that aside- if two of our key frontcourt guys dont foul out.. we win. now lets defy history and ruin the mood at the pete after they smoked temple today

Perhaps we need more positive posts when we lose, and more negative posts when we win.

Things are never as bad as we make them out to be when we lose...we just cherry pick certain plays (that also happen when we win) and magnify them along with those who make them way too much. Too much blame.

Things are never as good as we make them out to be when we win...good plays mask bad ones and bad decisions that should be addressed. We are easy to forgive or overlook the bad, if the end result is good. There's always room to improve.

Anyway, just a thought.

Now, who the heck lost that game for us today??!! I'm pissed! :)

We were one free throw away from winning the game today.
One free throw shouldn't make a season. I'm ok with it.
MCW please please make it next time!

How 'bout "Just win the f***ing national championship game!!!". Although that might be a bit long.
I like that better. Cut to the chase, and I love this teams chances.

A lot of people have said before that they would gladly sacrafice a victory in January for a better performance in March. While I hadn't prescribed to that train of thought I hope that is what we managed to do today. We gave MCW a chance to bring it home in regulation, and then gave Cooney real minutes in an over time game on the road. Both failed. Let's hope if the situation presents itself in March they can use this experience to bring about a different result.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom