Conundrum of the day | Syracusefan.com

Conundrum of the day

Who you taking in this matchup? This should cause some consternation among the Orange faithful.

UVM basketball to open season at Kentucky

Personally, I'd love to see UVM steal this one from Calipari, understanding how realistic this would be.

That is still one of my least favorite Syracuse games of all time, but now that Tom Brennan isn't on TV as much, my hatred of UVM has gone down a bit. I can't think of too many scenarios where I'm not rooting against Kentucky.

Definitely rooting for Vermont here.

It's not the 2017 Vermont team's fault that back in 2005 Hak had 10 turnovers in one game or Terrence Roberts for some reason decided to slap the backboard after a dunk or Boeheim allowed them to completely slow the game down to their pace.

That Vermont loss was all on us.
Indeed it was--though we shouldn't take everything away from Coppenrath and the other two kids that hit a lot of shots that night.

Hak's been one of my favorite SU players ever, so it took a long time for me to get over that loss. The cruel twist is that I'm a UVM alumnus. I was so p!ssed for such a long time. Just moronic. I'm definitely rooting for the Catamounts in this one. You'd have to give me one hell of a line, though, for me to put any money into it.

Of course Kentucky is the favorite but if ever Vermont would be capable of an upset it would be at the start of the season before those Kentucky freshmen develop chemistry and experience. Go Vermont! I give them a 10% chance.

I can't blame UVM for Wright and Wright.
We know two wrongs don't make a Wright but even with those two we probably would have still lost. We had a solid roster and couldn't win. Worst game I ever attended.

Indeed it was--though we shouldn't take everything away from Coppenrath and the other two kids that hit a lot of shots that night.

Hak's been one of my favorite SU players ever, so it took a long time for me to get over that loss. The cruel twist is that I'm a UVM alumnus. I was so p!ssed for such a long time. Just moronic. I'm definitely rooting for the Catamounts in this one. You'd have to give me one hell of a line, though, for me to put any money into it.
ranks right up there with spiders, minitemen and midshipmen.

We sat back, let them dictate the pace, and then waited for the obligatory "foreign dude" , and/or middling player ("Coppenrath, from the parking lot"!!), have a once-in-a-lifetime outing. I loved that team, but the loss was totally on them...and JB. :bang::vomit:

Ill never forget that Doppa Jila guy.:bang:

UK 91
UVM 68

I don't care if it's our own fault.

We sat back, let them dictate the pace, and then waited for the obligatory "foreign dude" , and/or middling player ("Coppenrath, from the parking lot"!!), have a once-in-a-lifetime outing. I loved that team, but the loss was totally on them...and JB. :bang::vomit:

It was Sorrentine from the parking lot.

Coppenrath retired from pro basketball in 2015 after playing overseas for 10 years. He was no joke.

It was Sorrentine from the parking lot.

Coppenrath retired from pro basketball in 2015 after playing overseas for 10 years. He was no joke.
True, my bad. I probably blanked it out, but I did remember Coppenrath cause he was the only decent player on that squad. Sorrentine, that lil' s*%t, and Dopa Jila, KILLED us that day. Inexplicable loss, IMO. :mad:

True, my bad. I probably blanked it out, but I did remember Coppenrath cause he was the only decent player on that squad. Sorrentine, that lil' s*%t, and Dopa Jila, KILLED us that day. Inexplicable loss, IMO. :mad:

Mopa Njila is quite chubby now. Not sure he even plays around here anymore. Def career day for him that day.

Uk will blow their doors off, still mad over the Vermont game, my worst su bball moment ever, but dont hate Vermont like I used to.
The Vermont game sucked but I can't even compare it to Butler. I wouldn't have a problem with UVM winning the game but I know that it won't happen and they are going to lose by over 20.

Definitely rooting for Vermont here.

It's not the 2017 Vermont team's fault that back in 2005 Hak had 10 turnovers in one game or Terrence Roberts for some reason decided to slap the backboard after a dunk or Boeheim allowed them to completely slow the game down to their pace.
While Hak had 10 TO's he also had like 24 and 12 if I remember right. I always blamed the pace we allowed the game to be played at and G-Mac for it. I remember him being 1 for like 8 or 10 from deep and I feel like he shot 20% for the game. He was absolutely terrible.