Cooney came to play today | Syracusefan.com

Cooney came to play today

Who did come to play? Rak, I guess - on the offensive half of the court.

Rak played soft D today. He was great on the offensive end as usual but in the second half with 1 foul he didn't contest shots like usual. Guess I can't blame him though.

Rak played soft D today. He was great on the offensive end as usual but in the second half with 1 foul he didn't contest shots like usual. Guess I can't blame him though.

Why can't you blame him? The interior D and defensive rebounding were embarrassing today.

Why can't you blame him? The interior D and defensive rebounding were embarrassing today.

I mean I can blame him for soft D but I can't blame him for the total lackluster effort on D down low.

Ron Hall in his jock all day doesn't help. I have a feeling he's going to draw similar defensive scheming the rest of the year.

Solid man to man defense w/o helping off on other guys...quite the scheme.

Solid man to man defense w/o helping off on other guys...quite the scheme.
It really helps when you don't have to guard two of our players at any time while we're on offense.

there are multiple game plans a team can use to beat us. we just saw one today. take out cooney and we are cooked.

Cooney has been playing great. He had a bad game. It happens. This faceguarding cooney is nothing new. Wfu faceguarded him.

He had several open looks early and threw up hideous bricks. As I stated in the game thread, if he misses his first couple shots, its over for him. He needs to not be such a front runner

He had several open looks early and threw up hideous bricks. As I stated in the game thread, if he misses his first couple shots, its over for him. He needs to not be such a front runner

haha he had basically no open looks, and the 'open' ones had to be rushed. I wouldn't classify any of them as bricks.

STEVEHOLT said:

A front runner? Lol.

Cooney has always struggled when he has an athletic guard glued to him he struggles to get open

Heres the numbers...

25, 17, 20,16,14,18,9,28,21
Thats 18.6 thats what cooney was averaging the last 9 games.
He put up 5 today oh freaking well. Guy is a Beast!

Unbelievable hes averaging 18.6 over the last 9 and still gets a post like this.

orangefan13 said:
Heres the numbers... 25, 17, 20,16,14,18,9,28,21 Thats 18.6 thats what cooney was averaging the last 9 games. He put up 5 today oh freaking well. Guy is a Beast! Unbelievable hes averaging 18.6 over the last 9 and still gets a post like this.

The problem is when he needs to score other ways because of how he is defended he cant. And he wont going forward if teams pay attention again

Heres the numbers...

25, 17, 20,16,14,18,9,28,21
Thats 18.6 thats what cooney was averaging the last 9 games.
He put up 5 today oh freaking well. Guy is a Beast!

Unbelievable hes averaging 18.6 over the last 9 and still gets a post like this.

Agreed, he's been good.

Unfortunately, going forward we will likely lose any game where he has 5. We're so limited.

Unfortunately, going forward we will likely lose any game where he has 5. We're so limited.

So maybe play the guys on the bench some more please, Jim? :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom