Could someone recap what was just on ESPN / The 'tape'? | Syracusefan.com

Could someone recap what was just on ESPN / The 'tape'?

Orange46R

Walk On
Sorry but I got three young kids can't put the tv on right now...way too much for me to try to explain to them right now! Thanks!

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7286347/otl-audio-tape-bernie-fine-wife-admits-worries-abuse

On the tape, Davis repeatedly asked Laurie Fine about what she knew of the alleged molestation.
"Do you think I'm the only one that he's ever done that to?" Davis asked.
"No . . . I think there might have been others but it was geared to . . . there was something about you," Laurie Fine said.
"Yeah, that's what I'm wondering," Davis said. "Like I'm wondering why I was like the worst one."
"I don't know," Fine said.
Laurie Fine and Davis also discussed what sexual acts Bernie Fine and Davis engaged in. In the discussion, Davis said Bernie Fine touched him inappropriately, but denied that they ever engaged in oral sex.
Later in the call, Fine tells Davis that she wanted to come to his defense but she just wasn't capable of it.
"Because I care about you, and I didn't want to see you being treated that way . . . ," Fine said.
"Yeah," said Davis.
" And, it's hard . . . " Fine said. "If it was another girl like I told you, it would be easy to step in because you know what you're up against. . . . (When) it's another guy, you can't compete with that. It's just wrong, and you were a kid. You're a man now, but you were a kid then."
At another point in the call, Fine says of her husband: "You know, he needs . . . that male companionship that I can't give him, nor is he interested in me, and vice versa."
During the phone call, Davis told Laurie Fine that when he was about 27 years old in the late 1990s, he asked her husband for $5,000 to help pay off his student loans.
"When he gave you the money, what does he want for that? He wants you to grab him or he wanted to do you?" she asked.
"He wanted to do me. He wanted me to touch him, too. He tried to make me touch him a couple of times. He'd grab my hand, and then I'd pull away, and then he'd put me in your bed, and then you know, put me down, and I'd try to go away, and he'd put his arm on top of my chest. He goes, 'If you want this money, you'll stay right here,' " Davis said.
"Right. Right . . . ," Laurie Fine said. "He just has a nasty attitude, because he didn't get his money, nor did he get what he wanted. He didn't get . . . "
Davis interrupted her at that point and said, "It's not about the money." To which Laurie Fine replied, "It's about the d---. I know that. So you're -- I'm just telling you for your own good, you're better off just staying away from him."
Later, Laurie Fine admitted to having a relationship with Davis. In the interview with ESPN, Davis said that occurred when he was 18 and a senior in high school. Davis said he told Bernie Fine about it, but Fine seemed unaffected. "I thought he was gonna kill me, but I had to tell him," Davis said in the interview with ESPN. "I felt so bad. I told him about it what was going on with me and Laurie and it didn't faze him one bit honestly."
On the call, Laurie Fine told Davis she'd already warned her husband that one day his alleged molestation of Davis might become public.
"I said to him, "Bobby and I talked, and I know some things about you that if you keep pushing are going to be let out."
Davis continued: "He doesn't think he can be touched . . . "
Laurie Fine: "No . . . he thinks he's above the law."

did they play the whole tape? looks like this is parts of it and just curious what else is said.

only thing worse would have been if boeheim was mentioned.

"You were just a kid" is the only age indicator. Could mean 18/19, highly doubt it, but age was never established in the tape, just alot of homosexual talk and it coming out that Laurie hooked up with him too.

I am not near a TV - so who had this tape and why did it take so long to come out?

Davis recorded a phone conversation between him and Fine's wife. I don't know why it took so long, though.

Could jimmy really be that bamboozled in all this.

While I prefer not to get too personal, I do have a past experience that relates to this. Years ago I was probably on the verge of having a substance abuse problem. i lived in a small Manhattan apartment with two roommates at the time. A few years ago I was hanging out with them long after we stopped living together and "confessed." Both said said they had no idea. These were, and continue to be, two good friends I lived with for over two years. Fortunately I was able to stop what I was doing on my own and never missed work or got in trouble over it.

In hindsight, there are signs, but I don't think our minds allow us to think the worst about people we care about. So yes, I believe it's possible JB is just as shocked as we are and probably more .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom