Cover your eyes.. | Syracusefan.com

Cover your eyes..

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
From evan daniels

I've had no less than 3 industry sources tell me in the past few days they think Nerlens Noel will end up at Georgetown. Tight race ahead.

The lesson here should be: nobody knows--even the people who do this for a living. Accordingly, people here shouldn't attach cosmic significance to every prediction that comes out about where Noel will end up, or work themselves up trying to search for hidden meaning in every sentence published about the kid.

The lesson here should be: nobody knows. Accordingly, people shouldn't attach cosmic significance to every prediction that comes out about where Noel will end up.

Why have we not heard anything saying sources have told us hes going to cuse

one of these days someone gots to post something positive on the cuse front for noel. its getting a little ridiculous.

either way who cares, we'll know soon enough.

Who cares? People saying things won't have any bearing on which school he picks on April 11th.

I honestly feel bad for the kid. There will be stupid idiots from the two losing fan bases than rail on him for making a choice about his own future. With everyone thinking they have a chance, it sets up as a no win situation in some respects. I don't think most are mature enough to handle defeat with class.

Uh oh, I feel an epic battle between the industry sources in the above post and from those in the below:

http://syracusefan.com/threads/noel-muhammad-and-bennett-probably-going-to-kentucky.24345/

John Calipari has his title now, and he did it with the "one-and-done" players that make his critics boil. And you know what happens next, right? Industry sources believe Calipari will probably land Class of 2012 stars Nerlens Noel, Shabazz Muhammad and Anthony Bennett to go with the other Class of 2012 stars he has already committed (Alex Poythress, Archie Goodwin, Willie Cauley). He'll then combine them with Kyle Wiltjer and N.C. State transfer Ryan Harrow and almost certainly have the nation's most talented team again next season, even though all the names and faces and eyebrows will be different. I realize that sounds crazy, but it's true.

But still, why?

Still, who cares? Why does it matter? We've seen reporters say that "insiders" believe he's going to Kentucky. Now, we see someone say that "insiders" have confirmed that he's going to Georgetown. They can't both be right. It is all speculation and guessing. Even if someone came out and said that SU was now the leader, would that trump the other reports? All three predictions can't be true--he can only pick one school.

I know you mean well with your posts but I'd strongly recommend spending some time looking for a girlfriend, or get a puppy, because life goes on with our without Noel. Yes, it'll be nice if he signs. If no, ok, we're back hoping for another run next year, too...

I dont put much stock in this but if he did pick gtown, thats a real kick in the nuts

I know you mean well with your posts but I'd strongly recommend spending some time looking for a girlfriend, or get a puppy, because life goes on with our without Noel. Yes, it'll be nice if he signs. If no, ok, we're back hoping for another run next year, too...

i have a girlfriend and i have a dog. And it would still be nice even if it does not mean anything for a report in our favor

I dont see Gtown being the school, theres zero chance of a National Championship for Noel if he goes to Gtown. As I posted in another thread when all is said and done I would be shocked if it wasnt Kentucky.

in a room of 100 "industry sources", 40 say Noel is a UK lock, 25 say Noel is a Gtown lock, 15 say Noel is leaning toward SU, and 20 keep sitting on their thumbs

DJC friends were intentionally leaking UK crumbs to string people along. This tweet and a dollar will buy you a sip of a latte.

I, for one, believe it is better for SU if he picks G'town over UK if he doesn't pick SU. Why? Because he will make G'town a good team, but not a great team. If he goes to UK, they will once again lay waste to everyone in the NCAAT. Our goal next year should be FF and NCAA championship, and as far as that goes, UK is a much bigger threat than G'town.

DJC friends were intentionally leaking UK crumbs to string people along. This tweet and a dollar will buy you a sip of a latte.

Exactly. There's not a more pathetic JOB than "recruiting insider".

No offense to the guys who do it on the board for fun.

I, for one, believe it is better for SU if he picks G'town over UK if he doesn't pick SU. Why? Because he will make G'town a good team, but not a great team. If he goes to UK, they will once again lay waste to everyone in the NCAAT. Our goal next year should be FF and NCAA championship, and as far as that goes, UK is a much bigger threat than G'town.

I may be in the minority, but I agree with this. I don't think Noel on his own makes G'Town a title contender. Plus, wouldn't it make next year's games against G'Town that much more interesting? I'm obviously not saying I want this to happen, but I would prefer G'Town over Kentucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom