Creed | Syracusefan.com

Creed

MiniCuse

All Conference
Went and saw this the other night. Pretty good flick. Stallone was fantastic. The story easily could have slipped into melodrama but does not. It's nostalgic when it should be.

Yeah I also thoroughly enjoyed it. Worthy of a supporting actor nomination.

I still can't believe that's Wallace from The Wire. Dude has matured like freaking crazy (as tends to happen, but also in terms of just getting absurdly ripped).

It's kind of amazing on the flipside, the guy he fought in the climax doesn't look at all like a boxer with his shirt of...he looks like some schlub off the street. But he's a real, legitimate boxer. Crazy.

Very good movie. I may have been tempted to start doing pushups and running sprints when the iconic Rocky theme kicked in during the final fight.

stallone has done a good job of winding down the rocky and rambo movies. last 2 rocky's were well done. the last rambo left it in a good place. it will be interesting to see if the next one continues that.

I don't know, like, Scott Stapp is really struggling it sounds... wait.

Oh, yeah, I want to see the new Rocky movie. I've heard it's really good.

stallone has done a good job of winding down the rocky and rambo movies. last 2 rocky's were well done. the last rambo left it in a good place. it will be interesting to see if the next one continues that.
Well, Stallone actually didn't have anything to do with this one other than acting in it. Ryan Coogler wrote and directed it and had to convince Stallone to appear in it.

Stallone is and forever will be an ass for not acknowledging that Rocky was based on Chuck Wepner.

Rocky's such a unique character because he has a life course story that reflects the times. Other iconic characters reboot and adapt to the times but each Rocky movie is like a time capsule. I just find that so unique. Pretty awesome stuff.

Great movie. This was the first movie since Rocky 1 where the setting of Philadelphia felt like a character itself. This one just felt like Philly. Nostalgia in the right doses with things like Apollo's trunks and Rocky going up the steps one more time. Those things really worked. The ring entrances were pretty crazy too. Extremely well done. Great performances by both Stallone and Jordan, and they had great chemistry together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom