Crowd-breakdown tomorrow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Crowd-breakdown tomorrow

Wow. Better than Albany in '03? Knew we had a good showing in Boston but didn't seem that overwhelming on TV.

No way. Albany was ridiculous...a sea of Orange everywhere you looked...Looked like a game at the dome.

SU definitely had the most fans in Boston last year but it was nowhere close to Albany.

for the ohio st game last year id say it was 70-30 orange. i was literally in the last row in the upper deck behind 1 of the baskets (my seats suuuuuucked) and i dont remember 1 buckeye fan in my section. upper deck was mostly orange. it was very quiet leaving the arena. had same seats for wisconsin game and had 2 wisky fans right next to me.

i think it will be 60-40 orange on thursday.

Marquette fans travel well and I expect all of them will be rooting for the Cuse. My son attends MU and they wildly boo Crean during the pregame video intro's. IU will have lots of fans wearing those ridiculous striped warm-up pants and overalls.

My guess for fans is 45% Cuse, 25% IU, 15% MU and 15% Miami.

IU is going to represent well, I think we edge them but that's it.

Remember, Georgetown season ticket holders are there too.

Will Miami bring that many? I always thought that Miami had trouble getting people to come to their home games. Never struck me as having a very avid basketball fan base.

IU is going to represent well, I think we edge them but that's it.

Remember, Georgetown season ticket holders are there too.

I'm fairly sure Georgetown season ticket holders don't get this included in their package. They may have been given some preference to buy these extra, but Georgetown was not in this bracket.

I don't think there will be any appreciable number of Georgetown fans there.

I'm fairly sure Georgetown season ticket holders don't get this included in their package. They may have been given some preference to buy these extra, but Georgetown was not in this bracket.

They get some sort of preference. I know enough that are going tomorrow. And DC is an events town. And they don't like us.

We'll see tomorrow.

Season ticket holders get first dibs on tickets. I'm sure Georgetown will be wearing Orange t-shirts and palm poms too

I'm concerned about the SU crowd. They did not sell out their allotment to donars to the program. They first sole to >$5000 and didn't sell their allotment. Then they sold what was left to all other donors at <$5000 and they again didn't sell out their allotment. They then sold to anyone else. I am sure they probably ended selling their allotment, but I was surprised it got to the point of having tickets available for anyone.

Maybe the folks who are on here begging for tickets should have tried SU first.

The upper deck was almost all Orange and the Cuse section on the bottom was behind the players. When I watched the replay on TV, the sections the TV would show were less orange than most of the building. But it was at least 75-25.

Ohio St had barely any more fans than their section behind their bench. 80-85% of the crowd were Cuse fans. Took over.

Sweet 16 game in Boston was more split up and I'd say we had a quarter to third of the crowd for that one (with neutrals and Wiscy having the same decent amount of fans as OSU.)

I think IU will travel well. Should be pretty even.

Season ticket holders get first dibs on tickets. I'm sure Georgetown will be wearing Orange t-shirts and palm poms too

I just watched Channel 3 cnycentral.com here in Syracuse sent reporters out to Georgetown fans at local shops and some at the Verizon center and asked if they would cheer for SU in the game vs. IU. Everyone said no, I thought it was hysterical.

i wasnt at albany... but i always heard that was like 90%

maybe im exaggerating with the 75%, but the crowd noticeably leaned our way.
People not dressed in orange at Albany we're afraid to open their mouths against the orange. It was the least 80 to 85 percent orange clad fans at Albany, especially in the championship game

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

They get some sort of preference. I know enough that are going tomorrow. And DC is an events town. And they don't like us.

We'll see tomorrow.

Yep, many of them bought early, not just because of the possibility of seeing G'Town, but because Regional Finals don't come to town every year. It's an event to go to for a sport they like.

That's how I landed my ticket. A Georgetown "donor" (one of the many SU fans who gave them $25 or so per year to secure SU tickets). He used his donor status to buy them awhile ago, he planned on going no matter who was there. But luckily for all of us...

I was at the auburn game in Albany in 2003 and it was like a home game. No exageration. I was also at Ohio state in Boston last year. Mostly orange, but OSU has a big fan base so they represented well. Probably 60-40 or 65-35. Upper deck was all orange but OSU had a lot of fans behind their bench.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom