Crowd-breakdown tomorrow | Syracusefan.com

Crowd-breakdown tomorrow

Eric15

Living Legend
I could be wrong, but I'm expecting a pretty equal amount of SU and Indiana fans at the game tomorrow, which begs the question, when was the last time there was an SU NCAA game where both us and our opponent had huge contingencies of fans represented in the arena?

Syracuse should have way more fans there. Especially considering the other teams' fans will be rooting for the 4 seed. not the 1 seed.

Syracuse should have way more fans there. Especially considering the other teams' fans will be rooting for the 4 seed. not the 1 seed.

I'm not expecting Marquette or Miami fans in large amounts. Cuse fans will be the clear majority, but there will definitely be a lot of IU fans around. #CantWait

I could be wrong, but I'm expecting a pretty equal amount of SU and Indiana fans at the game tomorrow, which begs the question, when was the last time there was an SU NCAA game where both us and our opponent had huge contingencies of fans represented in the arena?
Wasn't there but I imagine last year's SU/OSU game was pretty even.

I'm concerned about the SU crowd. They did not sell out their allotment to donars to the program. They first sole to >$5000 and didn't sell their allotment. Then they sold what was left to all other donors at <$5000 and they again didn't sell out their allotment. They then sold to anyone else. I am sure they probably ended selling their allotment, but I was surprised it got to the point of having tickets available for anyone.

I'm concerned about the SU crowd. They did not sell out their allotment to donars to the program. They first sole to >$5000 and didn't sell their allotment. Then they sold what was left to all other donors at <$5000 and they again didn't sell out their allotment. They then sold to anyone else. I am sure they probably ended selling their allotment, but I was surprised it got to the point of having tickets available for anyone.
Easter being this early destroys everything.

Attended last year's NCAA games in Boston. I'd say that there was a much larger contingent of SU fans [not surprisingly] than ohio state, but they definitely had solid numbers. Maybe 2/3 to 1/3 ratio.

I'd expect something similar in terms of SU fans to Indiana tomorrow. There will be other fans in the building, as well [unlike the SU / osu game, which was a regional semifinal].

Wow...I didn't even think to wait and see if SU would have tix available..I just assumed they would be all gone...just went straight to Stubhub...

pretty sure the same thing happened in boston last year.

Other teams' fans will not be rooting for SU as the underdog...both are blue-blood programs...

Miami fans won't care and I'm not sure about Marquette...they don't like SU but they don't like the Big Ten either...

it was not even close.

it was like 75-25 cuse at worst.
Wow. Better than Albany in '03? Knew we had a good showing in Boston but didn't seem that overwhelming on TV.

Other teams' fans will not be rooting for SU as the underdog...both are blue-blood programs...

Miami fans won't care and I'm not sure about Marquette...they don't like SU but they don't like the Big Ten either...

The loser's fans will probably be gone for our game and the winner's fans will definitely root for Cuse so they won't have to play Indiana, whom I imagine they will fear more than the Cuse.

I expect a clear home court advantage for the Orange

Wow. Better than Albany in '03? Knew we had a good showing in Boston but didn't seem that overwhelming on TV.

i wasnt at albany... but i always heard that was like 90%

maybe im exaggerating with the 75%, but the crowd noticeably leaned our way.

Reactions: MGP
The upper deck was almost all Orange and the Cuse section on the bottom was behind the players. When I watched the replay on TV, the sections the TV would show were less orange than most of the building. But it was at least 75-25.

Not sure how many of the student tickets they ended up selling, but they had 100 for sale starting at 8:30 for season ticket holders. Only like 15-20 people showed up. So I'm curious to see if they ended up selling to regular students later or if they didn't sell those either. They only sold about half of their 60 tickets for the BET to season ticket holders also, and they eventually sold those out, so maybe that will be the case with the DC tickets too. Charging $250 a pop doesn't help though. It only cost $40 total for the BET.

Not sure how many of the student tickets they ended up selling, but they had 100 for sale starting at 8:30 for season ticket holders. Only like 15-20 people showed up. So I'm curious to see if they ended up selling to regular students later or if they didn't sell those either. They only sold about half of their 60 tickets for the BET to season ticket holders also, and they eventually sold those out, so maybe that will be the case with the DC tickets too. Charging $250 a pop doesn't help though. It only cost $40 total for the BET.

The low turnout (students first, others later) was surprising, but they'd unloaded everything by the time seats went on sale to the general public at 2:00 p.m. I wouldn't be surprised if some students came in and scored seats at some point before that.

Also, regarding the above, Boston wasn't that far from a split. 60/40, maybe closer to two-thirds for Syracuse.

Last time I can remember an even split was the last night in 1996 at the Meadowlands. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow is like that.

I believe Marquette fans will solidly be rooting for SU. Crean left them for Indiana and I don't think they like the guy all that much, not to mention they know they can beat SU.

I was there and it was 90-10 Cuse , think St. John's game... It was crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in pittsburgh and boston last year and watched ohio state play every game. There were a ton of buckeye fans at each location.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that so many people went down just a few weeks ago for the gtown game and aren't going back so quickly. That and Easter

i wasnt at albany... but i always heard that was like 90%

maybe im exaggerating with the 75%, but the crowd noticeably leaned our way.

I was and it was 90% syracuse. Oklahoma had 2 little sections. It was great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom