crowd noise | Syracusefan.com

crowd noise

It's long been known that we don't need a capacity house to sound like one. But it helps.

Last edited:
the 25k people who didn't show up would have been the ones asking the die hard 25k that DID show up to be quiet and sit down. It was probably louder than it would have been if it was full!

(thats depressing/annoying:crazy:)

I will use those 25K as my personal pee trough if they try to pull that BS on this crazy old man!

Just ask my wife... she knows better.

OburgOrange said:
2-0

This is my 25th season as a die hard (yeah that long since my freshman year at SU), and this is just the 6th time we've been 2-0. First 3 times were my freshman, soph, junior years so 3rd time in the last 22 seasons.

If you assume a tie is a loss (which is how most of us looked at the '93 Texas result), then we haven't been 3-0 in 24 years. 1991 was the last time.

Just wanted to give some context to some of the newer fans as to what's at stake if we can win next week (a game in which we should be at least a TD favorite.)

my preliminary look/guess has us in the abc 8pm slot.

edit pac 12 has to have 2 games on espn family/abc(1 is locked into 1030 on espn) with 2 games on their own network plus 1 for fox which could complicate us getting 8pm abc slot. I now am pretty sure we will be in 1 of 3 slots... abc 330,abc 8pm,or espn 2 at 7 depending on how espn puts all the sec controlled tv games into tv, thinking at least 1 will be at noon on espn,3 on there own network,1 cbs leaving 3 fo tba with at least 2 in primetime on espn family at 7.

Last edited:
Chris02M said:
my preliminary look/guess has us in the abc 8pm slot

They decide Monday right?

You'd have to project SU as 3-0, and that LSU beats Auburn and will be 2-0, assuming they hold on tonight.

On a week with no good OOC matchups, why not...

All 3 SEC matchups for that week took a hit this week. (Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, Miss State).

I bet Fowler calls in sick.

The place was a library till half way through the third qtr. the bell rings it gets loud but other than that the place was quiet. After the big pass in the 3rd qtr people made noise. But before that there was nothing. Why can't the fans help out? Ridiculous. Doesn't matter the number, if ur not making noise what's the point of u being there. I bleed orange and I get the attendance number. But I will never understand why people don't make noise at the dome. Tiresome.

They decide Monday right?

You'd have to project SU as 3-0, and that LSU beats Auburn and will be 2-0, assuming they hold on tonight.

On a week with no good OOC matchups, why not...

All 3 SEC matchups for that week took a hit this week. (Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, Miss State).

I bet Fowler calls in sick.

unless espn 6 day picks its monday they decide. sec controlled games are not abc eligible so its basically acc(us or gt/duke),big 12 or pac 12 for night that week since bigten requires night games to be chosen before season starts

Orangeman83 said:
The place was a library till half way through the third qtr. the bell rings it gets loud but other than that the place was quiet. After the big pass in the 3rd qtr people made noise. But before that there was nothing. Why can't the fans help out? Ridiculous. Doesn't matter the number, if ur not making noise what's the point of u being there. I bleed orange and I get the attendance number. But I will never understand why people don't make noise at the dome. Tiresome.

You must not have been in the dome then. It was loud in the first half. Was it louder in the 2nd? Yep. Buy it was plenty loud enough in the first.

You must not have been in the dome then. It was loud in the first half. Was it louder in the 2nd? Yep. Buy it was plenty loud enough in the first.
no kidding, I was there in section 224 and thought it as damn loud. The end zones were empty but the student section had a good crowd. We were screaming in our section, not sure where that dude was sitting

KellySyracuse said:
no kidding, I was there in section 224 and thought it as damn loud. The end zones were empty but the student section had a good crowd. We were screaming in our section, not sure where that dude was sitting

Agreed, we were loud all game, maybe he was outside

We could make the Dome look much fuller if instead of sitting in their seats we can get the 25K who show up to lie down in the seats. Each person will cover 2-3 seats. The place will look packed.

Really hoping for the night slot. Saturday night games always have a good feel..

They do, but I hate waiting around all day for a night kickoff.

the 25k people who didn't show up would have been the ones asking the die hard 25k that DID show up to be quiet and sit down. It was probably louder than it would have been if it was full!

(thats depressing/annoying:crazy:)

I'm not buying this. The non 'die hard' fans aren't typically annoyed with noise or people standing.

It probably has something to do with the fact that the opponent was Wake Forest. Wake Forest, the basketball school that isn't even good at basketball anymore.

This is my 25th season as a die hard (yeah that long since my freshman year at SU), and this is just the 6th time we've been 2-0. First 3 times were my freshman, soph, junior years so 3rd time in the last 22 seasons.

If you assume a tie is a loss (which is how most of us looked at the '93 Texas result), then we haven't been 3-0 in 24 years. 1991 was the last time.

Just wanted to give some context to some of the newer fans as to what's at stake if we can win next week (a game in which we should be at least a TD favorite.)
25 my a$$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom