crowd noise | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

crowd noise

You must not have been in the dome then. It was loud in the first half. Was it louder in the 2nd? Yep. Buy it was plenty loud enough in the first.

Agreed. Crowd was small but there was plenty of juice in the building to create issues (see: WF false starts)

rrlbees said:
You must not have been in the dome then. It was loud in the first half. Was it louder in the 2nd? Yep. Buy it was plenty loud enough in the first.
it was loud when people were cheering. People only cheered on 3rd down. Wake drove down the field and there wasn't anybody making noise unless that bell rang. After the big pass they cheered on every down. That's what I'm talking about. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I agree when people were making noise it was loud. It was also quiet during a few drives as well.

Su should make a promotion to bring a manikin get a ticket and we could fill the upperdeck..

Su should make a promotion to bring a manikin get a ticket and we could fill the upperdeck..

inflatable-female-doll-5ft-1318774165.jpg

No one likes to repeat themselves, it's annoying.

Now think of this in context of a qb on third down. The bell tolls and the decibel level rises. You come out and see something presnap and want to make an adjustment. Problem is as soon as you open your mouth to call out the change the crowd, almost instinctively, gets fervent and raises the noise level again. Now you're shouting louder than initially planned and man did my guys on the edge hear the change? Oh well play clock is ticking and we've gotta go. Oh look, their blitz happy defenders switched gap allignment... set hike!

It was a chess match all game and Wake lost it by being predictable. Their coaches really should've made the change to quick snap on 3rd down but instead left their increasingly rattled qb stranded to figure it out on his own as the noise rose. When we started playing tighter on his safety valves, Wolford started getting hit regularly. Once he started getting hit he probably started having flashbacks and the rest is history.

So thanks again to all of those who go and scream themselves hoarse. You give our D more of an advantage than you may even realize.

one thing about crowd noise is that artificial devices are not allowed. interesting watching lsu and the cow bells last night which are only allowed between plays yet never enforced

I called into Upon Further Review about 3-4 months ago and said, half jokingly, that SU should consider paying patrons a small fee and maybe a free drink to get people into The Dome with the understanding that they have to sign a non-disclosure agreement and be loud. Trying to think outside the box.

The theory...would that money be better spent than certain advertising considering it guarantees people coming in, adds to the home field advantage and gives the perception of a full Dome. People here who are not buying tickets will once this teams begins to win regularly and and the games become large, fun filled "events" that people flock to in this area.

You want to accelerate the process regarding environment, winning and recruiting perception. Of course, if it ever got out it would be bad PR. Nevertheless, remember that even the Oscars use seat fillers to help avoid the look of empty seats on a major broadcast.

That being said, I thought the Dome was loud yesterday..no doubt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom