Crunch to announce plans at the Dome | Syracusefan.com

Crunch to announce plans at the Dome

Pre sale is open to Syracuse basketball season ticket holders. That's going to awesome especially if it is a triple header including Oswego vs Utica College. The site lines from the upper level should be great.

SU better make sure the game time doesn't conflict with the Football game in Pitt.

SU better make sure the game time doesn't conflict with the Football game in Pitt.

I was thinking the same thing but with the Pitt game being that late in the season the time may not be set until the networks see how the respective teams have done up to that point.
With 4 hockey games in this package, I don't see how they can wait to set the Frozen Dome schedule.
The Saturday before, 11/15, is a bye and would have worked out better but I expect there were other considerations. The time needed to set up the ice configuration may have also been a factor.

What is the pulse of CNY? Will this attract 14k or 28k? I think the pricing might be too rich and think it will be closer to 14k.

But what do I know..Dolan seems to be the best minor league owner Cuse has had in 50 years.

I could easily, easily see this attracting 30-45,000. I am dead serious.

Edit: I have no seen the ticket prices. But this will draw people from Cuse, Oneida, Oswego, Auburn, Utica, Binghamton etc. etc.

A Cornell-Colgate game should be included if they want to get over 30k total attendance for the day.

I would imagine there will be some concert/other events in the back-court to draw casual fans, and I do trust Dolgon's marketing and past success, but I don't see more than 25k coming with those ticket prices.

A Cornell-Colgate game should be included if they want to get over 30k total attendance for the day.

I would imagine there will be some concert/other events in the back-court to draw casual fans, and I do trust Dolgon's marketing and past success, but I don't see more than 25k coming with those ticket prices.

Now that's a matchup that would draw, and not just from the immediate region.

Sadly, I think the timing is no good; a lot of casual fans (this one included) don't get into hockey until the new year. November is football season first, basketball season second, and Thanksgiving season third.

Schedule this on a Saturday in February and it would attract 50% more fans.

Agree, but I'm sure the issue in February is trying to fit it in around both hoops and lacrosse. Can't keep the Dome tied up for a week during that time period (which is why the whole shared stadium for SU/Crunch/community notion is laughable).

I will be attending this game and think with Dolgon/Sala running things, it will be a top-notch event. Just hope they can pull in a couple of other things to get the crowd.

I'd actually try and get Union involved as well- defending National Champs would be a good addition to an all-day event.