Crying ASU child | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Crying ASU child

I think we should all cry now. Get it out cause only one team doesn’t lose and it won’t be SU. A group cry would be a very unifying event.

Many adults in the game thread thought it was over once we went down 7.
This team has been very resilient when down a few. No quit in this bunch.

I didn't make fun of the kid crying, but I did make fun of the fact that he was crying when they were down 3 with over a minute left against a Syracuse team that has a penchant for not being so great at the end of halves. Figured this kid must have not seen us play before.

In all seriousness though, the fact that they showed him once was bad enough. But to show him 2-3 more times and zoom in and linger on him? Pretty classless and unnecessary. I know what it's like to be that passionate and upset when your team doesn't win. My parents tell me that when I was 3 years old, they threatened to not allow me to watch any more Syracuse games because I would get too upset and cry every single time they lost. I like to think I don't really do that anymore, but who am I kidding, I haven't gotten much better 30 years later.

...yikes, what do you do with that?

SU fans in my bar were a bit harsh, not that the kid could hear them.

I wanted to tell him that with a little patience, he has some great-looking classmates in his future.
Maybe the kid at the Duke game a few years ago can call and tell him about all the reaction he got. "How could Duke lose? Isn't everybody suppose just bow down to them"

There are plenty of other moments of drama in stands in any given basketball game and no need to show kids crying. No excuse for that exploitation. None. I know some think it's funny but it is exploitation of a child's true emotional distress and that is NEVER right. No matter the circumstances.

Didn't bother me. I laughed the first time. I mean, maybe they didn't have to go back to the well so much.

I'm probably not the right person to comment.

I laugh at my kid when he cries during or after games (as he often does). My parents laughed at me when I cried after a game. I'm sure their parents laughed at them. Circle of life. We all turned out ok... so to speak.

Didn't bother me. I laughed the first time. I mean, maybe they didn't have to go back to the well so much.

I'm probably not the right person to comment.

I laugh at my kid when he cries during or after games (as he often does). My parents laughed at me when I cried after a game. I'm sure their parents laughed at them. Circle of life. We all turned out ok... so to speak.

I bet that the people complaining are the same kind that let their kid win.

I bet that the people complaining are the same kind that let their kid win.
That's cute.

No, I just think if a kid is sensitive enough to cry about a game in public, chances are he/she might have some challenges with the repercussions. It's not like this is a kid-actor or someone who chose to be in the limelight.

But yeah, clearly I must be the type that hands out participation trophies. You must be a real tough-guy.

i lost feed in the first half so i missed crying kid but i did see a couple of little ASU guys getting down to the beat early in the game during the break. they were great.
9:30 tip is probably gonna be tough for any youngster. or oldster like me.

...yikes, what do you do with that?

SU fans in my bar were a bit harsh, not that the kid could hear them.

I wanted to tell him that with a little patience, he has some great-looking classmates in his future.

I Tweeted that photo and laughed.

Related: I am not a very good human being.

War Damn Otto.

I Tweeted that photo and laughed.

Related: I am not a very good human being.

War Damn Otto.

i also took a video of the kid crying, and sent it to my friends saying that his tears tasted fantastic...its all in good fun though and i think people are making a big deal out of nothing tbh, i have young nephews and when they cry i think its funny (unless its because they are injured), but most of them if its for something pointless, one 4 year old nephew cried the other day because he couldnt pull his pants up, after he got them up he laughed about it so I'm sure that kid will get over it and be fine

i also took a video of the kid crying, and sent it to my friends saying that his tears tasted fantastic...its all in good fun though and i think people are making a big deal out of nothing tbh, i have young nephews and when they cry i think its funny (unless its because they are injured), but most of them if its for something pointless, one 4 year old nephew cried the other day because he couldnt pull his pants up, after he got them up he laughed about it so I'm sure that kid will get over it and be fine

For the love of god, please stop with the run on sentences. Use punctuation.

if i don't stop, will you cry like the aforementioned sun devil fan?

No, just “ignore” you. Which is a shame, because you usually post good stuff. But it’s hard to follow when all of your posts are just one giant sentence.

I miss the days before social media when you could just laugh at a crying kid and move on.

Without social media you wouldn’t have photos of crying kids to laugh at.

No, just “ignore” you. Which is a shame, because you usually post good stuff. But it’s hard to follow when all of your posts are just one giant sentence.

I appreciate that man, but in the end this is a message board, not an english paper. I also use commas to separate it when I'm typing quickly, when i talk about basketball or go in depth i use proper grammar and punctuation. Ill keep it in mind for you going forward but no promises.

Toughen up kid .. there’s a lot tougher things in life than losing a b-ball game ... better to learn now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom