CU Tigers fan here | Syracusefan.com

CU Tigers fan here

Thanks for the welcome, I am excited to be part of the ACC, can't wait to build some new rivalries and rekindle some old ones with Miami, Va Tech, and BC. Best of luck with Georgia, should be a great game.

and another example for TexanMark's point.

Thanks Tiger fan. We are very glad to be in a conference with actual football fans.

I hope to get to death valley next year, you guys have great colors. It is kind of funny that you guys are a football school, we are a basketball school* and you are 0-1 against us in football and 2-0 against us in hoops.

Hope y'all kill UGA. In the words of Veronica Corningstone, thanks for stopping by.

*Syracuse die-hards ignore this statement please for the love of God summer threads are over.

Great to have you in the ACC! Best of luck with Penn St tomorrow. I love your addition to the conference and look forward to some great battles! Represent and prepare for great things! Go Tigers! Welcome orange!
Thanks for coming to visit. Beat Georgia!

Was Dawkins on the Gator Bowl team?

Good memory! 96 was his senior year and he was likely the second best safety on the field behind Donovan Darius. Who was our other safety in 96?

Dawkins was good in college but elevated his game in the pros. I will never forget heading home from a trip to Hilton Head island for new Years. Rolling up I 95 to upstate SC listening to you guys destroy us in the bowl game. McNabb was unstoppable leaving me with a need to be and stay drunk. Thanks for the welcome!!

Dawkins was good in college but elevated his game in the pros. I will never forget heading home from a trip to Hilton Head island for new Years. Rolling up I 95 to upstate SC listening to you guys destroy us in the bowl game. McNabb was unstoppable leaving me with a need to be and stay drunk. Thanks for the welcome!!

Sorry. Bringing up Dawkins was meant to be a compliment. I was maybe 12 when that game happened and as a young fan in the 90's I just expected us to beat everyone like that. Fast forward past the early/mid 2000s and I've learned a lot of humility/reality.

*Dawgs

minor correction, but hey, we are in a southern conference now so have to get use to other southern ways

Does that mean we have to say "Clempsun" too?

Good memory! 96 was his senior year and he was likely the second best safety on the field behind Donovan Darius. Who was our other safety in 96?

Was Tebucky starting that year at FS? Or did he start the next year?

He was a running back in 95.

Then in looking it up...I can't remember if Rod Gadson was a CB or a S. Darrell Parker was the other starter in the secondary (along with Kevin Abrams) and frankly, I don't remember Darrell Parker at all...

Thank you!

We are truly pleased to be a member of the great ACC!

We look forward to opening our time in the conference against your fine team.

We are all rooting for the Tigers today - beat GA!!

See you in the Dome in a few weeks.

Then in looking it up...I can't remember if Rod Gadson was a CB or a S. Darrell Parker was the other starter in the secondary (along with Kevin Abrams) and frankly, I don't remember Darrell Parker at all...

Wore #2 Darrel Parker did. Gadson was the other corner opposite Abrams (who had two picks that day IIRC)

Clemson had a stud MLB Al something that went to the Raiders on that team.

Still if we are talking about safety play and the 1996 Gator Bowl, the hit #20 in white had to stop a 4th and 2 when it was still like 13-0 is fresh in my mind. I could hear the pads pop from my seat like 300 feet away.

Great to have you in the ACC! Best of luck with Penn St tomorrow. I love your addition to the conference and look forward to some great battles! Represent and prepare for great things! Go Tigers! Welcome orange!

Congrats on your big win. Only saw some of the highlights, but your Tigers looked pretty dynamic. Always nice to see an SEC team go down in flames.

Congrats on your big win. Only saw some of the highlights, but your Tigers looked pretty dynamic. Always nice to see an SEC team go down in flames.
The game was impressive on tv, I can only imagine what is was like to be there.

Personally, if its not gray skies and snowing, I want football played at night. It's better live and on tv, that game was scary when u think that Syracuse is in that league, for they're not...in that 'league'

Indeed, congrats on your win. I stopped by your forum to say go tigers during the game and it got buried, I should've known...lol

:D

The game was impressive on tv, I can only imagine what is was like to be there.

Personally, if its not gray skies and snowing, I want football played at night. It's better live and on tv, that game was scary when u think that Syracuse is in that league, for they're not...in that 'league'
its not like BC, Pitt, Miami, NC State, Wake Forest, UNC, Virginia, Ga Tech etc are in that league either.. Maybe FSU.