Currently in NOLA | Syracusefan.com

Currently in NOLA

Any recommendations?
Yeah, Bacchanal is still #1. Was just there a few weeks ago. How many days you have and what are you looking to accomplish. Also a big difference in recommendations if you're 30 and looking to get after it a bit or 50s and trying to relax and just have higher end experiences.

Yeah, Bacchanal is still #1. Was just there a few weeks ago. How many days you have and what are you looking to accomplish. Also a big difference in recommendations if you're 30 and looking to get after it a bit or 50s and trying to relax and just have higher end experiences.
Here until Friday. Did the walk down Bourbon yesterday. That’s enough. I can say I did it. Thinking French St?for clubs and music. We want creole food. Jacgues-imos closed until Wednesday. Definitely on the list. We are in the garden district on st Charles

Got my eye on mothers restaurant too

Hit up Domilise's Po Boys (and bar) at 5240 Annunciation St. (no, you will not be shot when you walk in...) or Mahoney's Po Boys at 3454 Magazine St.

For a sit down dinner check out Frankie and Johnny's at 321 Arabella St. Get the pepper rings and crab cakes. order a sazerac or vieux carre cocktail. Life is good......

Here until Friday. Did the walk down Bourbon yesterday. That’s enough. I can say I did it. Thinking French St?for clubs and music. We want creole food. Jacgues-imos closed until Wednesday. Definitely on the list. We are in the garden district on st Charles

Got my eye on mothers restaurant too
Today's Monday. Monday in Nola means Red Beans and Rice. Should be able to get it anywhere today. You're likely pretty close to Parasol's, great place for a Po'boy and a couple drinks. Nice little brewery called Miel that is a few mins walk from Parasol's as well. Always a good food truck outside of there.

Frenchman should have live jazz at multiple clubs every night though there was a bunch of construction going on down there last month.

Today's Monday. Monday in Nola means Red Beans and Rice. Should be able to get it anywhere today. You're likely pretty close to Parasol's, great place for a Po'boy and a couple drinks. Nice little brewery called Miel that is a few mins walk from Parasol's as well. Always a good food truck outside of there.

Frenchman should have live jazz at multiple clubs every night though there was a bunch of construction going on down there last month.
Did Mahonys for lunch. Solid Po boy and gumbo. At the French Market now. Wander over to Frenchman and see whats going on later

Hit up Domilise's Po Boys (and bar) at 5240 Annunciation St. (no, you will not be shot when you walk in...) or Mahoney's Po Boys at 3454 Magazine St.

For a sit down dinner check out Frankie and Johnny's at 321 Arabella St. Get the pepper rings and crab cakes. order a sazerac or vieux carre cocktail. Life is good...
Did Mahonys for lunch. Solid recommendation. Thanks

Did Mahonys for lunch. Solid Po boy and gumbo. At the French Market now. Wander over to Frenchman and see whats going on later
Believe you can see Kermit Ruffins tomorrow at his place. Would be a high recommendation for the Jazz experience.

At Bacchanal now

At Bacchanal now
Good timing. Sunset and then night with the lights in the trees is the best. Bottle of wine and a board.

Kermits place is the mother in law lounge.

If you’re venturing out to the Garden District at all there’s a gorgeous rooftop bar inside the Ponchartrain Hotel called Hot Tin with a panoramic view that your wife will love. If you go into the lobby take the elevator all the way to the right (it’s the only one that goes all the way up to the bar).

Frenchman Street has great music. I enjoyed the Spotted Cat. I also did a historic walking cocktail tour. I’m a history teacher and an amateur alcoholic so it was right up my alley.
Saw TBC brass band ant Spotted Cat about 13 years ago and they killed it.

Also saw Kermit - Rebirth Brass Band at Maple Leaf but like I said it was years ago. I’ve now seen them in five different cities when they are on tour.

I did a bike food tour that went all around the city. Wife and I loved it. It was about 10 miles of biking but we saw different establishments in a variety of neighborhoods.

If you’re venturing out to the Garden District at all there’s a gorgeous rooftop bar inside the Ponchartrain Hotel called Hot Tin with a panoramic view that your wife will love. If you go into the lobby take the elevator all the way to the right (it’s the only one that goes all the way up to the bar).
We are staying right beside the Ponchetrain. Will check it out! Thanks

We are staying right beside the Ponchetrain. Will check it out! Thanks
The bar on the first floor of the hotel is where the Saints were founded and occasionally has live jazz music as well. I love that neighborhood so much. Make a trek over to Turkey and the Wolf for lunch some day, too.

Yeah it's trite, but take one of the open air tour busses.

The bar on the first floor of the hotel is where the Saints were founded and occasionally has live jazz music as well. I love that neighborhood so much. Make a trek over to Turkey and the Wolf for lunch some day, too.
Youre not the first one to recommend the T and the W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom