Cuse Football is a Symbol | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Football is a Symbol

Orijinal

All Conference
Here's how I'm feeling right now

Screw last week's loss

Screw the 4-8 season last year

Screw the G Robinson experiment

Screw the lost recruit's, screw the non qualifiers, screw the slew of injuries year after year

Screw the current injury losses (but God love the players)

Screw the likely loss tomorrow to South Florida and another likely losing season

Auburn and Liverpool were my hometowns. Those places and the surrounding areas were the fabric of my life for the first 18 years of my existence. Central New York is my DNA

You can take the boy out of Syracuse, but can't take the love for where he came from out of the boy

I'm behind this team and I'll cheer for this team and this community because it's who I am. This culture is me

And if nothing else, I can't peel myself away because Central New York is in my blood. No matter what the record, I can always celebrate having a connection to the sights and sounds of the CNY culture and have an intimate appreciation for it.

Syracuse IS the underrated. Syracuse IS the overlooked. People don't know. All they think is "snow" and "cold." So let them. Can't change the thought process anyway

I take solace today in the fact that I KNOW this place better than most. YOU know this place better than most. We have a commonality with it.

And there's something more than snow and cold here. I'm glad I know it. I'm glad I'm part of a culture that has far more to offer than most realize. It's part of what makes CNY unique.

It's part of what makes you and I unique. We are overlooked. We are hidden. We are a small dot on the northern part of the map. But we got something and we ARE something more than what many will ever see. But we see it, and I had and have the privilege of still being a part of it

Screw everything else

Go Cuse

Hey I am watching University of Texas San Antonio running rough shot over Arizona State tonight. ASU has made it a 10 point game early in the 4Q. But all this makes me think is anyone can do it, and so can we!!
should have said ASU has pulled within 10...

Screw last week's loss

Screw the lost recruit's, screw the non qualifiers, screw the slew of injuries year after year

Screw the likely loss tomorrow to South Florida and another likely losing season

Auburn and Liverpool were my hometowns. Those places and the surrounding areas were the fabric of my life for the first 18 years of my existence. Central New York is my DNA

You can take the boy out of Syracuse, but can't take the love for where he came from out of the boy

I'm behind this team and I'll cheer for this team and this community because it's who I am. This culture is me

And if nothing else, I can't peel myself away because Central New York is in my blood. No matter what the record, I can always celebrate having a connection to the sights and sounds of the CNY culture and have an intimate appreciation for it.

Syracuse IS the underrated. Syracuse IS the overlooked. People don't know. All they think is "snow" and "cold." So let them. Can't change the thought process anyway

I take solace today in the fact that I KNOW this place better than most. YOU know this place better than most. We have a commonality with it.

And there's something more than snow and cold here. I'm glad I know it. I'm glad I'm part of a culture that has far more to offer than most realize. It's part of what makes CNY unique.

It's part of what makes you and I unique. We are overlooked. We are hidden. We are a small dot on the northern part of the map. But we got something and we ARE something more than what many will ever see. But we see it, and I had and have the privilege of still being a part of it

Screw everything else

Go Cuse

Amen brother! Born and raised not far from you in a little village called Baldwinsville. CNY is a special place because it is home. No matter what warts some might point out. It's home. Naysayers be damned!

"You can take the boy out of Syracuse, but can't take the love for where he came from out of the boy

And if nothing else, I can't peel myself away because Central New York is in my blood. No matter what the record, I can always celebrate having a connection to the sights and sounds of the CNY culture and have an intimate appreciation for it."

I grew up in the Syracuse area, too. I have been away longer than I lived there but Syracuse is my hometown and SU is my college team. I follow others, but Syracuse is always my #1.

Though I cannot claim Syracuse as my alma mater, I can claim them as my history. I have probably spent enough on Syracuse gear and tickets to have attended the school! (not really, but you get my meaning).

I have raised my four girls to love Syracuse, even tough they have spent precious little time there. They love the town and the area. My two sons-in-law had a chance to visit the area recently and both loved it and want to go back. Both are hoping to see football and hoops games in the Dome soon, too. Both were shocked that Upstate is not paved over in concrete and that not all buildings are 40+ stories high. I had to explain to one of them that six NYC's would fit in the Houston footprint (without the metro!), and that we were 240 miles from NYC. Once he started getting around the area, he could not believe it.

GO ORANGE! The game is still 14 hours away and I am pumped already!

Screw last week's loss

It's part of what makes you and I unique. We are overlooked. We are hidden. We are a small dot on the northern part of the map. But we got something and we ARE eye visit,something more than what many will ever see. But we see it, and I had and have the privilege of still being a part of it

Screw everything else

Go Cuse
Snow and cold? We have had better weather than the Caribbean this year!
Seriously though,this is an all-time post. Many of my friends who have left the area before they had kids have brought their kids up orange and when they visit,I'm always amazed how knowledgeable and passionate their kids are about a team and a place that they have rarely been too. The CUSE is passed on and is in the genes

Amen brother! Liverpool born and raised. I've been in Florida now longer than I lived in cuse but I still bleed orange. It's a special place, even if some of the people are grouchy all the time.
I don't know what you were drinking when you wrote that, but whatever it was, it worked.

Florange44

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Screw last week's loss

Screw everything else

Go Cuse
About the best post I've read on here, wow! And couldn't agree more. Underrated and overlooked is about right. THANK GOD! It keeps the population density down, traffic managable, and the place always easy to navigate. Or as one of my friend says..."it's the greatest place to live nearly 7 months out of the year, two months are ok and the other 3 months you just survive, but those months keep the riff raff out!" Lol.

Being one of the many who thought there were greener pastures for living life elsewhere I'm one of those who moved away (10 years), have the life with friends all over the country that allows looks into life everywhere else, etc. so it gives you insights into where and how people live. There's trade offs everywhere and the harsh winter on occasion here keeps people thinking they wouldn't want to live here. GOOD. I'm amazed at how many have moved back (like me) after spending time away and realizing the grass is not greener.

Being overlooked and underrated allows us to enjoy sights like the above without crowds...gotta love CNY. If you can figure a way to make a living up here you got it made in the shade. And more so if you can be a Texanmark like snow bird (who seem to be the happiest people I know) and figure a way to get away for those 3-4 months then you really have the world by the you know what's.....

And add this...some historically fantastic sports programs, both with rich history, one with current success the other on it's way to again trying to again live up to and meet that rich history (no matter how long it takes), it's all good in the big picture to be Orange. Come on and good luck Orange footballers start that road back to greatness!

Great post man.

Snow and cold? We have had better weather than the Caribbean this year!
Seriously though,this is an all-time post. Many of my friends who have left the area before they had kids have brought their kids up orange and when they visit,I'm always amazed how knowledgeable and passionate their kids are about a team and a place that they have rarely been too. The CUSE is passed on and is in the genes
I always have to laugh when the Butgers a$$clowns refer to CNY as Siberia. Syracuse's daily average temperature is only four degrees colder than New Brunswick and they actually average more precipitation than we do.

With my job I've had the opportunity to spend time is most of the major to mid-sized cities in the USA, especially from Chicago to the east coast. Maybe I'm biased, but IMO, Syracuse is one the coolest small towns in the country.

Sure, we can have difficult winters and the economy could be better, but within a two hour drive CNY is a natural wonderland. Lakes, rivers, forests, mountains, diverse wild life and sun sets to die for.

My family has lived all over CNY for over 200 years. It's home no matter where I am. My grandmother, from Baldwinsville, attended Crouse College 100 years ago. My dad and brother both got Masters at SU. I met my ex-wife while we were students at SU. I haven't really lived in CNY since the late 1980s but have been able to get to a few games for the past several years. It's a real treat to be in the dome on gameday. Today I get to be there with my daughter. She sang at Crouse with her William & Mary women's chorus a few years ago, the same place her grandmother studied music. This will be her 3rd SU game with me. For me, that is so cool. A symbol? You betcha...

View attachment 76266 View attachment 76267 View attachment 76268
About the best post I've read on here, wow! And couldn't agree more. Underrated and overlooked is about right. THANK GOD! It keeps the population density down, traffic managable, and the place always easy to navigate. Or as one of my friend says..."it's the greatest place to live nearly 7 months out of the year, two months are ok and the other 3 months you just survive, but those months keep the riff raff out!" Lol.

Being one of the many who thought there were greener pastures for living life elsewhere I'm one of those who moved away (10 years), have the life with friends all over the country that allows looks into life everywhere else, etc. so it gives you insights into where and how people live. There's trade offs everywhere and the harsh winter on occasion here keeps people thinking they wouldn't want to live here. GOOD. I'm amazed at how many have moved back (like me) after spending time away and realizing the grass is not greener.

Being overlooked and underrated allows us to enjoy sights like the above without crowds...gotta love CNY. If you can figure a way to make a living up here you got it made in the shade. And more so if you can be a Texanmark like snow bird (who seem to be the happiest people I know) and figure a way to get away for those 3-4 months then you really have the world by the you know what's...

And add this...some historically fantastic sports programs, both with rich history, one with current success the other on it's way to again trying to again live up to and meet that rich history (no matter how long it takes), it's all good in the big picture to be Orange. Come on and good luck Orange footballers start that road back to greatness!

Great post man.
Great post, Mike. I've been attempting to post a couple of sun set pictures taken down the shore from you but the files are too big for the server. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to compress them.

This will be the first weekend since the last week of April that we won't be at the lake house. Need to get some things at home before the game.

image.jpeg
I always have to laugh when the Butgers a$$clowns refer to CNY as Siberia. Syracuse's daily average temperature is only four degrees colder than New Brunswick and they actually average more precipitation than we do.

With my job I've had the opportunity to spend time is most of the major to mid-sized cities in the USA, especially from Chicago to the east coast. Maybe I'm biased, but IMO, Syracuse is one the coolest small towns in the country.

Sure, we can have difficult winters and the economy could be better, but within a two hour drive CNY is a natural wonderland. Lakes, rivers, forests, mountains, diverse wild life and sun sets to die for.
Here's one above for ya from earlier this summer...

Both were shocked that Upstate is not paved over in concrete and that not all buildings are 40+ stories high. I had to explain to one of them that six NYC's would fit in the Houston footprint (without the metro!), and that we were 240 miles from NYC. Once he started getting around the area, he could not believe it.

GO ORANGE! The game is still 14 hours away and I am pumped already!
This is so true. I was born and raised in San Antonio and went to SU for undergrad. People there still think Syracuse is NYC. I stopped trying to explain that it is 4 hours plus away and a completely different area.

This is so true. I was born and raised in San Antonio and went to SU for undergrad. People there still think Syracuse is NYC. I stopped trying to explain that it is 4 hours plus away and a completely different area.

My other son-in-law was able to drive to the Baseball Hall of Fame and loved the drive and the HOF setting. No matter how many times it is on TV, everyone associates it with being in a big city. Being there people see the beauty of small Cooperstown sitting on a lake, picturesque beyond belief. The charm and friendliness of small town America, not far from so many other places.

As mentioned above, bad enough weather to keep the riff-raff out (does that mean I am now riff-raff?), quite nice the remainder of the year while small enough to not draw too much attention and big enough to have it all. Underrated can be a great thing.