Cuse lands 2nd commitment of 2016 class WR Sadiq Palmer (NJ) | Syracusefan.com

Cuse lands 2nd commitment of 2016 class WR Sadiq Palmer (NJ)

Not the only story, man! There's also one up on Otto's Grove! http://.com/orange-football-lands-second-commit-of-16/
I was just going to link your article :).

Nice write-up!

I hope Anthony Brown commits soon and SU can get the momentum going, especially in NJ.
Let's throw Tyler Thompson into that mix as well. That would be a nice couple of commits to add to get the ball rolling.

I like this kids film. Good size. Good in open field. Looks like he has tons of potential. Curious how long hes been playing football.

Free Article...

http://syracuse.At their request, t...5&hootPostID=8b0a5b0b0030ffe25d571a464fa1073d

Palmer Commits to Syracuse
On Friday, Syracuse extended a scholarship offer to Little Silver (N.J.) Red Bank Regional wide receiver Sadiq Palmer. One day later, he decided to pull the trigger and commit to the Orange.
After receiving the offer on Friday, his first scholarship offer, he said it left him speechless and put a big smile on his face. Apparently sleeping on the offer was all he needed in order to know Syracuse was the right fit.
"Number one, he's appreciative that Syracuse actually showed interest in him," Palmer's uncle Jim Fields said. "He adores coach Bobby so much. Just seeing the passion that coach has for him. Just really showing that they really care about him. That they wanted to help push him academically as well as athletically.
"Another strong motivating factor for Syracuse was Chris Melvin (high school recruiting analyst for New Jersey for Elite Recruits and former Red Bank assistant coach). He's a long time friend of our family. He and I went to school together. We grew up together. We've remained friends throughout the year. Chris has so much respect for that program at Syracuse. It was so great that it helped us have that same respect for the program."
This decision was not made without a lot of information about the school, either. He visited for the spring game and got an up close look at the facilities, the program and the coaches.
"When I went there, the coaches gave me a great feeling," Palmer said. "It's special (there)."

Just because Palmer committed early and to his only offer at this point does not mean Syracuse fans should be concerned about him waivering.
"I would say he's very solid in that decision," Fields said. "One thing I know about my nephew is that he's a man of his word. A man of integrity. The fact that he was offered humbled him. He's very appreciative of it. If you know anything about Sadiq, he's a wonderful young man. We came from a poverty stricken background with my sisters and myself.
"We were less fortunate and for us to grown up and have our children follow their dreams with their academic ability as well as their athletic ability, for us is overwhelming at this present moment."
Fields added that this is the first generation in his family that will go to college. Sadiq's brother was recruited to play football at Monmouth University. He added that Syracuse's strong academic reputation was a big factor in Palmer's decision.
Palmer is listed at 6-foot-3, 185-pounds with a self reported 4.50 40-time. He fits the mold of the tall, long receivers that head coach Scott Shafer likes.
The commitment of Palmer may also have an impact on one of Syracuse's other top targets, three-star quarterback Anthony Brown. The two are close friends.
His primary recruiter was Bobby Acosta, who has made a big impression on the Red Bank standout. He was also receiving interest from Old Dominion and Rutgers. Palmer is the second player to verbally commit to Syracuse in the 2016 class joining offensive tackle Cam DeGeorge.