Cuse Retiring Carmelo's Number | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Retiring Carmelo's Number

They need to retire a few more and cant believe they havent done Louie/Bouie or Moten yet.

gotta be the gtown game on feb 23, knicks are off that day.

Probably the best player to ever come out of Cuse.
His name on the facility say he gives back to SU.

Still think it's early for this. Should/will get done but not yet IMHO.

They need to retire a few more and cant believe they havent done Louie/Bouie or Moten yet.

Yeah, Moten or John Wallace are the first two names that come to me.

gotta be the gtown game on feb 23, knicks are off that day.

Georgetown makes the most sense based on the history of the rivalry and the Knicks schedule…

· Notre Dame – Monday 2/4 – Knicks @ MSG
· St Johns – Sunday 2/10 - Knicks @ LA Clippers
· Providence – Wed 2/20 – Knicks @ Indiana
· Georgetown – Saturday 2/23 – Knicks no game (Friday @ Toronto, Sunday @ MSG)

I smell break the record night...

After Melo donated all that money they could retire his socks before they retire the jerseys of Louie and Bouie and Moten, for all I care.

Here's a question though -- will they ever retire a Boeheim tweed, plaid sports coat?

Georgetown makes the most sense based on the history of the rivalry and the Knicks schedule…

· Notre Dame – Monday 2/4 – Knicks @ MSG
· St Johns – Sunday 2/10 - Knicks @ LA Clippers
· Providence – Wed 2/20 – Knicks @ Indiana
· Georgetown – Saturday 2/23 – Knicks no game (Friday @ Toronto, Sunday @ MSG)

I smell break the record night...

there ya go, gtown it is. i picked the right game to make a trip to cuse this year!

Melo did more for the program than Louie and Bouie. He won us a national title. Louie and Bouie never got us past the sweet 16. He donated the $$ that has put us over the top with the Melo center. Loved Louie and Bouie but on merit, Melo goes first.

Way too soon IMO. The university owes it to Louie/Bouie, Wallace and maybe Moten to go first.

I know he won a NC and has donated a ton of money to SU, but i am not overly crazy about retiring a 1 and done. I know if there ever was an exception, this is it. It just seems kind of odd to retire a guy who played one season.

Way too soon IMO. The university owes it to Louie/Bouie, Wallace and maybe Moten to go first.

I know he won a NC and has donated a ton of money to SU, but i am not overly crazy about retiring a 1 and done. I know if there ever was an exception, this is it. It just seems kind of odd to retire a guy who played one season.

If Melo was not so generous, the women's team would be practicing in Barry Park right about now.

Even though I've been friends with L&B since we were 18, I'm good with it.

If Melo was not so generous, the women's team would be practicing in Barry Park right about now.

Even though I've been friends with L&B since we were 18, I'm good with it.
Bill, what year did you graduate from syracuse? I was '78

Bill, what year did you graduate from syracuse? I was '78

Took the long route and finished up in '82.

BTW, saw Earnie Seibert at the "Nova game. Looks like he's morphed into a taller Ron Jaworski.

If Anthony Davis had come to SU last year, I would have been happy to retire his jersey if he helped us win a National Championship. So I'm fine with Melo having his jersey retired. The other names mentioned should have theirs retired as well.

If the Gtown game was not a hot ticket already, it's going to be even hotter once the news gets out. Just bought a family pack and can't wait for the game!

Tenth anniversary of the NC his # should be retired this year. But Louie and Bowie, John Wallace, and Moten should be retired already. Gmac's, and Hak's Jerseys on the 20year and 25year anniversaries.

From the minute Carmelo Anthony committed to Syracuse he has done more for the Syracuse program other then Jim Boeheim. From winning our only national title changed the face of our program. He made it "cool" to go to Syracuse again. Then comes his donation money that helped lift off the MeloCenter, which may be close second to him winning the title, since it is now allowing us to compete on a national level on a year in and year out basis. Absolutely retire his number.

If Dwight Freeny can work something out with football $ i.d say retire his jersey too.

Ill set the over under at ten for recruits at that game and two for commits

The other day, I was thinking...what if OK State continued on to a blowout of SU in the 2nd round that year...with Melo having a bad shooting game. How would he be remembered? His teammates really pulled him from the fire that day.

The other day, I was thinking...what if OK State continued on to a blowout of SU in the 2nd round that year...with Melo having a bad shooting game. How would he be remembered? His teammates really pulled him from the fire that day.

What are you talking about? Carmelo is the absolutely only reason SU won a Nat'l Championship that year.

Melo is worthy. Moten is worthy. Wallace is worthy. You can argue Warrick is worthy.

That's the list to me.

What are you talking about? Carmelo is the absolutely only reason SU won a Nat'l Championship that year.
This is false.. Everyone contributed in a different way on that team. He was the "great" player as JB put it on Cowherd today. He was surrounded by a lot of "good" players and the won the 'ship as a unit.

This is false.. Everyone contributed in a different way on that team. He was the "great" player as JB put it on Cowherd today. He was surrounded by a lot of "good" players and the won the 'ship as a unit.

Sarcasm brother