Cuse Thread on Baylor Board | Syracusefan.com

Cuse Thread on Baylor Board

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Started by someone you know...

BTW, I think the most important thing is can Coach Babers evaluate talent as well as Briles?

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302102

Note: My first post in the thread disappeared...I reposted it down below but I think they were able to fix it.

BTW, registration was easy and I was approved in about 5 mins.

Last edited:
Cool thread. Not much we didn't already know yet, but it's nice to see those guys are excited about Babers and believe he will do well

Started by someone you know...

BTW, I think the most important thing is can Coach Babers evaluate talent as well as Briles?

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302102

Note: My first post in the thread disappeared...I reposted it down below but I think they were able to fix it.

BTW, registration was easy and I was approved in about 5 mins.
As a new Syracuse fan... what school do you despise the most? Who am I suppose to add to my dislike list? At Baylor we despise a&m, even though they are no longer in our conference. One of the happiest days in my life is when they left. I would guess TCU is at the top of our current Big12 list.

As a new Syracuse fan... what school do you despise the most? Who am I suppose to add to my dislike list? At Baylor we despise a&m, even though they are no longer in our conference. One of the happiest days in my life is when they left. I would guess TCU is at the top of our current Big12 list.

Sadly we have no hated FB rivals yet in the ACC. We hate Georgetown in Hoops. In Football we like to watch Rutgers lose. In the midmajors we like to see UConn lose.

Sadly we have no hated FB rivals yet in the ACC. We hate Georgetown in Hoops. In Football we like to watch Rutgers lose. In the midmajors we like to see UConn lose.
Once you start dominating...everyone will have you on their hate list...Baylor is no longer the annual Homecoming game for our fellow B12 members

Hate list (short version - the Sinister Seven)

Virginia Tech
Clemson
Boston College
NC State
Notre Dame
Penn St.
Rutgers

Can't stand the Aggie's. Disliked them for going on 50 years. Art Briles fan since his UH days and now root for Baylor in the Big 12. After all, we are now part of the Briles Cult!!

cliff notes?
Look at the jobs Dino has taken, he has chosen well. Both programs already had highly skilled QBs on campus. Wouldn't be surprised if there isn't already a quality QB in the Cuse pipeline...Dino does his homework.

Remember, Bowling Green already had the SMU, transfer, WR on campus...kid was the Michigan HS POY. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Orange don't already have the talent on campus waiting for Dino to teach them the Briles system

Hate list (short version - the Sinister Seven)

Virginia Tech
Clemson
Boston College
NC State
Notre Dame
Penn St.
Rutgers

I don't agree with your list completely, but it is representative. What's odd is that 3 of 7 on this list aren't on the schedule. And we only play ND once every 3 years. I am glad we landed in the ACC and not the BIG or in mid-major hell, but we are lacking for rivals. Unavoidable but strange.

Can't stand the Aggie's. Disliked them for going on 50 years. Art Briles fan since his UH days and now root for Baylor in the Big 12. After all, we are now part of the Briles Cult!!
You have me by a few years...Mine started in 1969... Freshman year at Baylor. The year after their football team beat the crap out of one of our basketball players during a game at a&m. He was shoved into the stands during a layup and the FB players jumped him.

Last edited:

Penn State, Virginia Tech, Miami, and West Virginia would be on my Mt. Rushmore of hate. These are the only opponents that have really moved the needle of hate against us in my lifetime. We dislike BC, but it's not at the same level. We've played Pitt forever, but we're almost never both good at the same time. We don't like Rutgers or UConn, but that's mainly because they're scrubby little programs with delusional fanbases that had asswipe coaches(Edsall and Schiano). But they've never been good enough to really care about, and now that they're not in our league I couldn't care less.

Penn State was a yearly matchup right up until we started beating them and the series ended in 1990. We only recently played them again. Throw in all their issues...they're just kind of disgusting all around.

Virginia Tech was a very good rivalry from the mid 90's to the early 2000's. We played a lot of big games against them, battled for the BE title many times, had some great games and some embarrassing blowouts(both ways), their coach whined and made excuses every time we beat them, and their fans were just a different breed of weirdness. I felt like they were starting to be solidified as "THE rivalry" game for us, but this suddenly ended when they left the Big East in 2003. I was really hoping we'd get in the same division as them in the ACC so we could rekindle the rivalry.

Miami - who doesn't hate Miami? They were the program we most wanted to beat in the 90's when we were good and felt like we were on the verge of being a major powerhouse, but we usually came up short against them. Throw in that they're also disgusting like Penn State, and they're very easy to hate.

West Virginia was a longtime rival that lasted right up until the demise of the Big East. There were some GREAT games in this series, and some heated moments(bench clearing brawl in '92, their idiot AD Oliver Luck popping off about us and saying he'd rather have Navy in the Big East over us after it came out we were leaving, etc.).

Last edited:
That is a funny answer. But I think Cuse fans like to make fun of Rutgers for all its idiocy and irrelevance rather than just for losing.

i hate nc state as much as i hate rutgirls
If you have sense, the more you know MooU fans, the more you feel utter contempt for them. They make Dook fans seem OK.

NC State could become a rival. We have some history already. Personally, every big10 team is on my . . . . list. Hate the whole league.
I hate a sizable part of the SEC: Tennessee, Kentucky, Florida, Auburn, LSU, Miss St, Georgia. But I hate the Big Ten as a conference.

You have me by a few years...Mine started in 1969... Freshman year at Baylor. The year after their football team beat the crap out of one of our basketball players during a game at a&m. He was shoved into the stands during a layup and the FB players jumped him.

lol, What? That really happened?

lol, What? That really happened?
Yes it did... Tom Friedman had to have about 5-6 stitches. No way to explain aggies. You can be around one of them and he is ok...you get two or more together and they turn into some sort of idiot cult.