Dabo on the state of our program | Syracusefan.com

Dabo on the state of our program

Sounds familiar...

"I see a guy building a program,” he said of Shafer.

“If they stay the course, I don’t have any doubt he’ll [Shafer] get them to where they need to be,” said Swinney.

Clemson’s Swinney Thinks Scott Shafer Should Stay… But Why? – Orange Fizz – Free Syracuse Recruiting News

It's like we hope Addazzio is at BC for a long time or Ash at Rutgers...

It might be coach speak - but I think it really doesn't matter what he thinks. I hope he wins all his games but one.

It's like we hope Addazzio is at BC for a long time or Ash at Rutgers...

It might be coach speak - but I think it really doesn't matter what he thinks
. I hope he wins all his games but one.

DABO, IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! NOW KNOW YOUR DAMN ROLE AND SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH BEFORE DINO LAYS THE SMACKDOWN ON ALLLLLL YOUR CANDY ASSES!

DABO, IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK! NOW KNOW YOUR DAMN ROLE AND SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH BEFORE DINO LAYS THE SMACKDOWN ON ALLLLLL YOUR CANDY ASSES!

Well, actually, it does matter what the competitors think, especially someone with the cred dabo does. Dabo knows our program and what's going on better than us, the fans. He sees what we try schematically on both sides of the ball and studies our talent level at each position as he breaks down individual matchups. I think it matters what he thinks. For being the class of the league, Clemson is a hard team to hate. NC, Pitt, ncst, wake, FSU, Louisville, and BC are much, much easier to hate on.

He was saying nice things on Mark Packers show today too. Had high praise for Ish and Irv, and Dungey.

Well, actually, it does matter what the competitors think, especially someone with the cred dabo does. Dabo knows our program and what's going on better than us, the fans. He sees what we try schematically on both sides of the ball and studies our talent level at each position as he breaks down individual matchups. I think it matters what he thinks. For being the class of the league, Clemson is a hard team to hate. NC, Pitt, ncst, wake, FSU, Louisville, and BC are much, much easier to hate on.

It has absolutely no bearing on how we perform. It’s good PR, that’s it (although nobody really takes what these guys say about the quality of opponents all that seriously anyways)

It has absolutely no bearing on how we perform. It’s good PR, that’s it (although nobody really takes what these guys say about the quality of opponents all that seriously anyways)

Yup, i get that, has no bearing on how we play.

We'll know the program has arrived when the opposing coach stops finding nice things to say.
Granted, it would be stupid for any opposing coach to run down the head coach of his next opponent. Having said that, Dabo didn't have to "find" nice things to say about Dino Babers. From the day Babers was hired, I haven't heard anyone, anywhere say anything negative about him or his ability to coach. That is unusual considering the large number of know it all "experts" we have littering talk radio, television and the internet these days.

Do I think Clemson is going to win this game? I do - but it's not because I think Syracuse is going to be completely outclassed or that anyone on your team is going to roll over for us. Our team doesn't think they've played a complete game yet. With the bye week coming up, I expect our guys to leave it all on the field Friday night. I see a close game until depth and speed wears your guys down by about half a step. The final score should be 14-17 points in our favor. If I'm wrong and our guys walk out on the field expecting to collect their victory and go home, some of the upset scenarios on other parts of this board become very doable.

Granted, it would be stupid for any opposing coach to run down the head coach of his next opponent. Having said that, Dabo didn't have to "find" nice things to say about Dino Babers. From the day Babers was hired, I haven't heard anyone, anywhere say anything negative about him or his ability to coach. That is unusual considering the large number of know it all "experts" we have littering talk radio, television and the internet these days.

Do I think Clemson is going to win this game? I do - but it's not because I think Syracuse is going to be completely outclassed or that anyone on your team is going to roll over for us. Our team doesn't think they've played a complete game yet. With the bye week coming up, I expect our guys to leave it all on the field Friday night. I see a close game until depth and speed wears your guys down by about half a step. The final score should be 14-17 points in our favor. If I'm wrong and our guys walk out on the field expecting to collect their victory and go home, some of the upset scenarios on other parts of this board become very doable.

He get's into his players so that letdowns don't happen. That's why he is such a good coach.

So now we can feel better about losing to them?

Wait, the team w/ an absolutely unhinged coach that systematically molested other teams last year is a hard team to hate?

It's not like they're a public school in a state that saw fit to elect a senator who vocally spoke out against giving NY FEMA aid after hurricane Sandy (despite lobbying for it himself every other year).

Pray tell, what are your thoughts on Miami? Are they a loveable bunch of small business-supporting football enthusiasts who have an uncanny knack for finding money and negotiating great deals on cars?

Wait, the team w/ an absolutely unhinged coach that systematically molested other teams last year is a hard team to hate?

It's not like they're a public school in a state that saw fit to elect a senator who vocally spoke out against giving NY FEMA aid after hurricane Sandy (despite lobbying for it himself every other year).

Pray tell, what are your thoughts on Miami? Are they a loveable bunch of small business-supporting football enthusiasts who have an uncanny knack for finding money and negotiating great deals on cars?
What are u talking about?

Thought we were talking about a football game along with the teams and coaches involved.

When Dabo was hired and struggled his first year and then pulled out an incredible recruiting class at first I thought...there has to be some serious money being paid here to these HS players. And then...he showed he can coach and most importantly builds a quick relationship with his recruits and players with his personality. The guy knows what he is doing in many facets of the coaching game.

His team smacked down and embarrassed SU and HCDB last year. Now, we SU fans will see how far in a year this team has progressed vs the top of the bar.

He get's into his players so that letdowns don't happen. That's why he is such a good coach.
They have had let downs - BC was in the game until the 4th quarter. Wake didn't get a focused Tigers team, nor did we IMHO when they came here last time. They are talented and well coached, but like all kids they sometimes aren't totally putting out their A game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom