dabo says that FSU isn't really better than | Syracusefan.com

dabo says that FSU isn't really better than

That is his plea to the fine folks who run the Sugar Bowl.

Their response will be, win out, beat South Carolina especially, and we'll talk.

his tigers. Even after a 51-14 ass kicking at home. He says that if they played 10 times it would probably be 5 to 5. Hmmm I agree with that. I think if we played the tigers 10 times it would be 5 to 5 as well.

If you are going to attempt to "spin", try for something that is somewhat believable.

If you are going to attempt to "spin", try for something that is somewhat believable.
I wonder if you are the only person alive who didn't know I wasn't serious? I believe you are. Congrats.

I wonder if you are the only person alive who didn't know I wasn't serious? I believe you are. Congrats.

"Swinney said Tuesday after watching film of the 51-14 trouncing, he believes if the teams played 10 times, "We'd probably win five, they'd probably win five."

My response was to Dumbo's asinine assertion. Your sarcasm that SU would, similarly, beat Clemson 5/10 times was obvious.

Nonetheless, thanks for the congratulations.

Didn't know we already had an FSU fan gracing us with their presence. We are not worthy. ;)

As for the OP, I always thought Dabo wasn't the brightest bulb.

Like I said after our game with them: Dabo is arrogant and it will come back to bite them. I'm not sure it was the reason they loss this game - but it is the reason for the comments.

Say what you will about Shafer - but he gave them loads of credit after our game.

his tigers. Even after a 51-14 ass kicking at home. He says that if they played 10 times it would probably be 5 to 5. Hmmm I agree with that. I think if we played the tigers 10 times it would be 5 to 5 as well.

If the games were decided by coaching, and they played 100 times, FSU wins 110 times. Looking forward to the Clemson fans doing that math on a greasy Sonic bag. Wait, what?

Hey guys.
Me again. LOL

Was there live and in person and stayed until it was over and we sang the alma mater like always...but damn what a bad game.

FSU was certainly the better team, but they werent THAT much better. Clemson spotted them 17 points on 2 early turnover. And were then forced to play a different game, similarly FSU was able to blitz more and play much less cover 2 because they could take the chance and it worked.

I dont buy 5-5...but I told a friend Sunday who is a die hard FSU fan (before Dabo made his statement) IF these two teams played 10 times FSU probably wins 6 or 7 butt hey dont score 50 again.

Hey guys.
Me again. LOL

Was there live and in person and stayed until it was over and we sang the alma mater like always...but damn what a bad game.

FSU was certainly the better team, but they werent THAT much better. Clemson spotted them 17 points on 2 early turnover. And were then forced to play a different game, similarly FSU was able to blitz more and play much less cover 2 because they could take the chance and it worked.

I dont buy 5-5...but I told a friend Sunday who is a die hard FSU fan (before Dabo made his statement) IF these two teams played 10 times FSU probably wins 6 or 7 butt hey dont score 50 again.
I think Clemson has a nice football team, however your defense gives up way too many big plays...it showed against fsu ..though your right you guys did spot them 17..none the less you guys still give up a considerable amount of yardage against teams that are average if that...you played a stellar offense this time with a real fast defense and got shell shocked early and often..its ok though...clemson shouldn't lose another game the rest of season and still has a chance at a major bowl.

Too bad Clemson didn't have better showing, if they ran the table and all the other schools lost at least one game they may have had another shot at FSU again...oops, forgot only the SEC gets that loophole.

I think Clemson has a nice football team, however your defense gives up way too many big plays...it showed against fsu ..though your right you guys did spot them 17..none the less you guys still give up a considerable amount of yardage against teams that are average if that...you played a stellar offense this time with a real fast defense and got shell shocked early and often..its ok though...clemson shouldn't lose another game the rest of season and still has a chance at a major bowl.

I agree..however that is actually a trait sought after by Swinney.
He would rather a team hit a homerun quick and get the O back on the field than slow bleed them to death. The thought is, be the best conditioned athletes, run the offense at a break neck pace and in the end you will be able to dominate a tired D (see LSU...9 NFL draft pics..and they are laying on the ground with cramps in the 4th)

Again I hate that part of his philosophy but he would rather blitz and big reward or quick TD than play a more normal style...

Dabo just needs to shut up on this one. Your team got stomped at home. The right thing to say is, "FSU was much better than us in all phases of the game today. I think we're better than the final score indicates, but they were better than us."

As far as spotting them 17, I think FSU should be given credit for some of that. That hit on the TE (was that the first play of the game) was hard and perfectly timed. Boyd was clearly rattled by a better pass rush than he had seen all season. That, combined with the blanket coverage on his receivers, caused him to force some things. You get interceptions when you do that.

It's not as if FSU played mistake free. They put up 51 points and 565 yards despite 12 penalties for 104 yards. I'm sure some of those penalties negated some positive yardage on offense, so it could have been worse.

2871.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom