Damien Alford Grad Transferring to Utah | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Damien Alford Grad Transferring to Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fran ain't playing around. As he has said outside of the DART mantra wants kids that are committed that he can trust. One other thing in there too that I can't remember. Alford better off spending his last year somewhere else if he wasn't on board anyway, IMO.
Precisely. He’s not just preaching this stuff. He’s a big discipline guy. He knows most of these kids need it too.

Is it possible Damien was Benny the whole time?

a08fcf3f-6b3a-4613-8e87-954e53767df1_text.gif

never had confidence in Alford tbh. Never was a go to guy. Made some plays, but I like consistency in wide outs. I think we can upgrade with his available scholly.

Kind of strange that he deleted his announcement tweet from Thursday.

EDIT: I think what he did was he deleted his old Twitter profile (which included 'cuse') and created a new one.

the new on alford is really weird because I could swear I saw him in some of the spring work out videos. looked like he was putting in work, but maybe not up to the level Fran expects.

Kind of strange that he deleted his announcement tweet from Thursday.

EDIT: I think what he did was he deleted his old Twitter profile (which included 'cuse') and created a new one.

Forgot that he actually came in w/ Dino. Guess HCFB wants his own guy in that position.

I guess Thamel is walking back the "dismissed" part. Now the narrative is simply entering the portal again. who knows.

Fran ain't playing around. As he has said outside of the DART mantra wants kids that are committed that he can trust. One other thing in there too that I can't remember. Alford better off spending his last year somewhere else if he wasn't on board anyway, IMO.
Do you care? Is the question your missing (to go along with are you committed and can I trust you)

That goes for the majority of the WRs in the Babers Era. Outside of OG, all the decent ones were very early in Baber's tenure (Etta-Tawo, Ishmael, Erv Philips).
Yeah and 2 of those 3 were Shafer recruits and the third was a Grad Transfer.

With the fast offense, playing in a dome etc, I never could really understand why they struggled so much to bring in higher end high school WR talent. Ed Hendrix was supposed to be one of those guys but injuries got the best of him.

Last edited:
I’m sure it was communicated where he was with the program and what the expectations were. And I’d also be very confident that he knew his standing in real time. Discipline and structure are good things. Accountability, is a good thing.

We will be able to find other young men who can catch the football.

In my opinion, this is a good thing for the program long-term. And that has nothing to do with Damien.

I thought he blocked well during his time here.

Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

I know it’s Alford and not Alfred but I always imagined Michael Caine running the routes.

Sounds like he wasnt all in. Missing workouts and community work. Stuff like that.
I think the new staff is holding the players to a new standard.

Some will make the adjustment and be fine.

Some will not be comfortable with the higher expectations and requirements and go elsewhere.

Sounds like Damien was one of those players.

Nothing wrong with that. I wish him well wherever he ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom