Dancing in the Moonlight - incredible back story with a Syracuse/Cornell connection | Syracusefan.com

Dancing in the Moonlight - incredible back story with a Syracuse/Cornell connection

UnderHisOwnPower

Ask yourself, do I feel lucky?
I keep hearing Dancing in the Moonlight by Kings Harvest on Sirius 70s, and I'm happy about that. I love the song, it has a great bass line, and as a guitar player I wanted to learn how to play it. Whenever I learn a new song, I like to know the backstory too and found the following about DITML to be one of the more amazing stories with a CNY connection: written by Sherman Kelly from Ithaca. He wrote it while recovering from a vicious gang beating in St Croix in 1969, it helped him imagine a better place than the world of pain he was in for awhile after that. Undergrad from Cornell and Masters from Syracuse, Boffalongo was the local band that first performed it in CNY clubs.

Here is the only article you need on the subject: The traumatic experience that inspired the hit 'Dancing in the Moonlight' - The Vinyl Dialogues Blog

Rock on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom