Class of 2026 - Darien "Pay Day" Moore (NY) Verbal to Seton Hall | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 Darien "Pay Day" Moore (NY) Verbal to Seton Hall

I was hoping you'd go and share.. thanks. I didn't have high hopes for Potsdam in this one. They really weren't expected to do much this year to begin with but went on a little run to end the season.
I wanted to go tonight as I know I won't be around next weekend to watch CCHS in the state semi's and finals against tougher competition. And I won't be around the following weekend for the Federation games if CCHS keeps advancing.

Moore is only a freshman so he obviously will get stronger and maybe grow a little bit.

This is Class B which JG3 played. I saw five or six games of Joe's games. CCHS is much more of a team than Glens Falls was. I think Joe scored 50 everytime I saw him,including 60 once. On Glens Falls, Joe was everything. Teams would double or triple team Joe and he would still score 50.

Moore is not the volume shooter or scorer that Joe was but he still averaged over 24 ppg. One of his teammates will also play D1 and possibly a 2nd based on his future progression.

I'm hoping when I watch Moore next season, I see a lot more of him being able to create his own shot and the ability to create separation.

I wanted to go tonight as I know I won't be around next weekend to watch CCHS in the state semi's and finals against tougher competition. And I won't be around the following weekend for the Federation games if CCHS keeps advancing.

Moore is only a freshman so he obviously will get stronger and maybe grow a little bit.

This is Class B which JG3 played. I saw five or six games of Joe's games. CCHS is much more of a team than Glens Falls was. I think Joe scored 50 everytime I saw him,including 60 once. On Glens Falls, Joe was everything. Teams would double or triple team Joe and he would still score 50.

Moore is not the volume shooter or scorer that Joe was but he still averaged over 24 ppg. One of his teammates will also play D1 and possibly a 2nd based on his future progression.

I'm hoping when I watch Moore next season, I see a lot more of him being able to create his own shot and the ability to create separation.
Lowville got jobbed Joe's senior year.

If you know, you know, but I haven't seen anything that he is 17 years old.
He's 17. I heard it from someone on the staff of a school recruiting him. Heard it from another independent source too. His handlers are keeping that info low key.

He's 17. I heard it from someone on the staff of a school recruiting him. Heard it from another independent source too. His handlers are keeping that info low key.
Not doubting your sources but that would have meant he was held back two or three times.

If he's a really good ball player and finishes high school at 20 years old, he is going to skip college and go pro whether it be the NBA or overseas. With all the opportunities available now, there's no need for him or any player who struggles with school to go to college. Maybe we kick it old school just to be on the safe side - An offer with a half ass recruiting effort (now known as the JB).

Last edited:
If true isn't the the limit in New York still 19 for playing Scholastic Sports?
Does that apply to prep schools where guys sometimes go for an extra year to get ready for college ball? Or could he just go the GED route at 19? Seems like there is are always options or workarounds.

I was told exactly that. In the words of my source, "his recruitment will be weird ".
He should pick up lacrosse. He'd be your standard "class of 2026" recruit. :rolleyes:

I assume he will ride out the next couple of years at Catholic Central and then he'll either reclassify up a year or head to IMG, a New England Prep, or whatever the diploma mill/basketball factory du jour is.

Westhill got the payday today. Way to go Warrirors!

Westhill got the payday today. Way to go Warrirors!
Was at the game, working on the sidelines as a volunteer. Second time I've seen him; watched him vs. Glens Falls when he had a very strong all-around game. Today, he struggled, especially in the first half. Pay Day was defended by Westhill's point guard, a senior with outstanding lateral quickness and good upper body strength. It was a perfect decision by Coach Kevin King (yes, as many of you know, it is that Kevin King of Cuse lore). The Warriors' defender was quick enough to stay in front of Pay Day and strong enough to not yield much ground in the lane. Pay Day was clearly frustrated, committing several turnovers and making some poor decisions with his shot selection in the first two quarters. At halftime, he had only 6 points, and it was clearer in this contest that his handle was not always tight enough to beat a higher quality defender. The second half was much better as he was able to get free, particularly in transition, and he scored 23 points in the final two quarters. (But it should be pointed out that he hit a 3 at the third-quarter buzzer from well beyond the arc, and he added another 3 on the final horn that was maybe a few steps just over half court.) I don't have any other stats, but I will say he was not nearly as impressive as when I saw him vs. Glens Falls. Again, small sample size, but this game only confirmed that he needs to be playing against better competition than the B's - although I do know he plays for the City Rocks in the AAU circuit, which certainly doesn't hurt. But if he is 16 or 17, as has been speculated upon in this thread, his best choice would still be to go the prep-school route. I spoke with a long-time Section 2 coach who maintains that Pay Day remains the best player in the section, but Section 2 in general - and for sure this year - does not necessarily have the top public high-school talent in the state. Obviously, it will be interesting to see what transpires with regard to Pay Day's future.

Recap of
Was at the game, working on the sidelines as a volunteer. Second time I've seen him; watched him vs. Glens Falls when he had a very strong all-around game. Today, he struggled, especially in the first half. Pay Day was defended by Westhill's point guard, a senior with outstanding lateral quickness and good upper body strength. It was a perfect decision by Coach Kevin King (yes, as many of you know, it is that Kevin King of Cuse lore). The Warriors' defender was quick enough to stay in front of Pay Day and strong enough to not yield much ground in the lane. Pay Day was clearly frustrated, committing several turnovers and making some poor decisions with his shot selection in the first two quarters. At halftime, he had only 6 points, and it was clearer in this contest that his handle was not always tight enough to beat a higher quality defender. The second half was much better as he was able to get free, particularly in transition, and he scored 23 points in the final two quarters. (But it should be pointed out that he hit a 3 at the third-quarter buzzer from well beyond the arc, and he added another 3 on the final horn that was maybe a few steps just over half court.) I don't have any other stats, but I will say he was not nearly as impressive as when I saw him vs. Glens Falls. Again, small sample size, but this game only confirmed that he needs to be playing against better competition than the B's - although I do know he plays for the City Rocks in the AAU circuit, which certainly doesn't hurt. But if he is 16 or 17, as has been speculated upon in this thread, his best choice would still be to go the prep-school route. I spoke with a long-time Section 2 coach who maintains that Pay Day remains the best player in the section, but Section 2 in general - and for sure this year - does not necessarily have the top public high-school talent in the state. Obviously, it will be interesting to see what transpires with regard to Pay Day's future.
Thanks for the update. I'm impressed hearing about the two long threes he made as he really isn't known to be a great three point shooter. Here is the recap from the TU.

Will he? I hear he's a 17 year old freshman.
In NYS, there is a maximum age of 19 to be eligible to play high school ball. If it’s true that he’s already 17, he won’t be able to play high school ball in NYS definitely by his senior year, in fact, depending on his birthday it could be his junior year. Prep school has to be in his near future, I would think.

NEW YORK STATE STUDENT-ATHLETE ELIGIBILITY​

1. Age and Grade: According to the regulations of the NYS Commissioner of Education,, a pupil shall be eligible for senior high athletic competition in a sport during each of four consecutive seasons of such sport commencing with the pupil’s entry into the 9th grade and prior to graduation, except as otherwise provided in the Athletic Placement Process. The Athletic Placement Process permits pupils in the 7th and 8th grades to compete in senior high school competition provided that they meet the standards of the program. A pupil shall be eligible for interschool competition in grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 until his/her 19th birthday. A pupil who attains the age of 19 years on or after July 1 may continue to participate during the school year in all sports.

In NYS, there is a maximum age of 19 to be eligible to play high school ball. If it’s true that he’s already 17, he won’t be able to play high school ball in NYS definitely by his senior year, in fact, depending on his birthday it could be his junior year. Prep school has to be in his near future, I would think.

NEW YORK STATE STUDENT-ATHLETE ELIGIBILITY​

1. Age and Grade: According to the regulations of the NYS Commissioner of Education,, a pupil shall be eligible for senior high athletic competition in a sport during each of four consecutive seasons of such sport commencing with the pupil’s entry into the 9th grade and prior to graduation, except as otherwise provided in the Athletic Placement Process. The Athletic Placement Process permits pupils in the 7th and 8th grades to compete in senior high school competition provided that they meet the standards of the program. A pupil shall be eligible for interschool competition in grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 until his/her 19th birthday. A pupil who attains the age of 19 years on or after July 1 may continue to participate during the school year in all sports.
If he's as good as advertised, he should be playing at a prep school and why wait until you can't play for your local high school, make the jump next year. The high school competition at the level he plays is not preparing him for his next step.

If he's as good as advertised, he should be playing at a prep school and why wait until you can't play for your local high school, make the jump next year. The high school competition at the level he plays is not preparing him for his next step.
Especially if he is older as some have said.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom