Darius Bazley-remember him? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley-remember him?

He could get 10 mins here and there spelling JB3 imo

Yeah, and we're seeing the 'finished product' after a year of training, then already a full year in the NBA prior to this one.

What would we have gotten outta him as a true Frosh here, 3 seasons ago??

Prolly not a ton, because JB only plays 7.5 guys, and Bazley would have been not ready. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and we're seeing the 'finished product' after a year of training, then already a full year in the NBA prior to this one.

What would we have gotten outta him as a true Frosh here, 3 seasons ago??

Prolly not a ton, because JB only plays 7.5 guys, and Bazley would have been not ready. :rolleyes:
Doesn’t understand the defense

He probably would’ve played center too.

The way that Boehiem has coached non-shooters the past few years, It would have been interesting to see what would have happened with Bazley or any top 10 recruit who isn't a natural or good shooter, but need to shoot to help raise his NBA stock.

1644165143632.jpeg

i think Bazley could easily have put up winfred walton type numbers had he showed up on campus.

What's nuts is, what should've screwed him may have made him much more money than if he attended here. We'll never know but crazy.
per sportrac he's made 12 million dollars in his career. Not bad for a guy who was called out by a lot of people here for ruining his future by not attending.

Watching March madness every year must sting a little for him. Happy he is wealthy because that was risky.

Watching March madness every year must sting a little for him. Happy he is wealthy because that was risky.
why? In all likelyhood he was going to play in one tournament. For some reason I think he was just fine cashing million dollar checks.

So if he would have attended Cuse, the angry agent would have shown the receipts to the NCAA and Darius would have been ruled ineligible either before the season or right before we would have gone on an incredible FInal Four run!

Dirty, dirty, dirty, with no regard for the kid or his development as a person.
But...this model must have worked so well that it's become the law of the land.
I have really come to hate the current environment of college athletics. :(

Dirty, dirty, dirty, with no regard for the kid or his development as a person.
But...this model must have worked so well that it's become the law of the land.
I have really come to hate the current environment of college athletics. :(
I see so many half truths in what he said, who knows.

So instead of shady agents trying to pick off high school stars we’re now living in a world of NIL and portals and tampering with existing players. I can’t tell which is worse. All I know is if there’s money involved it will always lead to backdoor influence.