Darius Commisiong commits to GT | Syracusefan.com

Darius Commisiong commits to GT

CuseLegacy

per ESPN.

Defensive tackle Darius Commissiong (Forestville, Md./Bishop McNamara) has committed to play for Georgia Tech, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.

The 6-foot-2, 295-pound prospect selected Georgia Tech over scholarship offers from Boston College, UMass, Maryland, Duke, East Carolina, North Carolina State, North Carolina, Wake Forest, Syracuse, Virginia, Iowa and Purdue.

“[Defensive coordinator Al Groh] told me everything I need to hear to make me want to go there – it’s a good school academically and I fit in well with the defensive scheme there,” Commissiong said.

I don't think we will ever land a kid from that school

Thought we had a decent chance with him. Is that the school that Bryce Bevill coaches at?

Beville does coach there and we're still in it for Milan Collins. He's being recruited as a QB/Athlete.

I don't believe we're going to take 2 QB's in the class - mainly because of the limited # of ships and needs elsewhere, but my personal thought is that if we do take a 2nd QB in this class it'll be an athlete who can play other positions. Collins fits that mold.

Beville does coach there and we're still in it for Milan Collins. He's being recruited as a QB/Athlete.

I don't believe we're going to take 2 QB's in the class - mainly because of the limited # of ships and needs elsewhere, but my personal thought is that if we do take a 2nd QB in this class it'll be an athlete who can play other positions. Collins fits that mold.

Roland Grimes is also a former guidance counselor at the school.

Milan does like us and probably are best shot to get someone out of there this cycle (Collins as likely safety in college).

Roland Grimes is also a former guidance counselor at the school.

Milan does like us and probably are best shot to get someone out of there this cycle (Collins as likely safety in college).

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Grimes have a lot of negative things to say about the program a few years back?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Grimes have a lot of negative things to say about the program a few years back?

I can't say 100%, but think it was him who said some negative SU stuff on a recruiting trip they took up to campus a few yrs ago.

Some of us with long memories might have negative things to say about him.

So our QBs in 2013 will be
Loeb (will never play a snap/graduating end of the year)
Kinder (probably will move to another position)
Broyld (can he learn the offense in time)
Hunt (best shot at starter)
Wilson (true frosh)

We need to take another QB. We need it more than any other position outside of Linebacker and Guard

Looks like he made it through his redshirt freshman year at GT and then was asked to leave.

Commissiong was dismissed from the team in July 2014 for a violation of Georgia Tech's student-athlete code of conduct.

Darius Commissiong Bio - RamblinWreck.com

did he just kill a dog ?ironic given last reply from bevosu. (see dog with his handle)

did he just kill a dog ?ironic given last reply from bevosu. (see dog with his handle)
North Carolina has strengthened their laws against animal cruelty.
NC Gov. Perdue Signs Susie’s Law | Animal Law Coalition

The law, S.B. 254, Susie’s Law, raises the penalty for anyone who "maliciously" kills or causes to be killed an animal by "intentional deprivation of necessary sustenance".

The new law also makes this crime a Class H felony. It is currently a Class A misdemeanor. G.S. 14-360(a1)

Also, under GS 14-360(b) any person who would "maliciously torture, mutilate, maim, cruelly beat, disfigure, poison, or kill, or cause or procure to be tortured, mutilated, maimed, cruelly beaten, disfigured, poisoned, or killed, any animal" is now guilty of a Class H felony instead of the current Class I felony.

Just????

According to the Greenville, North Carolina, Police Department, officers responded to a report of a possible disturbance early Friday morning. Upon entry into the apartment, the officers found a deceased one-year-old Shih Tzu on the premises.

The police report stated that, following a necropsy, officers from Animal Protective Services discovered the dog suffered three cracked ribs; hemorrhaging in the abdomen, left eye and brain; fractured teeth; a fractured femur; and a ruptured liver that was the result of trauma.