David Walker/Terry Richardson | Syracusefan.com

David Walker/Terry Richardson

hburgcuse

Walk On
Within the past 2 days, 2 of SU's former star Running Backs have left (or been let go) from their NFL jobs as RB coaches. David Walker was with the Colts and Terry Richardson was with the Jags.

In addition to their Syracuse roots, both have ties to the state of Florida.
Terry Richardson is a Florida native, coached at his High School in Florida, and was "Florida recruiting coordinator" for THE U.
David Walker's first coaching job was at Miami's Carol City High School.

Is there any chance SU has room (financially and physically) to put 1 of these guys on staff?
Maybe give them some type of "Offensive Quality Control" or "Run Game Coordinator" title?

Within the past 2 days, 2 of SU's former star Running Backs have left (or been let go) from their NFL jobs as RB coaches. David Walker was with the Colts and Terry Richardson was with the Jags.

Terry Richardson is a Florida native, coached at his High School in Florida, and was "Florida recruiting coordinator" for THE U.

Is there any chance SU has room (financially and physically) to put 1 of these guys on staff?
Maybe give them some type of "Offensive Quality Control" or "Run Game Coordinator" title?
You need an opening on the staff to fill a position. Both would be good fits, especially Terry Richardson, whose ties to Florida are top notch.

Do either of these guys have any desire to beg 17/18 yr old kids to come to their place of employment?

They should go after Richardson. Played here, coached at Uconn and Miami. NFL experience. "44" from Florida.

I don't think Walker would ever come back here, at least while Gross is here.

Agree. Richardson would be the better hire for recruiting purposes. Also agree that Walker wouldn't be coming back without a different A.D. and probably coach as well.

Do either of them have MAC experience?

No?

Sorry, not interested.
x0P1nENiJBaoNh1-45AeHfPZYdZFY2EXRRXsfo9ynqOzGOI8GuTwZtXLYqhYclY4QjuLxBaB7hiyhGq0XnidiiBWFIIto5bTQPEDVtJYXZKGa40FWHM=s0-d-e1-ft

Really surprised to hear about David Walker.

Maybe he is the fall guy for the poor Colts running game or the disappointing performance of Trent Richardson?

Last edited:

Is therEe any chance SU has room (financially and physically) to put 1 of these guys on staff?

I knew David Walker when he was in high school at Irondequoit, thru his sister, Denise. I was really close with her back in the 80's. I actuality saw her in Irondequoit Applebees, maybe a week before he was let go by the Colts. She told me that he would probably never come back to the college level, even if it was Syracuse. He HATES recruiting and all the extra traveling involved. She also told me how when he left Syracuse when Pasqualoni was fired and went to Pitt, he couldn't believe the difference in facilities and how Pitts facilities were so modern. He didn't realize how behind Syracuse really was. She also said something that I thought was incorrect, that when he was at Pitt, he didn't have to recruit or travel to recruit. I thought all coaches had to recruit and travel at the major college level. His time at Pitt was a real eye opener for him.

She also told me how happy he was with the Colts. I felt horrible when I heard a few days later that he had been let go. He's a good guy, and he comes from a good family.