Day 4 - the reckoning | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Day 4 - the reckoning

Day 4: look what’s going on in other towns! It’s not even their choice anymore, they’re being stolen!

E9B56A55-264C-479B-A3D6-446C9BE3173F.jpeg

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so I'll bring it up. Is it possible that these kids just want to get away from NYS and the restrictions? The fact that the Men's and Women's team are both losing a plethora of players tells me that this could absolutely be a factor. Whether you agree with how strict our state is or not, no college kid wants to be locked up all the time when you can go elsewhere with more freedoms.

Have we ever had a year with so much turnover?

The sad thing is, is that I don't think any of the players were forced to leave (due to graduation). I surmise that we've never had such a year, and will never have another such a year ever again.

I don't recall anything remotely close to this. It's not good when we were waiting on literally everyone with the exception of Buddy to let us know if they'll be back. I love college sports for the continuity, getting to see players develop and grow over the years.

The landscape has clearly changed and it's bona fide free agency. It makes it more difficult to feel an attachment to the team. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very much invested, but I long for the days of guys staying & waiting their turns, and not transferring out or "going pro" at the first sight of struggle or opportunity. I think this is why college football has surpassed college basketball as my number 1 favorite sport over the last 5-7 years.

Losing these players, especially Kadary, really hurts, no other way to spin that, if he stays I think we are a top 20 team next year. And I do agree with others that there are some issues with JB and his inability to relate, communicate and ultimate "coach" kids these days. But, and I know im going to get pounded for this, we should take a step back from the world is ending/this program is dead views and look at the positives that currently exist. I always found that to be a helpful exercise in difficult and darker times. First, what we have left are two seasoned guards and one of the better players in the conference in Buddy. While JG3 definitely has his weakness' he was playing better toward the end of the season and has an opportunity to improve during the off season. We also have a 5* recruit coming in who should be an upgrade over what Braswell & Griffin, imho. Edwards really started to play well come the end of the year and could be a nice piece with some off season work. We will see what happens with Quincy and his pro prospects. IF, he does return we are in decent shape. Finally, there are a million kids in the portal, and some nice players available. And we still are Syracuse, a team who just made the sweet 16 for the 7th time in 12 years with a HOF basketball coach. We will get some decent players to transfer in who will fit the system. If Braswell can get the amount of burn he did (no offense to BBBB he's a nice player but has a limited skill set for a 3rd yr player) we can find someone to fill that type of roll. Ultimately we will field a team, who will compete because, for as much as I have to admit, JB gets his teams ready come year end (and I am faaaar from a JB apologist).
That said, I feel the pain that everyone here does as a fan, and im not happy that this program isnt where it was in the 80's & 90's when I went to games as a kid, or in the 2000's when I was a student on the Hill. And im not satisfied with where things are now, and this program has work a head of it to get better. But we will field a competitive team, we will have a winning season, probably make the tourny again (gonna get some fun reply's on that comment lol) next year, and we will all be there cheering them on.
Quincy's return changes the outlook quite a bit. Assuming Benny can play and Jr isn't getting 35 minutes (I personally think JBs plan is no Q or Griff, leaving all PT for his son).

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, so I'll bring it up. Is it possible that these kids just want to get away from NYS and the restrictions? The fact that the Men's and Women's team are both losing a plethora of players tells me that this could absolutely be a factor. Whether you agree with how strict our state is or not, no college kid wants to be locked up all the time when you can go elsewhere with more freedoms.
The restrictions are all over the place, other than the deep south, and things will change back close to normal by next fall.

The restrictions are all over the place, other than the deep south, and things will change back close to normal by next fall.
Is that a fact or your conjecture? If it’s not set in stone, why risk it?

Is that a fact or your conjecture? If it’s not set in stone, why risk it?
Vaccines are out and its March, you don't think the restrictions will be lifted by fall? People are already going back to dining and sporting events.

I mean, what’s left now?

Everybody assumes Marek (Euro pro) and CDB (potato knees) are done here, since this woulda been their last year in any non-pandemic season anyway.

Griffin is gone.
Whether he likes it or not.

Woody is gone, and has been for months.

Seems more and more like Woody & Kadary have poisoned the well with Frank, so I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he returns.
But not holding my breath.

(He’s got a clear shot at minutes, and possibly starting next year, but -
SHINY NEW THINGS!!!
ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT!!!)

Need to Pound The Portal assuming Q won’t return.
Because he probably won’t.
But even if he does, it’s clear we’ll have an open scholarship (or five) available for him.

Guess we’re all waiting to hear what Chazz Owens decides?

Because that’s the hard-hitting info I come here for.

you do realize we will get numerous transfers in, right?

Its so bizarre to me that people are stuck on the outgoing... when there are going to be 2,000 kids looking for new homes.

Wasn't that the forecast for Syracuse about 300 days out of the year? Lol. Can't say I miss living there.

no. its snows a lot in syracuse. but its been 70 and sunny like 5 times in march. Golf season has been wide open for 3 weeks.

300 days isnt even hyperbole. its just a weird false insult to throw at a place you once called home.

Keep reading that some people believe Jim Boeheim jr is coming. Is this serious? Does anyone have a highlight tape if so?

AG likely coming back

Woody trending towards potentially coming back?

Absolutely nothing makes sense anymore, we’re all a part of an elaborate simulation

lol... everything is crazy. what kadary come back. and us get tre mitchell and jimmy b.

And the number of new cases is increasing at an unpleasant rate.
Not everyone has been vaccinated, if someone is making their career decision on what place has the lighter Covid restrictions, its not very smart.

AG likely coming back

Woody trending towards potentially coming back?

Absolutely nothing makes sense anymore, we’re all a part of an elaborate simulation
Fo reals?

Fo reals?
Zags thinks AG’s back, which was posted in his thread. So that at least increases the likelihood.

with Q and Braswell currently out the door, and radio silence, that puts Woody at a .001% chance of coming back to maybe a 5% lol

Quincy's return changes the outlook quite a bit. Assuming Benny can play and Jr isn't getting 35 minutes (I personally think JBs plan is no Q or Griff, leaving all PT for his son).

Based on what? Is the premise that he sabotaged Carey and Goodine so Buddy could play all the minutes?

Buddy plays because he can generate points, that's why he's on the court.

The sun will come out tomorrow :)
And that is the reality, isn't it? :) Nobody will change how JAB coaches the team, not even Juli. lol So its time for all us long time 'Cuse fans and supporters to move past the angry phase and into acceptance. The only way this changes is when JAB retires(ha!) or something(God forbid) catastrophic happens. You also(as if this needs to be said) cannot control what a student athlete wants or thinks. The transfer portal allows for both parties to part amicably. Can we just establish some kind of "New Orange Orientation Training"?! In this training it could be explained, from top to bottom, what it means to be a fan of the program. It could also spare the freshly grown Orange the anguish of the 2-3 vs man debate, the length of the bench debate, the what it means to be "Boeheimed" debate. In short, what you should just accept now and get on with it! Oh and, of course, the rich history of the Orange dynasty! That or we can just continue with the weeping and gnashing of teeth. The sadistic joy of internet message boards and Twitter! :rolleyes:

I'm actually a bit more shocked at 10 people leaving the women's program. That leads me to believe it's something other than the coaches unless both are horrible people which I doubt. Is it the environment on the hill? The weather? The housing facilities? Pandemic just have everyone thinking grass is greener elsewhere? Bizarre if you ask me.

Not everyone has been vaccinated, if someone is making their career decision on what place has the lighter Covid restrictions, its not very smart.
And not everyone will be vaccinated. If 25% decline the jab (a reasonable estimate right now), this virus will continue to circulate. And they don't know yet how long the vaccine will protect.

Zags thinks AG’s back, which was posted in his thread. So that at least increases the likelihood.

with Q and Braswell currently out the door, and radio silence, that puts Woody at a .001% chance of coming back to maybe a 5% lol
This is in zag's (i am assuming adam zagoria?) cuse post updated today.

**Junior forward Alan Griffin (13.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg) is also expected to leave, while senior Marek Dolezaj (9.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.1 apg) is also moving on, sources said.

This is in zag's (i am assuming adam zagoria?) cuse post updated today.

**Junior forward Alan Griffin (13.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg) is also expected to leave, while senior Marek Dolezaj (9.8 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.1 apg) is also moving on, sources said.

Both par for the course with expectations, no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom