Day Eleven Fall Camp: Fri., August 11, 2017 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Day Eleven Fall Camp: Fri., August 11, 2017

Scrimmage recap from SU Ath website: #CuseCamp17: Scrimmage I Recap

Dungey: 4 TD's (two to Custis)
Evan Foster: Fumble recovery on first play (he's with the 1's then)
Berry: 1.5 sacks

Some other interesting notes:

No mention of TD. Wonder what unit he rotated in with.
Perkins with a couple long runs - a result of good oline play or defensive line issues
Markenzie in with 2nd an 3rd string.
Oh, and Justin Ellis making an impact. Baber's got a steal.

Some other interesting notes:

No mention of TD. Wonder what unit he rotated in with.
Perkins with a couple long runs - a result of good oline play or defensive line issues
Markenzie in with 2nd an 3rd string.

Haha kind of worrisome

Bradshaw stripped Custis on the very 1st play (likely a swing pass). Looks like Scoop is with the 1s at CB. Not sure whether to be excited for his development or concerned that Grad Transfer Butler, or maybe Martin haven't unseated him. I was hoping to possibly give Scoop & Carl Jones the redshirts they should've taken last year. Not bad for a kid that was presumed by some to be part of a "package" deal with Culpepper when he committed.

Seems like Dino is giving incumbent starters that are fighting for their spots the first chance?

Last edited:
Probably too soon to jump to conclusions but sounds like heading in the direction of a redshirt year. Nothing wrong with that, if it's the case.

We are a QB deep team. Give him a year to learn the system and physically develop.

Td only 5 pass plays mostly runs don't ask me why
Just spitballin' here...Maybe word has gotten out that you're leaking like a sieve to this board...so he's jamming you...disinformation, that's all it is...[takes off tin foil hat]...Ok, I'll show myself out now...

And by week 3 when Custis is still not making an impact, we will be wondering where he disappeared. Time for this guy to take his pre-season promise into the real season.

We are a QB deep team. Give him a year to learn the system and physically develop.
Only the coaches know, but unless he's head and shoulders above the other backups with regards to giving us a chance to win, if ED went down, you redshirt. If it's a Peyton Manning situation where the starter goes down early in the season and TD is the clear next best option, he plays. I hope we have all the right reasons to forget about any QB that is not ED this year.

And by week 3 when Custis is still not making an impact, we will be wondering where he disappeared. Time for this guy to take his pre-season promise into the real season.
Last year was the first chance he had and he got hurt. It's too early to be down on him. Qadry Ismail wasn't a fulltime starter until his junior year.

Remember last year when the offense scored 13 TD's in a scrimmage? Was that Spring or Summer last year? Maybe the defense has gotten better.

Bradshaw stripped Custis on the very 1st play (likely a swing pass). Looks like Scoop is with the 1s at CB. Not sure whether to be excited for his development or concerned that Grad Transfer Butler, or maybe Martin haven't unseated him. I was hoping to possibly give Scoop & Carl Jones the redshirts they should've taken last year. Not bad for a kid that was presumed by some to be part of a "package" deal with Culpepper when he committed.
Liked Bradshaw's HS tape much better than Culpepper

Last year was the first chance he had and he got hurt. It's too early to be down on him. Qadry Ismail wasn't a fulltime starter until his junior year.

Fair. I've never been down on him. I love his size and measurables but he's never done anything in games. Hopefully, this is his breakout year. This staff may have a better idea how to amplify his skill set. Guys like him could be extremely effective in the red zone at the very least.

Wish we had some to challenge Mcgloster
That's a huge question that hasn't really been discussed. Who plays tackle if there's an injury? Is it Heckel or Servais, or can someone else do the job?

That's a huge question that hasn't really been discussed. Who plays tackle if there's an injury? Is it Heckel or Servais, or can someone else do the job?
Isn't Clark behind him? He's a RS Freshman, so maybe he'll compete for playing time by the middle of the season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom