Class of 2020 - DB Aamir Hall (MD) Portal from Albany | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DB Aamir Hall (MD) Portal from Albany

He has to prove it on the field before he'll be drafted to do it in the NFL.

As awesome as he looked regarding range, getting pics and some nice tackles he also lunged at some tackles too soon when he was in the open field with a man coming straight at him. That scared me a bit. I like the change. It might be the best fit. Good luck getting off the line of scrimmage lining up against him.

With Grant at CB it allows Chestnut to play at safety. Probably the best spot for him as well. Gives us another safety with really good cover skills, who can tackle well and make plays on the ball.

I really like both Barnes and Ibn and think they could be ready to make significant contributions at CB midway into the season. Just a little concerned about experienced talent to start the season with Grant not having any experience playing there.

I think we'll likely have at least one CB and S out at almost all times during the season. Its football. injuries will happen. We need depth. I like our starters at safety but we seem thin considering 3 play at a time. Adding a guy like Hall make sense. Good versatility and I think he would play a lot of snaps.
Barnes is here now and showed well in the AA bowl against some top tier talent. He's going to have every opportunity to be part of the CB rotation from Day 1.

It's unfortunate like Ross that McDaniels wasn't able to enroll early.

This staff might be the best we've ever had at assessing secondary skill sets. Who knows, but the measureables support the move: Clark is a little faster and Hall, while not as quick, is a little bigger (6-1 186 vs 6-2 195). The switch would help with durability since at CB Clark wouldn't have as much run support responsibilty.
Clark is staying at safety.

Clark is staying at safety.
I was able to listen to a session with Coach Brown last night . The moves are made. chestnut is playing safety and Grant is a DB. Loves Grants length at DB and his speed. Chestnut a super heady player but not quick enough for DB. Clark is safety and Barron is the nickel/star/rover . Having this set up allows our defense to stay on the field in numerous scenarios and makes it difficult for offensives to out scheme us. Barnes was called out for being on campus and making an impact immediately. Apparently they have a leadership committee and Barnes is the only Frosh voted on it. He will play a lot.

Cuse!

I was able to listen to a session with Coach Brown last night . The moves are made. chestnut is playing safety and Grant is a DB. Loves Grants length at DB and his speed. Chestnut a super heady player but not quick enough for DB. Clark is safety and Barron is the nickel/star/rover . Having this set up allows our defense to stay on the field in numerous scenarios and makes it difficult for offensives to out scheme us. Barnes was called out for being on campus and making an impact immediately. Apparently they have a leadership committee and Barnes is the only Frosh voted on it. He will play a lot.

Cuse!
Moreso, having a 4 star Frosh play immediately is going to be a great example the staff can show other big time recruits about not having to wait around for Year 2, Year 3.

You have to admit though, it is pretty funny that we bring in an All MAC safety to play corner and an All AA FCS corner to play safety :D
iasip-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia.gif

Just watched Hall's film. He likes to hit and he has good zone eyes. That translates well to safety. I dont think he has the hips and speed to run with acc wr's. That can be an issue if they play a lot of man on the outside.

Last edited:

Cuse!
By DB, I assume you mean CB. If we have Clark, Barron, Duce, and Hall at S, someone is not starting.

Cuse!
CB or DB, CBDB or CBD or THC?

Could they be cross training the kids or at a minimum getting a look at them this spring in different roles before they finalize their positions.
They may be but dont think its a great idea. U need every rep u can get to improve at 1 spot, imagin 2 or 3 different spots. It definetly didnt work for our oline. It takes time and reps to know what each kid does or doesnt due. Reps are vitaly important.

Just watched Hall's film. He likes to hit and he has good zone eyes. That translates well to safety. I dont think he has the hips and speed to run with acc wr's. That can be an issue if they play a lot of man on the outside.
His average number of tackles per game from the CB position is impressive. Seems like a trait of a safety.

This looks like it would be a great get, but man I wish we had been able to nab that other guy from Albany. What was his name again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom