Class of 2024 - DB Clinton Robinson (PA) Flipped to Kent St | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Clinton Robinson (PA) Flipped to Kent St

We got some dogs coming in for visits this weekend at CB/S, I think we are upgrading, no offense to this commit. Good luck to him and his future endeavors.
Feel bad for the kids this happens to but what can you do? If he comes now he'll likely have a pretty hard time finding PT. Hope he has another good opportunity.

1 on 1 Conversations are likely occurring this week with the team and recruits

I would suspect this was us telling him, thanks, but no thanks….
With all the talent we have visiting at DB this weekend I think you’re definitely right. Feel bad for the kid of course but this is likely the best move for both. I hope he lands in a good spot.

With all the talent we have visiting at DB this weekend I think you’re definitely right. Feel bad for the kid of course but this is likely the best move for both. I hope he lands in a good spot.

Yup tough.

Real tough conversation to have…..

Hey kid I know you had your heart set on Syracuse but unfortunately, I just don’t see it working for us

Has to be tough as a coach to break their hearts like that

Unfortunately, nature of the the beast

What I am REALLY taking this to mean is that these 4 star visits are truly more than shot in the dark dart throws... the staff actually expects some of these guys to be here.

Yeah I would think they’re really confident they will upgrade the position because as okay as our recruiting has been, he looked like a solid pickup.

There may be a talent-level discrepancy leading to some of these decommitments, but another thing I’ve noticed with a couple of these recruits, and Caden Brown could be another in that vein, is HCFB stated he would rather have bigger guys that could get leaner than leaner guys who had to gain weight/bulk. Just a thought.

Coach Fran is burning bridges so to speak and he seems confident he can get what he projects to be a better prospect.

Tough business and good luck Clinton, hope you find a good place to land.

Coach Fran is burning bridges so to speak and he seems confident he can get what he projects to be a better prospect.

Tough business and good luck Clinton, hope you find a good place to land.
He was the DB coach at Georgia and the #1 recruiter in the country - one thing I'm pretty confident on is that he knows DB talent and has a good feel for who projects to be a contributor at this level or not. Is he going to be 100% right? Heck no. But this isn't the usual "Trust the Coaches" mantra. He's about as good as they come when it comes to talent assessment for DB's at this level.

He was the DB coach at Georgia and the #1 recruiter in the country - one thing I'm pretty confident on is that he knows DB talent and has a good feel for who projects to be a contributor at this level or not. Is he going to be 100% right? Heck no. But this isn't the usual "Trust the Coaches" mantra. He's about as good as they come when it comes to talent assessment for DB's at this level.

I don't disagree, Coach is putting his mouth where his money is.

Fran Must be concerned about the DB position because he has offered three in his first week on the job.

With the number of offers/official visits this week I have to believe we are going to see quite a few de-commits and players entering the portal.

Fran Must be concerned about the DB position because he has offered three in his first week on the job.

With the number of offers/official visits this week I have to believe we are going to see quite a few de-commits and players entering the portal.

Remember that this is the position he has coached the most and has the most experience with so he clearly knows exactly what he is looking for. DB is the least of my concerns with this team moving forward if any position is going to get fixed ASAP I assume it will be the DBs

And he should be. If you are going to commit to stopping the run, you absolutely need DBs with high end coverage skills. This was a team weakness - at CB and S.

The next area will be focusing on size (DT) and pass rush on the DL.

He has been hammering DL and DB, so as of now must be less concern with LB.

Need some of those new offensive side of the ball coaches pushing for their guys. Hope they're here soon.
Well we know he has targeted WR, and at least one potential difference making RB

OL may end up waiting on his dude to arrive on scene