Class of 2023 - DB Cruce Brookins (PA) Verbal to Pitt | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DB Cruce Brookins (PA) Verbal to Pitt

CRUCE BROOKINS 2023 STEEL VALLEY HS, MUNHALL, PA KENT STATE VERBAL
#7 QB/CB 6' 2" 180 STATS 2022:
PASS 35-69 711 YDS - 7 TDS, RUSH 1,625 YDS - 33 TDS 123 CARRIES, 30 TCKLS 16 SOLO, 6 INT, 6 PBU, 1 PR FOR TD

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:
FAST
EXC JUKE MOVES/FOOTWORK
GREAT VISION
SLIDES THRU HOLES THAT AREN"T THERE
FILM SHOWS HIM MAKING DEFENSE MISS EASILY
GREAT SKILLS ESP RUNNING

GREAT OFFER

Steel Valley football has been on Cruce control this season​

Cruce Brookins has led the Ironman to an undefeated season
  • BRENTARO YAMANE
  • NOV 16, 2022

MUNHALL, Pennsylvania – It’s no secret that Steel Valley football player Cruce Brookins has been ‘cruising’ so far in his senior year of high school football.
    The three-star Kent State football recruit has been making plays on both sides of the ball as the team’s starting quarterback and defensive back, which is what he is recruited to play in college.
    Brookins committed back in early August and for him being able to make a life-changing commitment and get it out of the way meant he could just focus on his senior season and on improving his game.
    “I picked Kent State because every time I went up there it felt like a family,” Brookins said. “It took a lot of stress off of me once I committed so I could just focus on the season.
    While Brookins’ future is on the defensive side of the ball, he is making the most of his opportunity to play offense at a high level. He is one of the biggest reasons why Steel Valley remains undefeated with a 10-0 record.
    “The way we are able to have each other’s back on the field has been big for us winning,” Brookins said. “I know my teammates are 100% behind me and how I lead this team on the field no matter what and I am 100% behind my teammates and what they do.”

Cruce uses the handle @cruceishim on Instagram, and opponents have tried to gameplan to stop ‘Him’ this season, with very little success.
    On the season, Brookins has rushed for 1,381 yards and 29 touchdowns, while averaging 15.2 yards per carry. He has also thrown for 625 yards and six touchdowns.
    Steel Valley is the only one of two football teams that are still in the WPIAL postseason with an undefeated record, along with Aliquippa.
    When a star player such as Cruce is helping a team stay undefeated, it’s hard to not notice as many people have been comparing his success and high level of play to other notable former Steel Valley football players such as Paris Ford, Jay Burt, Todd Hill, Dewayne Murray, Charlie Batch and others.
    “It feels great playing for a school in Steel Valley,” Brookins said. “It feels good to know my name is being added to a list with other great players that have gone through here.”

Cruce Brookins Steel Valley football

Except his position coach/coaches are still here and one or both of them may be promoted. They’re also the ones likely recruiting him so he probably doesn’t care.
Hope that is the case.

Hope that is the case.

Lol, I do too. Some wishful thinking in there on my part but Monroe is our big recruiter, coaching the bowl game and one of the position coaches. So unless he leaves I don’t feel like this will impact too much.

I don't see where he has visited anywhere since his decommitment from Kent St

So it stands to reason that we're not going to get good news December 21st.

That's why I asked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom