DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

Regardless of if he starts, he got his bag and a chance to play for a National Championship

Sure but these kids need to be smarter….

Jahad was heading for the draft and probably in the first 4 rounds at cuse

Sitting on the bench, as a third stringer isn’t going to put you in the NFL…..
Will wait and see how it plays out. But if this happens all year for Duce and Jahad, it’ll be a message to guys that transferring when you’re a starter is a very risky move.

It’s one thing for a guy line Linton - he was promised a different role, gained the weight and will be a stud. We knew that but hey, he didn’t see the field as much so I get it.

But starters? Questionable.

Will wait and see how it plays out. But if this happens all year for Duce and Jahad, it’ll be a message to guys that transferring when you’re a starter is a very risky move.

It’s one thing for a guy line Linton - he was promised a different role, gained the weight and will be a stud. We knew that but hey, he didn’t see the field as much so I get it.

But starters? Questionable.
I saw Linton listed as a LB in the starting lineups although he played standing up near the los as a rusher on the edge.

How big is Carter? This may have been his only chance to grab big dollars. We could use both he and Deuce obviously but it looks like we replaced both pretty easily.

How big is Carter? This may have been his only chance to grab big dollars. We could use both he and Deuce obviously but it looks like we replaced both pretty easily.
Well, Syracuse only played Colgate, a bottom 20 FCS team. I think the team has really good DBs but I wouldn’t say those two were “easily” replaced until syracuse plays a team with a pulse.

Exactly what I said all off season…..
That’s why Tucker didn’t bolt last year when six figure deals were being thrown his way. Credit his dad for seeing the big picture and realizing that one big bag doesn’t offset potential career earnings in the NFL. Not all kids have the advantage of that guidance. The health issue was unforeseen and certainly hurt, but even with that he is poised for a nice career and will be RB1 in Tampa by the end of the year.

Did i see somewhere that Carter had some family reasons for needing and taking the larger nil opportunity? If true, that immediate family needs played a role, then I would not mix Carter into the Duce discussion as to me the question as to "Why" someone leaves makes a difference.

When in a solid position any move needs to be extremely well thought out, researched and executed. I made one move in business that was short sighted and it cost me an enormous amount of money. I hope that this kid didn't ruin his opportunity to make the league.
Starting at Syracuse, getting reps, learning from a HOF defensive genius, leaving your friends for money and a larger school seems like it might have been a mistake.

Someone like Shrader leaving, or a non starter or a kid from a lower division. Those moves make sense to me. Giving up a Starting position on SU doesn't.

Some kids do not have the luxury of waiting for the NFL money and need to take what they can get
Sure looking at it now and not starting it looks terrible but we don't know if him and family desperately needed the money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom