Class of 2015 - DB Mohamed Barry (GA) Verbal to Nebraska | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DB Mohamed Barry (GA) Verbal to Nebraska

Wisconsin and USF are the schools who could grab him away from us, hopefully we can reel him in.

Wisky is our only real threat from what I understand ... I think his interest in USF is not nearly as strong.

His area recruiter for Wisconsin is their new RB coach. He was at Marshall when he gave Barry his first offer so there is a strong relationship there. I still think we are out front for now. Position could also come into play. They may want him at SS, a position he prefers at the next level.

TOS on twitter tonight

"2015 OLB/S Mohamed Barry has informed he he has decided not to release a top 5 tomorrow nor commit over the weekend after speaking w/ family"

Mohamed Barry‏@BarrySwavey 47m
I haven't spoken to app state coach but they offered
1f633.png

Mohamed Barry: This Loganville, Georgia, safety prospect received an offer from Wisconsin based on a good Hudl profile and the fact he came from Georgia. In fact, the Badgers were able to hold the lead for Berry. That being said, the conventional wisdom might be changing. The 247 Sports Crystal Ball is showing Syracuse gaining ground on Wisconsin, and it's definitely going to be a race that could heat up in the summer.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/201...ff-davante-davis-javarius-davis-mohamed-berry

Mohamed Barry: This Loganville, Georgia, safety prospect received an offer from Wisconsin based on a good Hudl profile and the fact he came from Georgia. In fact, the Badgers were able to hold the lead for Berry. That being said, the conventional wisdom might be changing. The 247 Sports Crystal Ball is showing Syracuse gaining ground on Wisconsin, and it's definitely going to be a race that could heat up in the summer.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/201...ff-davante-davis-javarius-davis-mohamed-berry

We are neck and neck with Wisky ... 247 doesn't know jack ... but I think we already knew that.

A LOT of Cuse talk in the Georgia High School football ranks down here because of this stuff ... its all good baby ... its all good. When Kamara got 100+ letters from Bama it was a big thing at the time ... sent the message that Bama was and will be forever big time ... people are now talking about SU, I would not be surprised if we become even more effective getting talent out of GA. It helps that guys like Kamara are also transfering out of some of these P5 schools due to burial on the depth chart ... when SU recruits in the same fashion these kids notice and its being talked about ... I know we even pursued Kamara at one point but the Norcross HS star was in love with his 100+ letters ... now he is looking for a new place to play. Almost wish we would reach out to him to gauge interest ... Norcross isn't all that far from Grayson where Barry is.

A LOT of Cuse talk in the Georgia High School football ranks down here because of this stuff ... its all good baby ... its all good. When Kamara got 100+ letters from Bama it was a big thing at the time ... sent the message that Bama was and will be forever big time ... people are now talking about SU, I would not be surprised if we become even more effective getting talent out of GA. It helps that guys like Kamara are also transfering out of some of these P5 schools due to burial on the depth chart ... when SU recruits in the same fashion these kids notice and its being talked about ... I know we even pursued Kamara at one point but the Norcross HS star was in love with his 100+ letters ... now he is looking for a new place to play. Almost wish we would reach out to him to gauge interest ... Norcross isn't all that far from Grayson where Barry is.

Don't be surprised if there is a trio from Grayson that is in play. A few things have to fall into place and SU might have to take a leap of faith on one. Some politics involved might be the ultimate determining factor unfortunately. Syracuse hats are now popping up in Grayson HS. Coach Shafer needs to have a presence down there aside from the assistant coaches... Keep you posted.

Last edited:
Don't be surprised if there is a trio from Grayson that is in play. A few things have to fall into place and SU might have to take a leap of faith on one. Some politics involved my be the ultimate determining factor unfortunately. Syracuse hats are now popping up in Grayson HS. Coach Shafer needs to have a presence down there aside from the assistant coaches... Keep you posted.

Well that has to wait for awhile T. No visits now off campus until July 1.

would imagine Syracuse points that stuff out. depth charts and transfers. kamara, malik brown etc.

Don't be surprised if there is a trio from Grayson that is in play. A few things have to fall into place and SU might have to take a leap of faith on one. Some politics involved my be the ultimate determining factor unfortunately. Syracuse hats are now popping up in Grayson HS. Coach Shafer needs to have a presence down there aside from the assistant coaches... Keep you posted.

I live in Hoschton about 20 mins from Grayson so I do pick up little tid bits here and there but I am not as into the Grayson squad as others ... my neighbor coaches at Norcross (Kamara and Autry) and I hear quite a bit ... plus the guy right next door played tight end at UGA back in the day ... I get to hear some juicy details LOL.

I am sure they do ... I can honestly say I have been living in GA since May 09 and have not seen as much Cuse gear as I have in the last year or so ...

that's cool. my cousins are transplanted new yorkers down there and live in gainseville (between gainseville and cumming) on the north side of lanier. they wear their syracuse gear all the time but married georgians so they have to wear bulldog stuff to. they tell me i should move down there to coach lacrosse. booming.

We were Kamara's first offer..

that's cool. my cousins are transplanted new yorkers down there and live in gainseville (between gainseville and cumming) on the north side of lanier. they wear their syracuse gear all the time but married georgians so they have to wear bulldog stuff to. they tell me i should move down there to coach lacrosse. booming.
lacrosse is really blowing up down here in the Atlanta area - you see it everywhere you go now

I'm only about 20 mins from Gainesville and was just up there last weekend ... SU will always be my home but I do love living down here ... and yes LAX is getting really big here.