DC | Syracusefan.com

DC

"Tyler Lydon has to play the four,'' Boeheim said. "He's not effective at the three. I thought Roberson gave us some good play and Taurean as well. If Tyler Lydon doesn't play the three, then Dajuan isn't going to play or one of those guys is not going to play.''

"He hasn't been good,'' Boeheim said. "His knees have been sore, but Lydon at the three doesn't help our team. We tried it tonight in the first half and we're not very functional with that lineup.''

"Andrew's also more effective at the three than he is at the two,'' Boeheim said. "That's really it.''

Jim Boeheim's search for a productive lineup: 'I don't think it matters who we play'

I don't disagree that Lydon, Thompson, and Roberson are your main 3 guys at the 4 and 5 if Roberson and Thompson are playing well.

I didn't think Thompson was all that good today though.

"Tyler Lydon has to play the four,'' Boeheim said. "He's not effective at the three. I thought Roberson gave us some good play and Taurean as well. If Tyler Lydon doesn't play the three, then Dajuan isn't going to play or one of those guys is not going to play.''

"He hasn't been good,'' Boeheim said. "His knees have been sore, but Lydon at the three doesn't help our team. We tried it tonight in the first half and we're not very functional with that lineup.''

"Andrew's also more effective at the three than he is at the two,'' Boeheim said. "That's really it.''

Jim Boeheim's search for a productive lineup: 'I don't think it matters who we play'
Why does TL at the 4 preclude DC from playing the 5? A much more informative answer is that he simply wants to play TT over DC at the 5, entirely

Why does TL at the 4 preclude DC from playing the 5? A much more informative answer is that he simply wants to play TT over DC at the 5, entirely

And who wouldn't? I'm sick of seeing DC get stuffed on half of his attempts, breaking the back board on missed layups and whining about ever foul he commits even when he pretty much tackled the guy.

For all the talk of not being very good in the zone, clearly he wants TT to play for his offense. D means very little to Thompson.

What's the difference between the 3 and 4 here? Both play the same role on D and we don't run anything on offense, so that doesn't matter.

If D.C. is too sore to play, fine, say that. It'd be hard to blame the kid. But it's sort of ridiculous to say Lydon can't play the 3 as the reason. We don't have a traditional 3 here.

And it's not like Andrew White can play the 3/4 defensively either, so...

here he goes again, throwing a program kid under the bus in favor of Andrew white. guess what coach, white isn't effective at the 2 or the 3. he is bad at both.

And who wouldn't? I'm sick of seeing DC get stuffed on half of his attempts, breaking the back board on missed layups and whining about ever foul he commits even when he pretty much tackled the guy.

He's shooting 55% from the field though.

I was surprised DC didn't play yesterday. He's actually had some decent games this year based on the minutes he played, albeit against some weaker teams. At least he was reasonably good at getting position in the post and had been able to score in there. However, I feel he hurts us somewhat on D as he does not have the "hops" to do the job really well. I suppose you could at least say he understands our zone. Just another question mark on this overall team.

TL's a big dude and not IMO super athletic. he ain't gonna last 38 -40 minutes a game. JB needs to find a way to rest him and DJC part of that equation

DC is the only toughness in the program. TT and TL are as soft as they come. The next time either of them score in traffic or power inside will be the first. Neither can produce against top tier players. TL is woefully out of shape and weak. He gets blown by in transition and has rebounds taken away every game. He's the most overrated player in SU's program in the past 10 years. He makes an occasional three, but what else does he do? Can you imagine either Thompson or Lydon ever playing for Jamie Dixon, Buzz Williams or Calipairi? It would never happen. They don't play hard or show enough toughness.

Last edited:
TL's a big dude and not IMO super athletic. he ain't gonna last 38 -40 minutes a game. JB needs to find a way to rest him and DJC part of that equation

Agreed, this is just another instance of Boeheim being uncomfortable managing his roster. Coleman's not one of the better players on the team, but he's got to take some minutes if only to get some rest for the big contributors.

Andrew White great shooter but can't do much else, very underwhelmed with his athleticism. Just doesn't seem to fit the mold or look like a Syracuse caliber player. When I think of a 2 or 3 at Syracuse I think of a versatile, athletic player.

DC is the only toughness in the program. TT and TL are as soft as they come. The next time either of them score in traffic or power inside will be the first. Neither can produce against top tier players. TL is woefully out of shape and weak. He gets blown by in transition and has rebounds taken away every game. He's the most overrated player in SU's program in the past 10 years. He makes an occasional three, but what else does he do? Can you imagine either Thompson or Lydon ever playing for Jamie Dixon, Buzz Williams or Calipairi? It would never happen. They don't play hard or show enough toughness.
Have to disagree about Lydon. He has done everything asked of him including playing a lot of ACC center minutes. Dont mistake humility with softness.

I would not say that he is soft but I would say that he lacks aggression.

What's the difference between the 3 and 4 here? Both play the same role on D and we don't run anything on offense, so that doesn't matter.

If D.C. is too sore to play, fine, say that. It'd be hard to blame the kid. But it's sort of ridiculous to say Lydon can't play the 3 as the reason. We don't have a traditional 3 here.

And it's not like Andrew White can play the 3/4 defensively either, so...
The difference is if Lydon is techinically the "3" that means Roberson is the 4. Which makes TT or DC the 5. I think JB is saying that if Lydon is the 3 and White is either out/playing the 2, the lane is too clogged offensively for Lydon with Robey and DC in the paint. It also limits us offensively if it's DC and Robey - those are basically 2 guy whos provide nothing offensively

Have to disagree about Lydon. He has done everything asked of him including playing a lot of ACC center minutes. Dont mistake humility with softness.

Lydon doesn't seem to have any coordination or practiced form around the basket. It's like he just chucks it up there, and often misses badly, instead of following through neatly. He''ll probably fine tune that over time, though.

Lydon has the same growth look that coon dog had. Bulked up in a bad way. I believe that TC strength regimen was partially responsible for his diminished shooting abilities. It looks like Lydon is suffering the same fate.

Jack Hall said:

He's basically saying he wants to use a 3 man rotation at the 4/5. Take Lydon away from the 3 and you have him, TT, Roberson and Coleman at the 4/5. He's gonna use 3 of them which he basically says when saying Coleman or one of those guys (TT/Roberson) aren't going to play.

Lydon has the same growth look that coon dog had. Bulked up in a bad way. I believe that TC strength regimen was partially responsible for his diminished shooting abilities. It looks like Lydon is suffering the same fate.

I think Lydon is out of shape, but this is a lazy opinion, without any factual backing. He's our leading rebounder, shot blocker, shoots 48% overall, and 44% from three. His numbers are up across the board from last year. So he may be out of shape, but the stats say he's better than last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom