DE Depth, PJ Batten?

Ottoble

Starter
Aaron PJ Batten: RS-JR 6'-3" 234

Has not Played at SU
HS SR: FL All State 2A DE, All Dade 5A-IND DE
Played varsity 4 years at DE
HS SR: 62T/12TFL/13Sacks/1INT/4 FR
Just switched in spring from LB to TE, Currently Last on Post Spring Depth chart.
HS Career 3 years at TE 17 Catches for 325 best year as a JR.

Thoughts considering the perceived lack of emphasis on TE in the new Offense and thin depth at DL?

Didn't partake in Spring Practice, has never seen the field at LB or at TE. Not sure what he'd have to contribute other than a warm body.

Think they would have done this already if they wanted him to. They already moved Dunkelberger.

PJ Batten I figure has to contribute on the field this Fall...or be asked to take his degree in May and move on.

Everybody is learning a new system so he has a chance to contribute.

TexanMark said:
PJ Batten I figure has to contribute on the field this Fall...or be asked to take his degree in May and move on.

Right so my thought is contribute someplace you played in HS and we are thin give him a fighting chance

LeMoyneCuse said:
Didn't partake in Spring Practice, has never seen the field at LB or at TE. Not sure what he'd have to contribute other than a warm body.

Yeah he wasnt at open parts no official word on that. I suppose but his most impressove HS numbers that say D1 athlete are a DE in HS that and frankly we need warm bodies on DL.

I'm no expert, but a 234lb DE in the ACC would be like playing 10 against 11...

He's one of the guys i would assume is gone. Batten, Alryk Perry and Jon Burton seem the obvious 3 to start.

I would hold off on Burton...the guy is built for Dino's system. If he makes 2nd string and contributes I could see him staying.

Nothing wrong with a 230# de firing off the edge and getting under big LT pads! Who was the stud DE that played at that weight for WVU and now a player for the Seahawks?

Nothing wrong with a 230# de firing off the edge and getting under big LT pads! Who was the stud DE that played at that weight for WVU and now a player for the Seahawks?
Yup Bruce Irvin is no Joke, Playing DE in the Hawks defensive style is more like an LB but he played DE at Dub-V and was close to the top in the nation in sacks one year.

Striker is an undersized non drafted lb and didn't impress until Bills put him back at his natural position as an edge rusher and he's been looking good in camp. Same could be true for Batten.

I would hold off on Burton...the guy is built for Dino's system. If he makes 2nd string and contributes I could see him staying.

He prepped, early enrolled, had a redshirt year, and still barely sniffed the field for his RS Soph and RS JR years when we had obvious depth problems on the line. I'm not sure if system is the issue with him.

Take my word on this when I say batten will not be a factor on the dline nor will be crack any te rotation. Nice kid but football wise there's a reason he's bounced around position wise and still never registered any statistic.

He prepped, early enrolled, had a redshirt year, and still barely sniffed the field for his RS Soph and RS JR years when we had obvious depth problems on the line. I'm not sure if system is the issue with him.

I know...but he passes the look test. Still hoping he makes the jump to production

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom