Class of 2018 - DE DJ Jackson (TX) La Tech Verbal/ Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 DE DJ Jackson (TX) La Tech Verbal/ Offered

I stand before you, promising now,that this cat is going to blow up this summer.

1. He has tremendous power and burst.
2. He plays with great gap responsibility. You can tell by the way he moves that he understands where he needs to be and doesn't over-pursue the ball.
3. His stance and first step - very pretty.

The one thing I'd like to see, and would probably make him even more of a pain. He needs to build up some secondary moves. He defaults to the bull-rush 80% of the time. If he can perfect a club/rip off the bull-rush, he'll have an easier time getting through on passing downs. He already dips his hips well enough.

I REALLY like this prospect. His tape reminds me a lot of Harold Brantley..damn Mizzou.

I stand before you, promising now,that this cat is going to blow up this summer.

2. He plays with great gap responsibility. You can tell by the way he moves that he understands where he needs to be and doesn't over-pursue the ball.

The one thing I'd like to see, and would probably make him even more of a pain. He needs to build up some secondary moves. He defaults to the bull-rush 80% of the time. If he can perfect a club/rip off the bull-rush, he'll have an easier time getting through on passing downs. He already dips his hips well enough.

I REALLY like this prospect. His tape reminds me a lot of Harold Brantley..damn Mizzou.

Calling Mr. Freeney, Mr. Dwight Freeney, please pick up the orange courtesy phone.

Harold Brantley's tape was the best DL tape I've seen of a Syracuse recruit in the recruiting site era. That one still bothers me lol. Steven Clark's was second. I haven't watched this one yet but if he matches up to those two then hopefully we land him.

Harold Brantley's tape was the best DL tape I've seen of a Syracuse recruit in the recruiting site era. That one still bothers me lol. Steven Clark's was second. I haven't watch this one yet but if he matches up to those two then hopefully we land him.
"Alert" "Alert" my pick is Curtis Harper. This kid is a stud and is the clone to Aaron Donald. Mark it down. Our "D" is building into something special as is the WHOLE team. God bless HCDB & Staff

Yup, he has freenys size and frame. That said, he may end up inside. Staffs love converting guys like this with burst and feet and letting them terrorize centers and guards. #warrensapp;)

We have a staff that can identify talent. Our recent additions are paying off.

This kid is an athlete ! I think he could bounce between tackle and end. Not to mention the occasional carry at RB when our O is throwing the ball all over the Dome

He is not very agile. There is not a highlight there where he demonstrates the ability to change directions. He's just quicker and stronger than his opponents. Is this an issue for a d-end? Does he add another 20 lbs and become one of these new age DTs (a poor man's Aaron Donald or someone like Whitlock)?

He is not very agile. There is not a highlight there where he demonstrates the ability to change directions. He's just quicker and stronger than his opponents. Is this an issue for a d-end? Does he add another 20 lbs and become one of these new age DTs (a poor man's Aaron Donald or someone like Whitlock)?

Finally watched some of his video.

We can debate agility, but one thing I see is that he doesn't allow himself to be taken out of plays, especially by players that are larger than him. Also, he's got pretty amazing speed for a guy his size. I'm not sure as to the competition but rarely do I see a 260 lb+ kid outrun defensive backs. The Tampa 2 places a premium on team speed. I think as an undersized DT he would fit this scheme pretty well. I don't know if I see him as a DE.

Finally watched some of his video.

We can debate agility, but one thing I see is that he doesn't allow himself to be taken out of plays, especially by players that are larger than him. Also, he's got pretty amazing speed for a guy his size. I'm not sure as to the competition but rarely do I see a 260 lb+ kid outrun defensive backs. The Tampa 2 places a premium on team speed. I think as an undersized DT he would fit this scheme pretty well. I don't know if I see him as a DE.
West Mesquite is in Division 5A, Region II District 15. HS football goes up to 6A in Texas. Coppell, the other school they are offering kids is 6A.