Class of 2015 - DE Marques Ford (FL) Decommits from UT, Commits to Rutgers,goes to JC, SU offered , Commits to ECU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Marques Ford (FL) Decommits from UT, Commits to Rutgers,goes to JC, SU offered , Commits to ECU

We were saying the opposite not too long ago so hopefully the narrative will change. Right now your statement is painful and accurate

Im going to assume you dont follow recruiting that well, Rutgers got destroyed in NJ again and is having a bad class overall. Their board has been infighting about it for months.

Do you really think that if there wasn't something "wrong" with this kid Butch wouldn't have him signing on NSD. I think RU threw out a lifeline to a kid who had no landing spot 10 days before NSD regardless of the reason UT cut him. Sometimes it is better to take a pass.
My guess is they over recruited again and have no space for the kid. They have 28 commits 3 DT and 3 DE. I would guess a few schools would throw out a lifeline.

My guess is they over recruited again and have no space for the kid. They have 28 commits 3 DT and 3 DE. I would guess a few schools would throw out a lifeline.

OK. So UT over recruited again and Ford didn't see it coming.

It is interesting that Tennessee chose to cut bait with this kid over the others is it not?

I could care less if a kid like this picked buttgers after being cut though. buttgers will always be fighitng it out with md, and indiana for 5th place in the east division. theyre a joke and they havent restocked their talent level to whats leaving and theyre a middling .500 team as is.

Do you really think that if there wasn't something "wrong" with this kid Butch wouldn't have him signing on NSD. I think RU threw out a lifeline to a kid who had no landing spot 10 days before NSD regardless of the reason UT cut him. Sometimes it is better to take a pass.

I ran across an article that said 20 coaches dropped in to see him/his coach after the news broke. As much as i hate RU, lets be real here, the kid had choices.

I ran across an article that said 20 coaches dropped in to see him/his coach after the news broke. As much as i hate RU, lets be real here, the kid had choices.

Did they all offer him?

Im going to assume you dont follow recruiting that well, Rutgers got destroyed in NJ again and is having a bad class overall. Their board has been infighting about it for months.

I'm going to assume you are just condescending by nature and I won't take it personally. Their class vs. our class this year is pretty neck and neck. I am talking about general momentum. They had a pretty good first year in the Big 10. Yeah, their OOC schedule is pathetic but people don't give a damn about that, we need to learn to schedule like they do(and NC State does and Duke does). They just hired one of the premier HS coaches in NJ. We are coming off a 3-9 year and half THIS board is infighting about Shafer, calling him and half his staff morons. And let's not kid ourselves, if we had grabbed this 4 star kid we would be throwing a ticker tape parade down Marshall Street.

I'm going to assume you are just condescending by nature and I won't take it personally. Their class vs. our class this year is pretty neck and neck. I am talking about general momentum. They had a pretty good first year in the Big 10. Yeah, their OOC schedule is pathetic but people don't give a damn about that, we need to learn to schedule like they do(and NC State does and Duke does). They just hired one of the premier HS coaches in NJ. We are coming off a 3-9 year and half THIS board is infighting about Shafer, calling him and half his staff morons. And let's not kid ourselves, if we had grabbed this 4 star kid we would be throwing a ticker tape parade down Marshall Street.

It wasn't concdescening, I stated that you probably dont follow recruiting which most people dont. Kid seems like a good recruit I didnt even comment on him Im sure its a good get but people act like they just signed some 5 star cant miss prospect. I only pointed out that there class this year is not good and they were torched in NJ by Ohio State, Penn State and others. They also already lost two members of the 2016 Rutgers "Dream Class" which caused a mini meltdown over there last week. I dont know what my post had to do about Shafer I think its pretty clear he has his own issues and no we wouldnt be throwing a ticker tape parade if we landed this kid, come on.

Scout: SU 40, RU 46
Rivals: RU 47, SU 52
247: RU 52. SU 55

I'd say thats pretty even wouldnt you? The RU board thinks their class sucks, meanwhile i see a bunch of posts over here with people high fiving each other about how we're cleaning up.

Full Disclosure: I know the star/ranking system is flawed.

Scout: SU 40, RU 46
Rivals: RU 47, SU 52
247: RU 52. SU 55

I'd say thats pretty even wouldnt you? The RU board thinks their class sucks, meanwhile i see a bunch of posts over here with people high fiving each other about how we're cleaning up.

Full Disclosure: I know the star/ranking system is flawed.

I dont see many people here high fiving each other or saying we are cleaning up in anyway. This is a good class with some really good late pickups but its clearly not a top 30 class or filled with cant miss prospects. These last few weeks will tellus where this class is at, if guys like Clark and others stay committed and we can pull in a guy late it will be a very good class. If Clark goes to Florida and a couple kids dont qualify and or we have to go the B route it will be another average class with good upside potential.

It wasn't concdescening, I stated that you probably dont follow recruiting which most people dont. Kid seems like a good recruit I didnt even comment on him Im sure its a good get but people act like they just signed some 5 star cant miss prospect. I only pointed out that there class this year is not good and they were torched in NJ by Ohio State, Penn State and others. They also already lost two members of the 2016 Rutgers "Dream Class" which caused a mini meltdown over there last week. I dont know what my post had to do about Shafer I think its pretty clear he has his own issues and no we wouldnt be throwing a ticker tape parade if we landed this kid, come on.

Well, I am glad you weren't being condescending, but I do follow recruiting. I am not saying Rutgers is building an empire or crushing us in recruiting. I was just trying to say that they have momentum that we don't have, between a solid first year in the Big 10 and hiring the HS coach in Jersey which is going to be huge for them whether we like it or not. You mentioned infighting on their board about recruiting, which makes me smile. At the same time, I was making the point that we are infighting about the mere competence of our staff after a 3-9 trainwreck. That's a much bigger issue(I like Shafer and most of the staff, just to be clear). Nothing I would like more than to see RU down in flames, so that is something we can certainly agree on.

Just an FYI but there were a lot of kids that are transferring or thinking about transferring out of UT. From what I have heard from one of my good friends down here, whose nephew signed with UT last year, is that the coach's promised a lot of them immediate playing time, however as season wore on that didn't happen. So basically the ones that were recruiting them lied, however when his nephew visited with South Carolina, Spurrier told him up front that they were crowded in the backfield and playing time would be limited for first and maybe second year. At least he was up front with the kid. He's pretty sure his nephew is looking to get out of there too. It's a shame things like this happen.

Well, I am glad you weren't being condescending, but I do follow recruiting. I am not saying Rutgers is building an empire or crushing us in recruiting. I was just trying to say that they have momentum that we don't have, between a solid first year in the Big 10 and hiring the HS coach in Jersey which is going to be huge for them whether we like it or not. You mentioned infighting on their board about recruiting, which makes me smile. At the same time, I was making the point that we are infighting about the mere competence of our staff after a 3-9 trainwreck. That's a much bigger issue(I like Shafer and most of the staff, just to be clear). Nothing I would like more than to see RU down in flames, so that is something we can certainly agree on.

They were closing about as poorly as you possibly could before this shot in the dark. And it's a long way before signing day, if they keep Ford committed I'll eat my words but I just don't see it happening.

Weren't they 3-5 ? Is that a good year?

There is a downside for Rutgers and the new coach they hired. He's a bit controversial and a lot of coaches in NJ do not like this guy. Word is we should not be surprised if other NJ coaches stop showing RU the love they have in the past. He'll open some doors but others will be closed. Hopefully similar to what happened to us in the northeast when Coach P was fired and he who shall not be named found many formerly friendly doors slammed in his face.

You keep mentioning that RU has momentum after a "solid" (3-5 in conference) first year in the B1G...but somehow forget to mention that we had an even better year (4-4), hence, momentum after our first ACC season. Where did that get us?

I'm not saying RU goes 3-9 next season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they take a step or two backwards.

Weren't they 3-5 ? Is that a good year?

After coming from the AAC, not too bad. Let's be clear, I despise RU, they are a bunch of clowns who I won't give credit to for anything. Maybe the fact that we may lose out on Stocker, Jake and Clayton(only Clayton going to RU) is depressing the hell out of me and making me feel like RU has some momentum over us. I will be happy to see them collapse in a heap, with their weasel HC being the biggest heap.

You keep mentioning that RU has momentum after a "solid" (3-5 in conference) first year in the B1G...but somehow forget to mention that we had an even better year (4-4), hence, momentum after our first ACC season. Where did that get us?

I'm not saying RU goes 3-9 next season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they take a step or two backwards.

fair points. If they take steps backwards I will be thrilled. I do hope we get to play them in the Pinstripe, however, and beat the hell out of them

After coming from the AAC, not too bad. Let's be clear, I despise RU, they are a bunch of clowns who I won't give credit to for anything. Maybe the fact that we may lose out on Stocker, Jake and Clayton(only Clayton going to RU) is depressing the hell out of me and making me feel like RU has some momentum over us. I will be happy to see them collapse in a heap, with their weasel HC being the biggest heap.
Flood isn't terrible, and is certainly nothing compared to Schiano the human waste product.

And they hired the Fridge as OC, a move that I would have loved to see us make a long time ago.

Their fans still need a sense of perspective, but that is business as usual.

Flood isn't terrible, and is certainly nothing compared to Schiano the human waste product.

And they hired the Fridge as OC, a move that I would have loved to see us make a long time ago.

Their fans still need a sense of perspective, but that is business as usual.

Oh, Schiano is in a league of his own as far as human waste. Flood annoys me as well. maybe because he is the coach of Rutgers. The Fridge was a fantastic hire, the fact that he isn't a HC somewhere again baffles me. Imagine trading in Fridge for Edsall??

It's funny how people can say Rutgers isn't a rival of ours... this thread has taken on a life of its own simply from the hatred many of us have towards NJ St.

Walked in from being in VT for the weekend, opened the sports page from Saturday's paper and on the front page is an article that Flood has rescinded his offer to Partridge. Like I said in an earlier post, this coach was a lightning rod in NJ HS sports and there are a lot of other coaches who did not care for him or his tactics.

This is looking like one of those really crazy stories. Decommitted from UT. Commits to RU. Enrolls at RU June 2015. Looks like he ended up at Jones County, MS JC as a class of 2017. The new staff just offered.

Last edited:
Current offers include Ole Miss, Miss St, Cal, Texas A&M, Syracuse