Class of 2015 - DE Marques Ford (FL) Decommits from UT, Commits to Rutgers,goes to JC, SU offered , Commits to ECU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Marques Ford (FL) Decommits from UT, Commits to Rutgers,goes to JC, SU offered , Commits to ECU

http://www.At their request, this n...-dl-marques-ford-holding-a-pair-of-sec-offers

Free Article

We have open scholarships, we should offer Ford's DE partner on the opposite end of the line at Jones CC and close friend Markel Winters also, and tell them both to enroll this fall; if Winters can graduate from JC this year with current or summer credits.

Winters is also a top JUCO player and sounds like a solid 2017 Ole Miss Commit, but he could get more playing time here this year instead of waiting till 2017 to transfer. Ole Miss also has 15 D-linemen on their roster, bad news for any JUCO and the two could continue to play together. Ole Miss will be hard to beat in 2017 if Ford's offer is commitable and Winters is still locked in.

Both are 4-2-4 guys, Winters @ ECU 2014, Ford @ Rutgers 2015.

Winters has completed 1.5 years at JC after red-shirting his freshman season at ECU, (Would be 3 to play 3 at SU) and Ford has completed .5 yrs and didn't play yet would likely need to sit a year because he enrolled at Rutgers, same as standard DI-DI transfer, and there should be no 2 year restriction on when he transfers from JUCO because it wasn't an initial qualification issue (Would be 4 to play 3 at SU).

The Pitch: Play together and lock yourself in at the P5 level this year, or wait and see what the SEC coaching carousel/over-recruiting means for 2017, not to mention risking injury at JC.

Worth a try and could peak Winters' interest and further peak Ford's.

Article Quote:
"Jones CC has the state's top defensive end duo in Markel Winters along with Marques Ford. The two have grown close on and off the field.

"We just kind of lean on each other on and off the field. He's helped me out with their playbook since Markel was there last season. We try and compete in practices. It's a lot of fun. We push each other to be the best we can be. I'm coming off the end at weak side, and he's coming off the end at strong side (defensive end). Markel is so talented and big and fast. We plan on causing a lot of havoc on the field next season."..."

NCAA Rules: 4 year to 2 year to 4 year school transfer requirements for immediate play.

4-2-4 transfers in Division I must meet the following academic requirements to be eligible to compete immediately after transferring to the second four-year school:

• Complete an average of 12 hours of transferable degree credit per term of full-time attendance at the junior college;
  • Earn at least a 2.000 GPA in those transferable courses;
  • Have at least one calendar year elapse since leaving the original four-year school; and
  • Graduate from the junior college.

We have open scholarships, we should offer Ford's DE partner on the opposite end of the line at Jones CC and close friend Markel Winters also, and tell them both to enroll this fall; if Winters can graduate from JC this year with current or summer credits.

Winters is also a top JUCO player and sounds like a solid 2017 Ole Miss Commit, but he could get more playing time here this year instead of waiting till 2017 to transfer. Ole Miss also has 15 D-linemen on their roster, bad news for any JUCO and the two could continue to play together. Ole Miss will be hard to beat in 2017 if Ford's offer is commitable and Winters is still locked in.

Both are 4-2-4 guys, Winters @ ECU 2014, Ford @ Rutgers 2015.

Winters has completed 1.5 years at JC after red-shirting his freshman season at ECU, (Would be 3 to play 3 at SU) and Ford has completed .5 yrs and didn't play yet would likely need to sit a year because he enrolled at Rutgers, same as standard DI-DI transfer, and there should be no 2 year restriction on when he transfers from JUCO because it wasn't an initial qualification issue (Would be 4 to play 3 at SU).

The Pitch: Play together and lock yourself in at the P5 level this year, or wait and see what the SEC coaching carousel/over-recruiting means for 2017, not to mention risking injury at JC.

Worth a try and could peak Winters' interest and further peak Ford's.

Article Quote:
"Jones CC has the state's top defensive end duo in Markel Winters along with Marques Ford. The two have grown close on and off the field.

"We just kind of lean on each other on and off the field. He's helped me out with their playbook since Markel was there last season. We try and compete in practices. It's a lot of fun. We push each other to be the best we can be. I'm coming off the end at weak side, and he's coming off the end at strong side (defensive end). Markel is so talented and big and fast. We plan on causing a lot of havoc on the field next season."..."

NCAA Rules: 4 year to 2 year to 4 year school transfer requirements for immediate play.

4-2-4 transfers in Division I must meet the following academic requirements to be eligible to compete immediately after transferring to the second four-year school:

• Complete an average of 12 hours of transferable degree credit per term of full-time attendance at the junior college;
  • Earn at least a 2.000 GPA in those transferable courses;
  • Have at least one calendar year elapse since leaving the original four-year school; and
  • Graduate from the junior college.
That is a preposterous scenario. Syracuse isn't flipping a solid Ole Miss commit.

That is a preposterous scenario. Syracuse isn't flipping a solid Ole Miss commit.
How do you know? The kid is from Florida and originally committed to Rutgirls.

I agree with TexanMark. Who knows one way or other if you don't offer. And if they do have 15 DL there, that is a lot to compete with. What's the worst the two could say is no. We have been told that before and just move on. I would love to see it offered to them like that.

Marques Ford committed to Rutgers initially and is not a solid Ole Miss commit.

The solid Ole Miss commit that Ottoble was hoping to flip is Markel Winters. That's the guy bnoro was responding about.

bnoro said:

I agree 100% if its 2017, if its this year then we have a shot in the dark. We need DEs THIS YEAR and the SEC is notorious for "moving on". Also a much smaller window on Ford if its 2017.

actually he originally committed to Tenn, then was dropped a few days before singing day and selected RU. Since hes from Florida I wouldn't be surprised if he was committed to one or two schools before Tenn.